Photo

Confessions

• Please log in to reply
1908 replies to this topic

#1721 **Kat**

**Kat**
  • 2,682 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 10:52 AM

Good point Manders! I guess that was my issue there. Of course he isnt just going to think "Oh, she isnt feeling good. Maybe I should help out a little" lol I guess that is a lot to ask :)

#1722 BachataBride

BachataBride
    • Banned
    • 9,310 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 11:05 AM

Absolutely Kat. Totally your fault...seriously what were you thinking!? LOL

#1723 carolina24

carolina24
      • 1,573 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 04:01 PM

kat what i've learned through trial and error that works with my FI is my actions...if i ask him to do things or tell him how i'm feeling about stuff, he shuts me out, ie "nagging". if i SHOW him how i feel or what i need, he gets it. so in your case, i would've said "i have a headache", gotten MY stuff ready and left W/O taking the dogs out, making his lunch, etc. if you keep doing stuff like usual, he'll think you don't mind or that he's not doing anything wrong by not helping...

#1724 **Kat**

**Kat**
        • 2,682 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 04:44 PM

That isnt a bad idea.. I might try that.. though I have a feeling that it just wouldnt get done.. liiiiiiiiiiiiike the H U G E pile of laudry that is sitting on our guest bed.. he certianly didnt take THAT hint! LOL

#1725 barbiegirl_27

barbiegirl_27
          • 946 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 04:47 PM

guys don't take hints at all! they are just totally clueless! I can leave a huge pile of laundry on the couch of all places for days waiting for it to get done, and FI is home most days by noon....does he ever touch it?? NOPE! If I want it done I have to ask him to do it. He's admitted that he doesn't think I'm nagging, he just honestly doesn't think to do it. I would be worried too that if I just didn't do something and left for the day that some of the stuff, like taking the dogs out, wouldn't get done, and then you're just coming home to an even bigger mess!!

#1726 **Kat**

**Kat**
            • 2,682 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 04:56 PM

Exactly! LOL that is probably what would happen! He doesnt just.. do stuff..

MEN!

#1727 BachataBride

BachataBride
              • Banned
              • 9,310 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 08:09 AM

If laundry is an issue Kat - just start doing your own. Or if you had a problem like I did...he wouldn't put his clothes away after I washed, dried & folded it...just start throwing it in garbage bags & stuffing it in the back of the closet! He might get the hint then! Or just leave sticky notes on things that need to be done!

#1728 hat0112

hat0112
                • 1,219 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 08:47 AM

If I want my FI to do something for me I have to ask him directly and usually say why I need him to do it.

To get my FI to help with the laundry I "accidentally" washed too many clothes at once and put in a little too much soap so his dark clothes had soap streaks on them. I no longer to even bring up the laundry anymore, he just does it.
                  Wedding 10/22/10 Westin Aruba

I love being a Mrs.!

#1729 jk1101

jk1101
                  • 2,582 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by barbiegirl_27 

guys don't take hints at all! they are just totally clueless! I can leave a huge pile of laundry on the couch of all places for days waiting for it to get done, and FI is home most days by noon....does he ever touch it?? NOPE! If I want it done I have to ask him to do it. He's admitted that he doesn't think I'm nagging, he just honestly doesn't think to do it. I would be worried too that if I just didn't do something and left for the day that some of the stuff, like taking the dogs out, wouldn't get done, and then you're just coming home to an even bigger mess!!

OMG - that is so my DH - home by noon - laundry or dishes to be done - if I don't say "hey, would you mind emptying the dishwasher...." even though there are piles of dishes in the sink....he will not do them.

#1730 **Kat**

**Kat**
                    • 2,682 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 06:33 AM

Glad I am not the only one who has a husband that doesnt pay attention!! Kills me!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Yahoo (1)