Photo

The best workout DVDs I have ever owned- P90X

• Please log in to reply
430 replies to this topic

#401 jplovesme

jplovesme
  • 385 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 03:17 PM

love this thread! I did P90x a few years ago, and loved my arms and leg muscles ... Once you get used to it, you feel like a total stud. unfortunately, I stopped after a year... I'll be starting up again soon, especially as the wedding gets closer.

#402 Sylvie143

Sylvie143
    • 181 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 10:36 PM

My FI and I are waiting for our set to come, I CAN'T wait to try it, I've gained a bunch of weight in the past year and I need to shed off those pounds I gained, from what everyone tells me this will be an effective way to do it!

#403 ~Crista-Lee~

~Crista-Lee~
      • 329 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 11:45 PM

My FI shocked me today and we're going to try it. He has friends who tried it, loved it and got great results. I think I need to send him away on more snowboarding trips with his friends - I seem to get what I want!!

We're starting on Monday hopefully. Wish us luck!

#404 Mischaka

Mischaka
        • 969 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 11:51 PM

I wanted to get this but i'm scared cause I don't want to turn my fat into muscle. Once I lose more weight then i'll buy this.

#405 tbrwn250

tbrwn250
          • 26 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 11:57 PM

I LOVE P90X!!! Its by far the best workout video out there, worth every penny!

#406 KittenHeart

KittenHeart
            • 3,103 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 01:22 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Mischaka
              I wanted to get this but i'm scared cause I don't want to turn my fat into muscle. Once I lose more weight then i'll buy this.
              Haha, every girls worst fear! That definitely wouldn't happen. I tell my friends who bring up this same concern that building a little muscle helps burn fat quicker. I've never been as low body fat % as I was while doing P90X and I didn't get bulky. You just use lower weights for toning, higher for bulking and they give you instructions for both.

#407 ~Crista-Lee~

~Crista-Lee~
              • 329 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 02:45 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by KittenHeart
                Haha, every girls worst fear! That definitely wouldn't happen. I tell my friends who bring up this same concern that building a little muscle helps burn fat quicker. I've never been as low body fat % as I was while doing P90X and I didn't get bulky. You just use lower weights for toning, higher for bulking and they give you instructions for both.
                Amy, thanks for the clarification. You are a guru in so many ways!

#408 KittenHeart

KittenHeart
                • 3,103 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 04:11 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by ~Crista-Lee~
                  Amy, thanks for the clarification. You are a guru in so many ways!
                  It took me MANY years to finally figure this out just buy doing a lot of weight lifting and adjusting weights as necessary. It turns out it's actually VERY hard to bulk up and stay that way.

Just know that when you do weights, your muscles will swell noticibly, not a lot but you'll notice but that's good. Once they shrink down a bit you get that tight harder toned look.

Thanks Crista! Only with things I've spent lots of time on which happens to be working out and planning a wedding, LOL!

#409 Mischaka

Mischaka
                  • 969 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 04:17 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by KittenHeart

I know for 3 months i've been saying i'm going to get this. I just might. I just don't want that manly look. lol

#410 Tifany

Tifany
                    • 248 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 07:44 PM

I think I'm finally starting (and committing) to a round on Monday. Eek!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users