Photo

Confessions

• Please log in to reply
1908 replies to this topic

#1491 **Kat**

**Kat**
  • 2,682 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 01:22 PM

I love this thread! I am going to have to go catch up on everything!!

#1492 KittenHeart

KittenHeart
    • 3,103 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 03:24 PM

LOVE your siggy picture Kathy!

#1493 **Kat**

**Kat**
      • 2,682 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 05:51 PM

Thanks so much! I was actually going to say the SAME thing about yours!!!

#1494 KittenHeart

KittenHeart
        • 3,103 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 06:19 PM

Awww Kat! How funny! :)

#1495 bigboponthebeach

bigboponthebeach
          • 456 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 01:08 AM

My confession.......

I don't like my engagement ring and it is not my style. I also don't have the heart to tell FI because he had it specially made. It is a great thought, but I DO NOT like it!!!! :-(

What a relief to finally say that.....I've been pretending since March!!!!

#1496 Tam

Tam
            • 551 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 10:06 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by bigboponthebeach
              My confession.......

I don't like my engagement ring and it is not my style. I also don't have the heart to tell FI because he had it specially made. It is a great thought, but I DO NOT like it!!!! :-(

I hear you on that, and I got to choose my ring. It just didn't turn out as I had thought it would... so I might make some changes to it later on.

I also confess that I did not enjoy my wedding experience. I want to do it all over again keeping it a destination wed. still but only have my immediate friends/family. There ended up being so much drama from certain people who came down and really ruined the night. That and I felt really sick all night so I didn't enjoy myself from that as well.

I hate most of our pictures too and how I look in them. I have said this to my DH and told him I want to do it again, just another symbolic/vow renewal, just a relaxed atmosphere where we can have fun. Maybe for our first anniversary??

#1497 angelov321

angelov321
              • 548 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 10:39 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by bigboponthebeach
                My confession.......

I feel the same way. Only I designed my ring, but he definitely missed a few details. Im thinking I might change a few things later on. Its been growing on me so I havent been thinking about it lately. Hes crazy about the ring so it makes me happy that hes so proud of it. :)

#1498 bigboponthebeach

bigboponthebeach
                • 456 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 01:14 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Tam
                  I hear you on that, and I got to choose my ring. It just didn't turn out as I had thought it would... so I might make some changes to it later on.

I also confess that I did not enjoy my wedding experience. I want to do it all over again keeping it a destination wed. still but only have my immediate friends/family. There ended up being so much drama from certain people who came down and really ruined the night. That and I felt really sick all night so I didn't enjoy myself from that as well.

I hate most of our pictures too and how I look in them. I have said this to my DH and told him I want to do it again, just another symbolic/vow renewal, just a relaxed atmosphere where we can have fun. Maybe for our first anniversary??
                  Tam, I am sorry that you really didn't enjoy your experience. I can only imagine how it feels to do all of that planning to only have it minimized by others actions and attendance. :-(
                  I feel the same way. Only I designed my ring, but he definitely missed a few details. Im thinking I might change a few things later on. Its been growing on me so I havent been thinking about it lately. Hes crazy about the ring so it makes me happy that hes so proud of it. :)
                  We looked at photos together and he took a combination of all of them and made one ring. He made it out of love and he is VERY proud of it! But in my opinion it is too busy and looks like a ghetto mess. Everytime someone compliments me on it, I feel embarrased and just kind of shy away from the topic. He is my best friend, I just can't figure out how to be honest enough with him enough to move on to another ring. He has a whole bunch of faith in his jeweler and I personally am not crazy about his work. I'm a simple girl and the ring is not a true reflection of my personality. I guess I'm just saying/venting all this to say.......I do not have the heart to be honest with my best friend to say I want a different ring.

#1499 *kellis*

*kellis*
                  • 330 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 09:22 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Tam

I think there are more women who are frustrated about their wedding experience then they want to admit. That's not how it's supposed to be, its supposed to be the happiest day of your life and if it's not then you don't feel right.
                    The other night I let myself feel sorry for myself for a little bit and feel that heartbreaking feeling that I had spent so much time on this wedding and I didn't enjoy it. After that I am still kind of bummed but I'm able to remember some of the good things and know that we have the rest of our lives together so we have plenty of time to have some other type of vow renewal/anniversary celebration that we can truly make about just me and him and whoever wants to come can but we won't stress or make it about anyone else than us. I've come to realize that our wedding just wasn't really our style. We're really more laid back and that's how the wedding started out but not what it became when we factored family politics into it.
                    http://davf.daisypath.com/Pw5um7.png
                    (Formerly "Future Mrs. Kt Ellis")

I love being a wife!

#1500 carolina24

carolina24
                    • 1,573 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 02:27 AM

i've been getting mostly "no's" on our RSVPs and i LOVE it!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users