• Please log in to reply
1908 replies to this topic

#881 khomac

khomac
  • 380 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 11:41 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DallasAshli
    My DH and I almost always split a plate and do it not to save money but to save calories (& waste!) We started this when we were trying to lose weight and love it. The American portions are way too big! And we wont eat the leftovers (they just sit in the fridge till we throw them out), so it saves waste and a to-go container :)
    Thats the problem these days. Portion sizes are getting ridiculous. I mean, come on, who needs a serving dish sized bowl, full of pasta! Montana's is brutal for that. And these portion sizes are attributing to obesity! People dont know what a serving size is anymore (I CONFESS I'M GUILTY OF THIS ) Even an ordinary household plate has gotten bigger. Look at a plate from your grandmothers cupboard, then compare it to something more recent. It's brutal!

And I confess that when a big huge honkin' size bowl of pasta from Montana's is infront of me, I want to eat it all because it's just not as good the next day and can't imagine throwing out half my food
    Kelly & Pablo

http://www.michaelsteingard.com
    Michael and Phil Steingard are located in Ontario, but travel to Punta Cana quite often during the year. There is a good chance they will be down already during your wedding week, so this will cut travel costs

#882 KLC77

KLC77
    • 2,207 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 12:52 AM

I confess that living in one of the most expensive counties, in one of the most expensive states in the US is really frustrating when you're trying to look for a house. Even in this market and economy we can't find anything we like in our price range. Its so frustrating! Why does everything have to be so yucky?
      ~Kelly

Our Awesome Wedding Pics: http://www.delsolpho...ings/kelly&ron/

#883 Soon To Be Mrs. Gomez

Soon To Be Mrs. Gomez
      • 1,326 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 01:03 AM

I confess that I had FI return wedding band because I thought it was too small. Now it's too late to order a bigger one in time for the wedding. Let's hope I get it after!

#884 bumbles

bumbles
        • 574 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 10:37 AM

I confess that I'm nervous about writing my vows!

#885 ebredhawk

ebredhawk
          • 949 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 01:18 PM

I confess that I was craving chocolate so bad last night that I stole candy out of my future step daughter's room.

#886 ~Stephanie~

~Stephanie~
            • 3,347 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 01:53 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by ebredhawk
              I confess that I was craving chocolate so bad last night that I stole candy out of my future step daughter's room.
              LOL, FI and I totally steel the kids Reece's Peanut Butter eggs all the time! He is worse than I am!
              ~Stephanie

Our wedding websitewww.mywedding.com/stephanieandmichaelbailey

#887 itsfinallyhere

itsfinallyhere
              • 573 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 06:24 AM

HAHA every halloween we tell our kids rent is due and they have to give half their candy to mom an dad ( all the good stuff CHOCOLATE!) Dems da breaks!

#888 Kat81

Kat81
                • VIP Member
                • 7,615 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 12:21 PM

I confess that I am craving Cottage Cheese with bananas YUCK! I normally HATE cottage cheese. Oh also, Dh and I always split fajitas. We love them but one order is always way too much for us individually. So, we usually order one and then order extra tortillas.

#889 BachataBride

BachataBride
                  • Banned
                  • 9,310 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 10:41 AM

Confession - I am starting to think about babies!!!! I know that we are not ready yet - and DH is DEFINITELY not ready yet! But I have started thinking about it a lot more lately...maybe it's just the next thing to think about now that the wedding is done! I guess I'll go get a hobby!! LOL

#890 ~Stephanie~

~Stephanie~
                    • 3,347 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 10:57 AM

Aww Amanda! Nothing wrong with thinking about babies! But if you're not ready yet then start remodeling the house or something!
                      ~Stephanie

Our wedding websitewww.mywedding.com/stephanieandmichaelbailey

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users