Jump to content

Photo

Confessions


  • Please log in to reply
1908 replies to this topic

#1471 kerrij

kerrij
  • Jr. Member
  • 300 posts

    Posted 24 June 2010 - 10:00 AM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bsf&jpg
    I have a few...
    1) I dont LOVE my wedd dress. I got it because my family liked it, and it was sord of cheap. But whenever I watch "say yes to the dress" and the brides get all teary because ITS THE ONE, I get bummed out because mine isn't.
    2) the FSIL did NOT show up to my bridal shower and I bet its because she's jealous
    3) the FSIL is NOT going to the wedding either. And that hurts me because it hurts my FI
    4) some of my bestfriends wont go to the wedding because they were not responsible enough to save $75 a month for a couple of months. losers!
    My mom still to this day,and they've been married almost 40 years, will still say she didn't love her dress...she regrets not getting a dress she loved. if it's not to late...splurge and get yourself that dream dress!! you want to feel absolutely beautiful and you may not if yo udon't love your dress!

    #1472 kerrij

    kerrij
    • Jr. Member
    • 300 posts

      Posted 24 June 2010 - 10:05 AM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by khomac
      At least you got to enjoy your day. I was throwing up in the room during the dinner and reception. I missed everything except the 20 minute ceremony and pictures. So I know how you feel.

      I look at everyone's pictures of them toasting, cutting the cake, first dance, father daughter dance, partying on the beach with drinks in hand, sand between their toes, and palm trees in the background and I just cry.

      Weddings never go exactly as planned. Your friends definitely didn't desert you. They traveled to be there with you on your wedding day! I have 7 VERY close friends and only 1 came!

      What's done is done. I'll just have to plan an AHR (which I WASN'T going to do because I couldn't afford it) so that I can do it all over again!

      Kelly, the EXACT same thing happened with my brother at his DW in Dominican. He got food poisoning the night before. He spent the night in my room with me and woke up at 4am barfing all morning, he ended up getting an IV and was in the doc office at the resort until leaving for the ceremony with barf on his undershirt, not even being able to brush his teeth. the doc had to tie his tie. it was awful. he was literally green during the ceremony and went straight to bed after a couple of pictures. he missed the dinner, dance, everything. i spent the night with him and missed most of everythign too, but the bride drank her sorrows away and showed up at 1am back to their room. they were already planning an AHR which was sooooo great because then he got to experience everything and she got to have her groom with her.
      in a few years, it will be a good story to tell, especially if you have the AHR and get to do all the special stuff.
      sorry your day was spent in your room shitty, i know.

      #1473 angelov321

      angelov321
      • Member
      • 548 posts

        Posted 24 June 2010 - 10:17 AM

        My confession is:

        Bridezilla is so badly trying to come out of me, but Ive been biting my tongue so hard! I gave my bm's 3 weeks to put down a $56 deposit for their dresses. I sent them all an email and not one person responded. I told them $56 needed to be put down by this Friday and still no one has called or emailed, nothing. They dont even know where theyre putting the deposit down so you would think they would have been called to find out. I understand times are hard, but really? You cant save up $56 and even worse you cant call me to let me know? Not only that my MOH is telling me theyre not responding to her emails about planning my shower and bachelorette party. Seriously? Why did you say yes to being a bm if youre not concerned with my wedding? UGH!!! So frustrating!!

        #1474 Shoesiesluvr

        Shoesiesluvr
        • Sr. Member
        • 2,727 posts

          Posted 24 June 2010 - 10:54 AM

          Confession::
          One of my bridesmaids has put on some weight, shes a very petite girl and very thin body frame, so its not like shes overweight or anything, but she has put on about 10 lbs. && her BM dress fit her tight to begin with, so when she tried it on yesterday, it totally did not look good on her, i mean it fit but you could tell she stuffed herself in there...im really not trying to be mean or anything because shes a dear friend of mine and my fiances sister but shes admitted herself that now that she is out of work for the summer (she is a teacher) all she is going to do is bake and because of that gain weight....umm i dont think that should be your summer plans when its 3 months before our wedding and your dress barely zips up!!

          Oooh that felt good to actually type this down as I could not and wont say anything to her or to my Fiance...I wouldnt want someone to say that to me but then again i would bust my ass to fit into a dress knowing that pictures are going to be taken haha
          He's the Ying to my Yang...the Peanut Butter to my Jelly....the Oreo to my Milk...the Cheese on my Pizza...the i to my Phone...the Cream in my Coffee...the Jiggle to my Jell-O...the Star in my Sky...He's my BFF & I married him on 09.25.2010
          My Planning Thread

          #1475 **~Jenn~**

          **~Jenn~**
          • Sr. Member
          • 1,236 posts

            Posted 24 June 2010 - 02:01 PM

            Confession: I bought 2 soft pretzels for lunch, Planning on giving one to my mom (she works with me) since they were 2 for $1.00 and I ate them both lol
            Married @ Dreams Cancun 06/24/09
            My Wedding Reviewhttp://bestdestinati....24-09-a-45066/Pics By Juan Navarrohttp://www.facebook.....9&l=32db696cd3

            #1476 **~Jenn~**

            **~Jenn~**
            • Sr. Member
            • 1,236 posts

              Posted 24 June 2010 - 02:03 PM

              Cindy,
              I wouldn't worry about Your BM & if she gains weight. She will be the one who has to spend the money to get her Dress "let out" and in the end, All eyes will be on you girl!! LOL :)
              But Honestly, Everytime I was in a wedding, I was on Diet/workout mode and wanted to lose weight, because your right, your going to be in pictures that will be viewed by alot of people.
              Married @ Dreams Cancun 06/24/09
              My Wedding Reviewhttp://bestdestinati....24-09-a-45066/Pics By Juan Navarrohttp://www.facebook.....9&l=32db696cd3

              #1477 *Krista*

              *Krista*
              • Member
              • 819 posts

                Posted 24 June 2010 - 02:06 PM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Shoesiesluvr
                Confession::
                One of my bridesmaids has put on some weight, shes a very petite girl and very thin body frame, so its not like shes overweight or anything, but she has put on about 10 lbs. && her BM dress fit her tight to begin with, so when she tried it on yesterday, it totally did not look good on her, i mean it fit but you could tell she stuffed herself in there...im really not trying to be mean or anything because shes a dear friend of mine and my fiances sister but shes admitted herself that now that she is out of work for the summer (she is a teacher) all she is going to do is bake and because of that gain weight....umm i dont think that should be your summer plans when its 3 months before our wedding and your dress barely zips up!!

                Oooh that felt good to actually type this down as I could not and wont say anything to her or to my Fiance...I wouldnt want someone to say that to me but then again i would bust my ass to fit into a dress knowing that pictures are going to be taken haha
                Seriously? Isn't SHE concerned for how she will look? If it was me, I would want to look good in those pictures too. Not just for the bride, but for my own self-esteem. Jeesh! Will it be easy enough to alter/buy a new dress if she does gain more weight this summer?
                July 10, 2010 ~ This was the day I married my best friend, the one I laugh with, live for, and love... ~ Mrs. Allen

                #1478 Shoesiesluvr

                Shoesiesluvr
                • Sr. Member
                • 2,727 posts

                  Posted 24 June 2010 - 02:36 PM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by krista.baird
                  Seriously? Isn't SHE concerned for how she will look? If it was me, I would want to look good in those pictures too. Not just for the bride, but for my own self-esteem. Jeesh! Will it be easy enough to alter/buy a new dress if she does gain more weight this summer?
                  Krista I think it will extremely difficult to find a dress that will match the girls since we bought the dresses in Jan/Feb and they are from a reg store not like a wedding or dept store so we cant go online and order it off there...and i doubt that there is any way to alter it since theres hardly any extra fabric lol and the material of the dresses is kind of like sheen material and in a bright fuchsia color so it kind of shows all
                  Click the image to open in full size.
                  This is the closest i could find to the style of the dress just in a diff color ^^

                  and the material almost looks like this, the color is similar as well...
                  Click the image to open in full size.

                  Hopefully you guys can understand why im soo stressed about it...with the color and the material it would be very noticealbe...and ther reason we chose such a tight and bright dress is because the 3 of the BMs all have hott bodies and they look amazing in the dresses...AT THE TIME lol and now its like, lets add more stress haha
                  He's the Ying to my Yang...the Peanut Butter to my Jelly....the Oreo to my Milk...the Cheese on my Pizza...the i to my Phone...the Cream in my Coffee...the Jiggle to my Jell-O...the Star in my Sky...He's my BFF & I married him on 09.25.2010
                  My Planning Thread

                  #1479 **~Jenn~**

                  **~Jenn~**
                  • Sr. Member
                  • 1,236 posts

                    Posted 24 June 2010 - 04:29 PM

                    Girl you are going to be stressed with other details of this wedding, Please don't let her weight or her Rudness to you for that matter, be one of them :)
                    Your gonna look Beautiful!! :)
                    Married @ Dreams Cancun 06/24/09
                    My Wedding Reviewhttp://bestdestinati....24-09-a-45066/Pics By Juan Navarrohttp://www.facebook.....9&l=32db696cd3

                    #1480 hat0112

                    hat0112
                    • Sr. Member
                    • 1,219 posts

                      Posted 24 June 2010 - 04:38 PM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by **~Jenn~**
                      Confession: I bought 2 soft pretzels for lunch, Planning on giving one to my mom (she works with me) since they were 2 for $1.00 and I ate them both lol
                      I LOVE soft Philly pretzels!!! There are such a weakness of mine! I work in Center City and I see soft pretzels everywhere I go! If it wasn't for my BD session in 2 weeks I would probably run out and get one now!
                      Wedding 10/22/10 Westin Aruba

                      I love being a Mrs.!




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users