Confessions

ErinB

That is so cool you met him! I love his show!

I only have 49 days lefts and I kicked it into high gear about a week or so ago. Before that, I didn't feel like doing anything on my to-do list, but once I passed the 2 month mark I started to panic!

Confession: I am so stressed and worried about the wedding I cried when my horrible cake topper arrived the other day. My FI is saying that I am being to critical but it is a mess and so many things I asked for on it are wrong or not even on the topper and both the brideâ€s arms are cracked and the groom wasn't finished being painted! That was it and broke down. I had such high hopes for it and then I was so let down and I am afraid the exact same thing will happen with the wedding. I know I read past brideâ€s say that they worried for nothing and that they wish they didnâ€t worry so much but I donâ€t know how to do that!

Originally Posted by giraffexx View Post

It is David Tutera. The dress I bought was designed by him and he was at the store for a trunk show the day I went there. It was so much fun to meet him and he was really helpful with picking out my dress. 

You're definitely right about people showing there true colors. Better to find out now, I guess, then when you really need them.

WOO-HOO for being a November bride too :) I can't believe it is getting so close. I still have so much to do but no motivation. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A year and a half ago, I went to a Robin Thicke concert in Atlantic City. I noticed a crowd of people around this guy and I decided to join the crowd and get a picture with him too. I later found out it was David Tutera! He's super nice and I wish I knew who he was then b/c now that I am engaged, I watch is show all the time. He's one of my favorite guys.

Originally Posted by hat0112 View Post

Confession: I am so stressed and worried about the wedding I cried when my horrible cake topper arrived the other day. My FI is saying that I am being to critical but it is a mess and so many things I asked for on it are wrong or not even on the topper and both the brideâ€s arms are cracked and the groom wasn't finished being painted! That was it and broke down. I had such high hopes for it and then I was so let down and I am afraid the exact same thing will happen with the wedding. I know I read past brideâ€s say that they worried for nothing and that they wish they didnâ€t worry so much but I donâ€t know how to do that!

I totally understand about being upset about the cake topper! That really sucks that it was done poorly, but don't take it as a reflection of how your wedding is going to turn out. I know how stressful wedding planning is.. especially when it is getting down to the wire.. but your wedding is going to be beautiful.. you are going to be beautiful... just remember.. things are going to go wrong and that is ok.. just try to breathe and shake some of it off.. you only get this process once.. so try to enjoy what you can of it..

My confession:

I am so jealous of future BIL who decided to get engaged AFTER us and get married BEFORE us.

I am also fed up with another future BIL and his partner who have given future PIL their first grandchild and really take advantage of their kindness and generousity by dumping the baby with them at every opportunity!

That reading everyone's confessions is making me feel so super anxious, nervous and upset for anyone who is going through anything upsetting....I just want to scream and tell everyone to behave and as my granny would say "Act like you have some home training"... 

I'm way to emotional and sensitve lately and I want to cry about the simplest things (that time of month) which I'm usually way more even keeled. I don't like feeling like a cry baby...

Here's my confession...  I had Juvaderm injections in my lips yeserday.  I have always felt like my lips were very thing and am very pleased with the results.  I do have a little bruising (which is not uncommon) and some swelling from the manipulation of the filler in my lips.  I am taking pics every day and will post the before/after soon.

• 3 weeks later...

My confession may run a little long. I write like I speak which can end up very long winded.  Sorry in advance if you read it.  I wonâ€t be offended if you skip it, lol!

I am the oldest of 5 and the middle child is the only boy.  My sisters and I were always very close.  When I was 21, I was awarded custody of my two youngest sisters and my sister after me helped me with the expenses of “raising†our two (at that time) high school aged sisters.  We all lived together in an apartment that I ended up shouldering a large chunk of the cost of aside from food, clothes, etc. expenses for the two youngest.  I worked two jobs, one full and one part-time, 7 days a week.

Because of our situation we had always been close and put each other first before friends.  When my sister after me got married, I threw her a bridal shower.  It was hard since she doesnâ€t like garlic and a lot of types of food and worked on weekends.  It ended up being a brunch.  I had to deal with her future MIL and SistersIL who wanted a lot of say but were putting in NO money whatsoever and didnâ€t even help with set up at the venue or anything.  Her future MIL even bought them a suitcase set after I told her I was going to buy them one!!

My two youngest sisters never made it to a single appointment to look at dresses.  In fact, one never showed up since she “over sleptâ€.  Thank goodness my FMIL was there or I would have ended up there by myself feeling a like a looser. 

My married sister made it to a dress hunting appointment and was really nice about the whole thing which surprised me since she HATED shopping for her own dress.

I had a wine and cheese party because my sisters wanted to help me with my save the dates.  I wanted to just let them stuff the envelopes and enjoy each otherâ€s company instead of doing any actual work.  My married sister and her husband came on time and were so helpful.  My two youngest sisters showed up over 3 hours late and didnâ€t even tell me they were going to be late.  They apparently were “running errands†before the party and “got stuck in trafficâ€.  They then left early so one of them could go to another party.  I was completely disappointed.

I asked my sister who is married about a bridal shower for me and she told me she didnâ€t think it would be appropriate since I was asking people to spend money on traveling to my wedding.

Again, I was greatly disappointed.  I feel like Iâ€ve done so much for my sisters and I have never asked for anything in return.  However, I canâ€t help but feel like they are unappreciative of all I have done and continue to do for them and take me for granted.

I hate saying anything negative about them but this has really been bothering me. 

I am just going to keep in mind that I canâ€t lean on them for any sort of support during my wedding planning and I wonâ€t be disappointed.  I guess I just wanted to get my feelings “out thereâ€.