Photo

Confessions

• Please log in to reply
1908 replies to this topic

#1681 Mkandola

Mkandola
  • 200 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 07:12 PM

This thread is hilarious ... If I think of a confession, I'll be sure to post!

#1682 barbiegirl_27

barbiegirl_27
    • 946 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 07:28 PM

I'm so angry I want to punch my friend in the face! She wrote me a couple days ago to tell me she didn't think she'd be able to make it to my wedding, and claimed costs to be the issue. I let her know that I was disappointed that this was the situation. She wrote me back a pretty harsh email stating....but in amongst the harshness was a whole pile of things that were going on that she had never bothered to tell me. She makes me so angry that she gets mad at me b/c I didn't know any of this!!! I'm not a mind reader! But if she'd actually explained to me in a nice manner what's been going on, I would have understood why she's not able to come! F***!!!

#1683 **Kat**

**Kat**
      • 2,682 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 12:43 PM

I know how you feel. I ran into these excuses a lot when we were leading up to our wedding. You find out a lot about people when you plan something like this. We had a lot of people that we would have NEVER thought would book.. and then some of the people that we thought wouldnt miss it had some LAME-O excuses. It is amazing.

#1684 angelov321

angelov321
        • 548 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 04:41 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by barbiegirl_27
          I'm so angry I want to punch my friend in the face! She wrote me a couple days ago to tell me she didn't think she'd be able to make it to my wedding, and claimed costs to be the issue. I let her know that I was disappointed that this was the situation. She wrote me back a pretty harsh email stating....but in amongst the harshness was a whole pile of things that were going on that she had never bothered to tell me. She makes me so angry that she gets mad at me b/c I didn't know any of this!!! I'm not a mind reader! But if she'd actually explained to me in a nice manner what's been going on, I would have understood why she's not able to come! F***!!!
          I completely undertsand!! I have a few people who are acting so lame when it comes to booking. Of course times are hard and not everyone has the money to just book a vacation within a few months. I get it. However, what people are forgetting is this is a wedding. We're not asking people to just go on vacay with us, we're asking family and close friends to witness one the biggest days of our lives.

Kat- its crazy how you REALLY see peoples true colors when you plan a DW. We were counting quite a few family members to definitely come and all of a sudden last minute, they cant come? Seriously? Then on the other hand, I have friends whom I havent seen or spoken to in awhile who are the first to book. Its really sad when you can depend on friends more than family.

#1685 miss_delerium

miss_delerium
          • 543 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 04:54 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by angelov321
            Its really sad when you can depend on friends more than family.
            Tell me about it! This has been the story of my engagement/wedding planning!!

#1686 cougs

cougs

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 12,151 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 05:42 PM

even sadder when you can depend on "internet friends" more than your real-life friends/family!!!

i confess that i thoroughly enjoyed reading all the b*tchy back and forth that occurred in a certain thread today! opinions are like a-holes ...

#1687 miss_delerium

miss_delerium
              • 543 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 05:49 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by cougs
                i confess that i thoroughly enjoyed reading all the b*tchy back and forth that occurred in a certain thread today! opinions are like a-holes ...
                That was scary! I was all "duck and cover!! duck and cover!!" lol.

I confess that I have been a horrible employee these last two weeks and have spent almost all my time at work on here or working on invites!

#1688 Monique

Monique
                • 415 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 05:59 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by miss_delerium
                  That was scary! I was all "duck and cover!! duck and cover!!" lol.

I confess that I have been a horrible employee these last two weeks and have spent almost all my time at work on here or working on invites!

Ditto...I try to limit how much time I spend on here....It's hard....My confession...I sneak and eat food/treats that i don't want to share in my car so our kids or FH can't ask me...then I feel slightly guilty!

#1689 wendyjd

wendyjd
                  • 968 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 06:20 PM

I confess that I'm scouring for a thread with lots of activity today, need to catch up.

#1690 jk1101

jk1101
                    • 2,582 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 06:36 PM

I confess that i have been totally slacking on the gym. It's just to freaking hot to leave the house once I get home and I just want to sit on the couch. If DH doesn't push me, I don't go.

BTW Kat I love your siggy pic!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users