| Originally Posted by Jess |
really? okay good to know.
what supplies do you REALLY need? Paul swears we need everything including the heart rate monitors, body fat scale, food supplements, etc etc
1. Bands - They are a lot cheaper than weights and we didn't know if we would like the program so we held off on the dumbbells at first. You can also use the for pull ups and the dvd shows you how.
2. Notebook to track your workouts
Almost a must, but you can get away without:
1. Pull up bar - we bought the one that fits over the door jam and it works great. Hasn't damaged the door and is really sturdy.
2. Yoga mat
3. Dumbbells - I use 5-15 and FI uses up to the 25. We're in it for tone and definition not size.
Nice to Haves:
1. Push up bars - you do a ton of push ups in this workout and they really help your wrists
2. Heart rate monitor - I have one but FI doesn't. It's nice to be able to track your progress
3. Scale - we use the Wii Fit and I list it as a nice to have because fitting in my clothes and feeling health are what matter to me.
4. Recovery drink and/or supplements - I will drink a protein shake as a snack before the work out or the recovery drink to tide me over until dinner. They just help not eat the junk food that I love.
Also, we are not doing the diet part of P90X because FI is sooooooooooo picky and I hate saying that I am on a diet. We are just cutting back on the fried food and beer! It is working because we both look and feel better.