The best workout DVDs I have ever owned- P90X

rodent

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jujigirl View Post
OK...so I am debating buying this after reading reviews. I used to workout A LOT but over the past few years I have stopped. I want to lose around 10 pounds and really tone up. I'm pretty weak at pushups right now...I can do MAYBE 10 regular ones...and can run a mile without stopping but not much more (I know...not in the best shape). Anyway - I have read reviews and am wondering if I am not in good enough shape to start this. I like pushing myself but don't want to spend the 120 and not use the workouts...any advice is greatly appreciated!!!
You can def do it. I'm in crappy shape. I probably couldn't run a half mile without stopping. I have done P90X for 2 months. I've noticed my endurance has really improved. I ran a mile today no problems. I do all the pushups on my knees- there are a ton of pushups too! I wouldn't worry too much- If I can do it, you can do it.

• 1 month later...

DH called me into the bedroom this morning and says, turn the TV out there to channel 26, I think we should buy this. It's the P90X commercials!

I like the idea of us being able to workout together, it really helps me to have someone to workout with, but I'm a little scared!

I have never heard of this. I NEVER EVER work out. Well, last summer I ran some at the park. Other than that I never work out. Do you think if I start slow that this will be a good thing for me? FI and I have been wanting to do something to kick start our butts to getting fit for the wedding.

i just finished the chest and back. i find the guy quite annoying. but after you know the exercises, just mute him. his jokes are terrible. i'm not in good shape, and i really didn't work that hard for the first 2 weeks (i'm in the third week now) but i still lost 9 lbs...and i was only 133 to start with. i'm telling you ladies....these dvd's are a godsent! what they do on the videos are EXTREME, i would never expect to keep up with them....but, i do what i can, and it works for me!!!

its awesome....so glad we bought them!

I bought these DVD's and finished my first 90 days and now am in my seventh week of the second 90 days. I started with the "lean" program and now I am doing the "classic". I absolutely LOVE these DVD's and workouts. I have always worked out and was really into the Turbo Jam (also by Beachbody) but really wanted to test the P90X out before the wedding. I already worked out 5 days a week and rarely missed a day, but this program requires you to work out 6 days a week and I truly stuck with it everyday- even worked out the DAY of the wedding and throughout the honeymoon (my DH thought I was crazy!!). It really got me into the best shape and just really kicks your butt! I HIGHLY recommend these to anyone thinking about it. I purchased the set on ebay to save some money, but I am so glad that I did. I debated for months on whether to purchase them, but they are totally worth the money.

I think the thing that excites me the most about getting these videos is that DH wants us to get them too and wants to do the workouts together. I used to be so good about going to the gym 4-5 times a week when I had a friend to workout with, its so easy to say I'm not going to do it when someone else isn't saying, "but we have to".

I'm trying to win some on ebay, I was hoping to get them a little cheaper, but it's not going to be much cheaper, apparently they are very popular!

• 2 weeks later...
Quote:
Originally Posted by TA Jill View Post
I think the thing that excites me the most about getting these videos is that DH wants us to get them too and wants to do the workouts together. I used to be so good about going to the gym 4-5 times a week when I had a friend to workout with, its so easy to say I'm not going to do it when someone else isn't saying, "but we have to".

I'm trying to win some on ebay, I was hoping to get them a little cheaper, but it's not going to be much cheaper, apparently they are very popular!
I don't think they are any cheaper on ebay anymore. They are really popular. If you get them from beachbody & don't like them you can return them for your money back.

I recently got turbo jam. I love it! There are a few girls I work out with reguarly. We split the cost of the set. We did Cardio party & Ab Jam tonight. It's a blast!

I love working out at home. We can talk during the workout, workout on our schedule, & be as silly as we want. It's a little hard to fit 3 of us in the living room kicking at the same time, but we make it work. 4 would be a really tight squeeze.

We do another at home workout I call "dance dance revolution circuit." It's a rotation of DDR, pilates & weights.

I just bought P90X- thanks to you all! I dont have enough variety of weights at home yet but I did the shoulders and arms workout yesterday with just the 8lbers I have. It was fun! Once I'm all set up with weights I"m going to do the real program for the 90 days. I want to get toned and i think this will push me! Thanks for the recommendation, BDW!!!