• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

#11 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 24,768 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 11:04 AM

This is the song my FI picked for our first dance - he loved the "tropical" feel to it, and since we're honeymooning in Hawaii, he thought it would be perfect! LOVE, love love this song!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Nrvsbride
    Ok like most brides I think about the little details instead of the more important stuff like setting a date. LOL. I really want to walk down to Israle Kamakawiwo'ole's version of "Somewhere over the rainbow". It's from the 50 first dates soundtrack. It has a beachy feel to it. I was curious as to what music you guys are playing when you walk down/or you played when you walked down the aisle.

-Glenda

#12 jthrasher

jthrasher
    • Banned
    • 486 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 11:58 AM

You gotta love Bradda IZ (Israle). I used to live in Hawaii and used to listen to his music all the time.

I miss that place.

#13 Christine

Christine
      • VIP Member
      • 21,514 posts
      • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
      • Wedding Location:Napa, California
      • LocationReno, NV

Posted 03 January 2007 - 12:03 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Nrvsbride
      Ok like most brides I think about the little details instead of the more important stuff like setting a date. LOL. I really want to walk down to Israle Kamakawiwo'ole's version of "Somewhere over the rainbow". It's from the 50 first dates soundtrack. It has a beachy feel to it. I was curious as to what music you guys are playing when you walk down/or you played when you walked down the aisle.

-Glenda

I love that song and that movie, that is on the definate play list for my reception. I have no idea what I will walk down the aisle to, now that we are getting married in a church, my step-grandmother is a great organist, so I might ask her to play, but my fiance says no organ (its too old and stuffy for him I guess).
      Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#14 Nrvsbride

Nrvsbride
      • 5,248 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 12:03 PM

Ok first of all I've hear that version of O'sole mio and I love it! My dad is an Italian chef and he plays it all the time in his restaurant. That must have been beautiful with the trio! And Jenetta I have heard your song as well and it is gorgeous!! Amy I listen to that soundtrack all the time. That's so cute that he sings it to you. I haven't even thought of how I'm going to get it played. Do you think we (and by we I mean us brides) can bring an ipod with one of those bose stereos? They go pretty loud. This would save the cost of getting sound systems set up. Anyone have any ideas?

-Glenda

#15 Nrvsbride

Nrvsbride
        • 5,248 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 12:04 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by AQHARIDER
          I love that song!
          I want to walk to "You raise me up" by Josh Groban. I love how dramatic it is...
          There are no words for how much I love Josh Groban!!!!

-Glenda

#16 Natalie Z

Natalie Z
          • 1,430 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 03:41 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by AQHARIDER
            I love that song!
            I want to walk to "You raise me up" by Josh Groban. I love how dramatic it is...
            Sarah I met him on Oprah and he was soooo nice!!! Such a good guy with a big heart!

#17 TammyB

TammyB
            • 10,630 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 04:15 PM

Ok girls.... I haven't even thought about music, I was thinking the sound of the ocean would drown out the music so I wasn't planning on music. Now you have me worried. Would it be weird to not have music playing? Cain and I will most likely walk down the isle together...

#18 loretuke

loretuke
              • 131 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 04:17 PM

I am thinking of using that song from movie "Closer" by Damien Rice. Don't remember how it's called but it starts with "And here it is..."

#19 NATASHA

NATASHA
                • 646 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 04:27 PM

Hi TammyM - what about a single guitar?

Ask Leigh Miller what she thinks - she just shot a wedding at Pedregal Beach (you're still getting married there, right?)
                  Shawn and NatashaHappily MarriedNovember 11, 2006

#20 TammyB

TammyB
                  • 10,630 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 04:35 PM

No were having our ceremony on the beach at the Sheraton now. That way were not traveling all over the place on our wedding day.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users