Confessions

• Please log in to reply
1908 replies to this topic

#1901 Branya2012

Branya2012
  • 200 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by cinnagirl 

I hate this too. A DW has it's own complications. While I don't have to deal with as much wedding detail work (I just send pictures and show up), I have to deal with way more family drama than I would have had for a local wedding. 

Well said! But people tend to be self-absorbed, so that's why they don't stop to think that complaining about the fact that we're having a DW makes it tough on us!!

~ December 5, 2012 ~

~ Las Caletas, Mexico ~

#1902 Jamielynn55

Jamielynn55
    • 183 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:26 AM

Omg this is the best thread ever!! I kinda feel bad reading them like I'm invading privacy I confess that I wish my fh would have waited to propose later so i could of had more time and money to have the best wedding i could dream of and spending way to much time planning this wedding and I feel like I should be paying more attention to my son

#1903 Aynat

Aynat
      • 199 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by JustNoelle 

I got one: 

I can not stand my future mother-in-law. She thinks she is better than everyone (especially ME) but all she is, is BOUGHETTO! 

I feel you on this one :/

#1904 Aynat

Aynat
        • 199 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by lucy<3woody 

I am happy that my dad is not coming.

My is not coming too! I am happy and pissed off at the same time!

#1905 Aynat

Aynat
          • 199 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by kat2012 

We met online too!

We met on online also!  I guess, its the new thing now days

#1906 Aynat

Aynat
            • 199 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 10:00 PM

Oh boy! that a good one. I would have someone else ask for you and then have them tell you.

Originally Posted by atalanta 

I confess. I can't remember if I asked one of my girlfriends to be my bridesmaid. If I haven't already, I'd rather not. But, how

#1907 Aynat

Aynat
              • 199 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 10:02 PM

my confesion is that I am totally freaking about about being married! I am excited, but freaking our about the whole forever thing! There I said it!

#1908 Lucy79

Lucy79
                • 176 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by Aynat 

We met on online also!  I guess, its the new thing now days

So did we! I am not sure why people are still embarrassed to admit that now a days.  I'm pretty sure that is how my sister and brother in law met an yet till this day they keep to their convoluted story about how they met through friends of friends.  what is the big deal? no one really cares!!! is that bad??? LOL!! I guess that's my confession.  i don't really care for my BIL and kind of hope he doesn't come.  

#1909 Lucy79

Lucy79
                  • 176 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by Pazzesca 

My confession may run a little long. I write like I speak which can end up very long winded.  Sorry in advance if you read it.  I won’t be offended if you skip it, lol!

I am the oldest of 5 and the middle child is the only boy.  My sisters and I were always very close.  When I was 21, I was awarded custody of my two youngest sisters and my sister after me helped me with the expenses of “raising” our two (at that time) high school aged sisters.  We all lived together in an apartment that I ended up shouldering a large chunk of the cost of aside from food, clothes, etc. expenses for the two youngest.  I worked two jobs, one full and one part-time, 7 days a week.

Because of our situation we had always been close and put each other first before friends.  When my sister after me got married, I threw her a bridal shower.  It was hard since she doesn’t like garlic and a lot of types of food and worked on weekends.  It ended up being a brunch.  I had to deal with her future MIL and SistersIL who wanted a lot of say but were putting in NO money whatsoever and didn’t even help with set up at the venue or anything.  Her future MIL even bought them a suitcase set after I told her I was going to buy them one!!

My two youngest sisters never made it to a single appointment to look at dresses.  In fact, one never showed up since she “over slept”.  Thank goodness my FMIL was there or I would have ended up there by myself feeling a like a looser. 

My married sister made it to a dress hunting appointment and was really nice about the whole thing which surprised me since she HATED shopping for her own dress.

I had a wine and cheese party because my sisters wanted to help me with my save the dates.  I wanted to just let them stuff the envelopes and enjoy each other’s company instead of doing any actual work.  My married sister and her husband came on time and were so helpful.  My two youngest sisters showed up over 3 hours late and didn’t even tell me they were going to be late.  They apparently were “running errands” before the party and “got stuck in traffic”.  They then left early so one of them could go to another party.  I was completely disappointed.

I asked my sister who is married about a bridal shower for me and she told me she didn’t think it would be appropriate since I was asking people to spend money on traveling to my wedding.

Again, I was greatly disappointed.  I feel like I’ve done so much for my sisters and I have never asked for anything in return.  However, I can’t help but feel like they are unappreciative of all I have done and continue to do for them and take me for granted.

I hate saying anything negative about them but this has really been bothering me. 

I am just going to keep in mind that I can’t lean on them for any sort of support during my wedding planning and I won’t be disappointed.  I guess I just wanted to get my feelings “out there”.

aaaww girl! :( i'm sorry you are not feeling the support, especially after everything that you have done for your family.  Hopefully they will come to their senses and step up to the plate for you.  The best thing is to not rely on them because if you do, you will be disappointed and upset during the whole planning of your wedding.  and you will end up missing out on happy moments and resenting them.  you can choose your friends but you can't choose your family.......best of luck and i hope it gets better for you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users