Photo

Song to walk down the aisle

• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

#101 *JillD*

*JillD*
  • 5,112 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 09:16 PM

I was set on walking down to bittersweet symphony, but got nervous a few days before that it wouldnt' be long enough so I went with my original choice, somewhere over the rainbow and it was perfect! We walked out to I'm a believer, by smashmouth.

#102 jarauz

jarauz
    • 251 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 11:04 PM

Hello ladies, this truely is a hard one.....I'm still debating with

1- Endless Love by Luther Vandross & Mariah Carey

YouTube - Luther Vandross-Endless Love (Duet with Mariah Carey)

2- You for me by Johnny Gill

YouTube - You For Me

What do you think?

#103 foxytv

foxytv
      • VIP Member
      • 7,740 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 11:10 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by TA Jill
        I was set on walking down to bittersweet symphony, but got nervous a few days before that it wouldnt' be long enough so I went with my original choice, somewhere over the rainbow and it was perfect! We walked out to I'm a believer, by smashmouth.
        Too funny!!!! I used the EXACT same two songs!!!! BDW is full of great ideas (that's where I got the idea for those songs!).

"Ground Control to Major Tom" played when it was time for Tom and GM to take their places, then BM's walked down to "Just Like Heaven" (originally sung by The Cure) by Katie Melua. It's such a dreamy version.

Everyone commented on how much they loved our music!

#104 Denise40

Denise40
        • 407 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 11:19 PM

I just love Endless Love!! That is perfect.

#105 Samantha S

Samantha S
          • 369 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 02:09 AM

I am still working out my bridal party song and our exit song (thinking Bob Marley - Could this be love) but I have to do Canon in D for my walk. Listen to this amazing acoustic version on youtube (minus the face the guy is making the whole time ). I bawl everytime I hear this played beautifully, I'm trying to de-sensitize myself to it so i'm not a big blubbering mess while I walk down the aisle but it's not working! I think the acoustic version makes it a tad more beachy-ish.

YouTube - Pachelbel Canon in D (fingerstyle guitar)

#106 becks

becks

VIP

• VIP Member
            • 4,881 posts
            • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
            • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
            • LocationNew York

Posted 12 June 2008 - 08:54 AM

I'm toying with the idea of walking down to Hans Zimmer's "You're So Cool" from True Romance. I like the beachy sound of it, plus I want something that the DJ can fade out when I get to the front (instrumental), and I also want to make sure I get there without getting all weepy. What do you think?

YouTube - True Romance # You're so cool! - Hans Zimmer

For our recessional, we're probably going with Bob Sinclair's "Love Generation". Fun... Happy... Plus, they play it when the Rangers win, so FI thinks it's a great idea. (He also pushed hard for the "Goal" song)

YouTube - Bob Sinclair - Love Generation (clip)

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

#107 KHarrod

KHarrod
            • 902 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 09:38 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by jarauz
              Hello ladies, this truely is a hard one.....I'm still debating with

1- Endless Love by Luther Vandross & Mariah Carey

YouTube - Luther Vandross-Endless Love (Duet with Mariah Carey)

2- You for me by Johnny Gill

YouTube - You For Me

What do you think?
              I really like " You for Me" by Johnny Gill I was thinking about using it myself.

#108 Pazoop

Pazoop
              • 223 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 10:14 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by becks
                I'm toying with the idea of walking down to Hans Zimmer's "You're So Cool" from True Romance. I like the beachy sound of it, plus I want something that the DJ can fade out when I get to the front (instrumental), and I also want to make sure I get there without getting all weepy. What do you think?

YouTube - True Romance # You're so cool! - Hans Zimmer
                Becks!!! You saved me from my weeks of misery looking through songs I have hated!!! Or just thought were way too cheesy for me! I love this! I'm totally going to use it (between that and us having the same photog we're slowly becoming wedding twins!) The next time I'm in nyc we will definitely have to meet! I love Somewhere Over the Rainbow but that song has a special place and meaning in my family -- it was the wedding song for my aunt and uncle who both passed away a few years ago -- so it wouldn't feel right to use it.

I've been a bad BDWer lately b/c I've been helping by BF get ready for her Aug 9 wedding and looking for music for her too...In my searches I also found this great song from the Princess Bride which I think is really romantic...

YouTube - Storybook Love from 'The Princess Bride'

Las Caletas Wedding and TTD Slideshow
                Photos by the awesome Nathaniel Thompson

#109 nolaroy724

nolaroy724
                • 308 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 02:20 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Pazoop
                  I've been a bad BDWer lately b/c I've been helping by BF get ready for her Aug 9 wedding and looking for music for her too...In my searches I also found this great song from the Princess Bride which I think is really romantic...

YouTube - Storybook Love from 'The Princess Bride'
                  OMG, I LOVE LOVE LOVE Princess Bride!!!!! "Maawidge"
                  "My name is Inigo Montoya" - lol

#110 JoLo908

JoLo908
                  • 889 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 11:31 AM

Ok, ladies, if you want to hear a song that is absolutely beautiful ( obviously a daddy daughter song) listen to "Daddy" by Kendall Payne... It makes me cry whenever I hear it! So nice, just thought I would share!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users