• Please log in to reply
1908 replies to this topic

#1231 Tam

• 551 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 06:51 PM

Thanks Nicole. Part of it is the planning aspect, the other is my FI. Has been very moody lately and is saying stupid comments all the time that are very immature and not even funny...(i like funny)...just making me second guess everything. Also feel like I need to walk on eggshells...not a good feeling and it's not right. Maybe this is more of a vent...?

But, I do confess that I can't really stand my FI's 9yr old daughter either!! She has this sense of self-entitlement/brattiness that drives me crazy...the FI doesn't realize how much she bugs me.. i guess that's pretty bad too.... ahhhhhhh!

#1232 YaelM

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 5,369 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 07:07 PM

Aww Tam Im sorry you feel this way. Ya walking on egg shelves is never good! Have you talked to FI about how you feel...or is that part of the problem? Sending good vibes ur way!

Meg - Ew that is really annoying about your FMIL. Id be super irked!

I confess Im already over my job...I havent even been here for a year

#1233 NaM

• 2,256 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 07:18 PM

I confess that I had a sex dream about my boss last night. Ew. And he was even older in the dream than he is in real life. I haven't been able to look him in the eye allll day.

#1234 KLC77

• 2,207 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 08:56 PM

Hey girls, just wanted to update you after my latest vents~ we got our house! Yay!

Our Awesome Wedding Pics: http://www.delsolpho...ings/kelly&ron/

#1235 kitten422

• 22 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 09:07 PM

Hahaha...I don't like my FI's parents either. They're tolerable but just so snooty.

#1236 jk1101

• 2,582 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 09:24 PM

I confess that while we were away and my girlfriend was stopping in to check in on the cats, I had her let them out of the basement and have the run of the house and then texted her when we were on our way home so she could put them back away and de-fur the couches before we got home....and my awesome FMIL totally knew as she came by a few times too but she loves her "grandkitties" and keeps the secret. FI has no clue! He also doesn't know she sneaks cigarettes with me (she is sneaking - I'm not). I'm very lucky with my FMIL!

#1237 khomac

• 380 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 09:54 PM

So many posts I want to comment on! jerseykitten LMAO!! Totally hilarious!!

Meg, I wonder if she is saying this because she THINKS you are sad about it? You know? Like trying to be on your side or something?

Tam - Communicate!!! You should never have to feel like you're walking on eggshells!! Be polite when you talk and never sound like you are attacking him or someone. Talk to him just as you would your closest girlfriend!

Nam - LMAO here too. I feel sorry for you lol

KLC77 - YAY!! what a relief!
                Kelly & Pablo

Michael and Phil Steingard are located in Ontario, but travel to Punta Cana quite often during the year. There is a good chance they will be down already during your wedding week, so this will cut travel costs

#1238 YaelM

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 5,369 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 10:20 PM

YAY Kelly congrats!!

#1239 1sunshine

• 95 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 10:45 PM

ok i have one confession to make.... Im soooo relief that my FI went back home, he was laid off from work he liven in san francisco ca n i live in palm springs ca, so he came to visit for a month he was at home while i went to work, i had no idea how needy he was or became cause was home alone, dont take me wrong of course i miss him but it is nice that im having a week off, before he comes back so i can go back to planning our wedding

#1240 Tam

• 551 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 01:42 PM

A big shout out to all you supportive ladies.... things are a bit better, but still need to voice my concerns to the FI. I am so glad that there is a "confession" spot as I haven't said anything to anyone about how I am feeling....

Yael, I almost bought the same dress as you and looking at it makes me think twice about the dress I did get... :S I'm sure it is fine, but just been a while since I've seen it...

1sunshine, I love it when my FI goes away for short times... reminds me of when I was single .... you can kinda reconnect with yourself it that makes sense..
                      and you get the bed to yourself!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users