Photo

The best workout DVDs I have ever owned- P90X

• Please log in to reply
430 replies to this topic

#91 akbeach

akbeach
  • 169 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 12:48 AM

We started P90X about 2 months ago and are heading into month 3 (it's set up in a 3 month cycle). We are getting good results with the workouts and following the eating plan about 80% of the time. We bought a pull up bar that doesn't ruin the door frame and some bands and we can do it together in the garage. I like the results but it is tough. It gets better after the first few workouts so don't give up. Check it out!
    http://cancunphotos.bigfolioblog.com/
    Photo by Sascha Gluck from Cancun Photos

#92 *JillD*

*JillD*
    • 5,112 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 06:39 PM

We bought it last summer and stuck with it for about 2 months I'd say. It's really tough, but I definitely noticed results.

The biggest problem I had is that I have weight to lose and I wasn't losing doing these videos. I think if I had stuck with it longer I would have seen the pounds come off because I could definitely tell with my clothes that I was losing inches. But I was frustrated because the scale wasn't moving.

My husband really liked them and did them faithfully everyday. It's designed so that you work out 6-7 days a week for 3 months.

I too like to do classes at the gym. So I bought some other videos for myself to do, but I'll still do a couple of the P90X videos from time to time too because they are good, I think it was just too much lifting weights for me, not enough cardio.

#93 Alyssa

Alyssa
      • 11,793 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 12:00 AM

Morgan - what other Beach Body DVD's do you do besides p90x and Turbo Jam? i have the p90x and did them before my wedding, ate like a pig for the last 2 months and am going to start turbo jam LOL!! haha i want to mix it up :)

#94 Jess

Jess
        • 4,455 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 01:05 AM

awesome - these seem great - i'll have to try them

#95 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 18,759 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 01:14 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Alyssa
            Morgan - what other Beach Body DVD's do you do besides p90x and Turbo Jam? i have the p90x and did them before my wedding, ate like a pig for the last 2 months and am going to start turbo jam LOL!! haha i want to mix it up :)
            ive done hip hop abs, but I'm not crazy about it. it's kind of weird. i almost feel too silly to do it.

i also like taebo- billy's favorite moves & fat blasting cardio.

I did cardio X tonight.

#96 Debs

Debs
            • VIP Member
            • 7,104 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 01:24 AM

I TJ'D!! Punch, kick, JAM!! Oh ya!

#97 Chantal85

Chantal85
              • 224 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 01:31 AM

I just started P90X earlier this week and my whole body aches! I can tell this is going to be a tough road! Glad to hear others had some decent results.

#98 Alyssa

Alyssa
                • 11,793 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 10:30 AM

thanks morgan!

#99 boscobel

boscobel
                  • VIP Member
                  • 24,213 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 11:28 AM

So I was interested in p90x, but got scared after researching it since I haven't worked out or exercised in any way/shape/form for practically my whole life. But I ordered Tony Horton's Power Half Hour and just got it yesterday! I was reading the booklets on the train this morning and am excited to start it. Cuz I think having it be 30 minutes might make it fit into my schedule.

Oh, i also found a website that was selling the p90x system for fairly cheap, if anyone is interested - P90X - Extreme Home Fitness - $85.99 : The-DVDs!, The Art of Saving - $85 and free shipping

#100 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 18,759 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 11:30 AM

good choice carly. p90x shouldn't be your first workout video. let us know how you like the other videos.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users