Photo

The best workout DVDs I have ever owned- P90X

• Please log in to reply
430 replies to this topic

#341 FutureMsMoulton

FutureMsMoulton
  • 762 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 02:03 AM

I agree Tony is annoying as hell and the worst part is that I can say everything along with him!

#342 bholthof

bholthof
    • Banned
    • 323 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 10:01 AM

Isn't there an option where you can turn off Tony?? Or is it just the music?

Although honestly he hasn't gotten to the annoying part yet - just when he adds his own comments. I could live with him just saying "Do your vinyasa....now into downward dog...lift the left heel into the air....swing it through."

Cause I don't look at the tv the whole time... so the verbal cues are good. But his commentary is awful!!

Not the worst I've heard though - its the preppy cheerleader types on other DVD's that get me!
      21 people + Bride & Groom booked!!

http://tickers.Ticke....8e20/event.png

#343 KittenHeart

KittenHeart
      • 3,103 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 01:07 PM

Yeah Tony get's annoying, especially three months in when you're mouthing to yourself his lines you've heard 1,000 times... FI and have conversations back and forth of his lines... I prefer the scary yelling personally :)

Has anyone tried the $120 Shakeology drink? They keep selling me on it until I remember how expensive it is

#344 Monica Mai

Monica Mai
        • 66 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 01:57 PM

I'm so glad I've found others who also have P90X!! . . .I bought it last year and did it strong for 30 days, but lost my steam. After reading everyone's posts about it, it's got me re-motivated to get started again!! Superman-Banana!

#345 Tilly in the Sun

Tilly in the Sun
          • 450 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 11:50 PM

I did yoga today and loved it!! I feel so limber and streched out :-) So far haven't noticed any weight off the scale, but stomach is feeling tighter. I'm not following the diet 100%, just limiting carbs for the AM and eliminating junk (should be soo easy now that the holiday dinners are coming up!! LOL). I am used to sweating a bit more at the gym with running and classes, but I can't afford to renew my membership right now so gotta keep it up with Tony and his wonderful commentary

tomorrow on to legs!!

#346 FutureMsMoulton

FutureMsMoulton
            • 762 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 02:44 AM

I made my FI do it with me last night and we did the cardio x followed by ab ripper and his legs are killing him today. I just wish i felt more burn!

#347 bholthof

bholthof
              • Banned
              • 323 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 10:42 AM

sigh... I have totally fallen off the wagon. I love doing it, I just don't have the time!! I'd do it before work in the morning - but I work at 7 am! And there is no way I am getting my lazy arse out of bed before 5 am!

There def. needs to be more hours in a day.
                21 people + Bride & Groom booked!!

http://tickers.Ticke....8e20/event.png

#348 KittenHeart

KittenHeart
                • 3,103 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 12:38 PM

I agree, more hours needed in the day, especially with planning a wedding!

I get up @ 5am every day so there's absolutely no way I could workout in the morning either, the guy in the cubicle next to me works out @ 3am and I have no idea how he does it.

I have been doing alright with my Insanity, on 3 days last week but this week will be 6 days (for the first time in a month I think) but now I'm on a mission since my BD photos are in a month.

Next week is my recovery week from Insanity so I'm going to use it to do P90X with you ladies!

#349 Tilly in the Sun

Tilly in the Sun
                  • 450 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 07:06 PM

I hear you guys on not wanting to get up earlier!! I value my sleep waaay too much for that!! LOL I stick to the after work workouts.

I'm also not feeling the burn as much as I thought I would...I just finished the first week of classic, and honestly I was expecting to feel it more. Don't get me wrong, my arms felt it after the first day but since than it really hasn't been too bad.

I will keep doing it for sure, but once the Christmas maddness and expenses are over FI and I are gonna renew our gym memberships and do a mix of both. (one major advantage I like about the videos is doing them at home is that is saves so much time!!)

I haven't done the cardio yet...is that one hard?

#350 *JillD*

*JillD*
                    • 5,112 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 12:30 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by KittenHeart
                      FutureMsMoulton - HAHAHA! Tony man, he just gabs constantly!!

Insanity is all high intensity cardio and training intervals, no weights. After P90X I wanted something totally different and boy did I get it. Insanity is harder than anything I've ever done. It's also only 60 days which intrigued me as I'm doing my BD shoot in January and I had 2 months at the time to get into shape. I'm about to complete week 3 of this and FINALLY last night I had my breakthrough and things started getting easier. Insanity causes you to push yourself far beyond you ever thought you could go.

Watch the little clip video to get an idea
                      I'm so glad I've found others who also have P90X!! . . .I bought it last year and did it strong for 30 days, but lost my steam. After reading everyone's posts about it, it's got me re-motivated to get started again!! Superman-Banana!
                      Superman-Banana.....I completely forgot about that, ROFL!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users