• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#11 gkashmira

gkashmira
  • 1,962 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 10:01 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by LadyCheese
    Photography is more important to me than a video but I still want a video...I had a friend who paid seven grand for hers and yes it was nice but jeeze, thats almost my whole budget!! LOL...I am planning to hire a videograper but I dont want to spend a small fortune on it. But its nice bc back home I can show it to the family & friends who didnt get to make the trip.
    Well I think that it is great that you know what your priorities are! That is sometimes the hardest part! We paid only like $600 for ours so I feel like you can get something for a much more reasonable price. Especially since it isn't your biggest concern - you may be willing to have less time or even a little less quality in exchange for a lower price. That will help you keep the $$ for the photographs which are more important for you.

So you're half way there!
    Kashmira & Dan
    Happily married since June 16, 2007
    http://i95.photobuck....a/IMG_0769.jpg
    Our mini-video: http://www.bajavideo...m/Kash_Dan.html
    Photo slideshow: http://www.tomasbarron.com/recent.php

#12 LadyCheese

LadyCheese
    • 1,830 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 10:40 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by gkashmira
      Well I think that it is great that you know what your priorities are! That is sometimes the hardest part! We paid only like $600 for ours so I feel like you can get something for a much more reasonable price. Especially since it isn't your biggest concern - you may be willing to have less time or even a little less quality in exchange for a lower price. That will help you keep the $$ for the photographs which are more important for you.

So you're half way there!
      Thanks! $600 sounds much better to me :)

#13 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 18,759 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 10:44 PM

I have decided video just isn't in my budget. So I'm going to make a picture video like this one
        YouTube - Levi and Christinas Wedding

I love this video. I have watched it so many times. They have mostly pictures with a mix of video. Hopefully the footage taken with my camcorder will be good enough to merge in with some pictures.

#14 LadyCheese

LadyCheese
        • 1,830 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 10:53 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Morgan
          I have decided video just isn't in my budget. So I'm going to make a picture video like this one
          http://image.orienta...tcimg/64_45.jpg

I love this video. I have watched it so many times. They have mostly pictures with a mix of video. Hopefully the footage taken with my camcorder will be good enough to merge in with some pictures.
          The link you posted showed some keyring thingies

#15 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 18,759 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 10:58 PM

Quote:
            The link you posted showed some keyring thingies
            ha ha! I posted those key rings on a different thread & I guess I didn't hit ctrl C for the new llink.

Instead of a wedding video, I'll just go with some key chains :)

YouTube - Levi and Christinas Wedding

#16 Mrs. Martin

Mrs. Martin
            • 514 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 11:06 PM

Thanks for the all your opinions! It's funny because it wasn't until two days ago that someone had asked me if I was hiring a videographer that I actually thought about it and now that's all I have been thinking about!! It never even crossed my mind. Pictures are much more of a priority to me, so I saved most of my budget for that. I'm afraid I'm going to regret, however, not recording my fiance and I exchanging our vows. I've been checking out some videographers, but so far a lot of the samples videos that are in my budget seemed a bit cheesey and dated . I don't want to spend a lot if I do hire one, but I also don't want to settle for a poor quality video just because the price was cheap.

#17 jean-marcus

jean-marcus
              • 1,565 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 04:23 AM

Quote:
                Photography is more important to me than a video but I still want a video...I had a friend who paid seven grand for hers and yes it was nice but jeeze, thats almost my whole budget!! LOL...I am planning to hire a videograper but I dont want to spend a small fortune on it. But its nice bc back home I can show it to the family & friends who didnt get to make the trip.
                holy schnikiess... WOW> 7 K . who was producing it? spielberg? hehehe

#18 LadyCheese

LadyCheese
                • 1,830 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 11:21 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by jean-marcus
                  holy schnikiess... WOW> 7 K . who was producing it? spielberg? hehehe
                  lmao...thats what I said!! I almost fell out my chair when she told me the price...she didnt hire a photographer just so she can have this video! nuts

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users