Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
ErinB

Confessions

Recommended Posts

My parents can't afford to pay for both of them. Since they have 2 kids, at least if my sister could come, and my bro in law could stay home with the kids for a couple of days and not have to find someone to watch them or try to afford all 4 of them. Personally, I really want my sister there, but with the way my brother in law has been acting', I don't really care if he's there or not. He told my parents he doesn't approve of us getting married in Jamaica...so IMHO he doesn't have to come.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm glad to see I am not the only one out there with things they need to vent about. Sometimes I want to just elope and only have my sister, her boyfriend, my dad and FI's parents come. My mom doesn't seem to have much interest in my wedding and it makes me want to cry when I think about it. She said she is worried because my FI doesn't have a job right now (he was laid off Dec 08 and is still looking for a job) I told her I can't worry about things like that right now (I'm not sure how much longer my job will last either). I told her that is why I am planning a November 2010 WEDDING! 18 F*%(ING MONTHS AWAY! I am hoping and praying things will be better by then. I told her I'm, "29 right now and will be a few months from 30 when we actually get married". I wish my mom could be like the TV mom's who can't wait to talk "details" everytime I pick up the phone to call her...I can't stop picking up the phone to call her to tell her all the lil details each day....I am desperately trying to stop myself from calling her cause I can't stand the way it makes me feel when I call her.....well...I feel a lil better now...Sweet Dreams LADIES!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

whoops...I'm 28 now...will be 29 next year and turning 30 a few months after the wedding...ROFL....I'm tired.....and...pls excuse my ignorance...FI stands for fiance right....LMFAO! OH BOY!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseykitten View Post
My parents can't afford to pay for both of them. Since they have 2 kids, at least if my sister could come, and my bro in law could stay home with the kids for a couple of days and not have to find someone to watch them or try to afford all 4 of them. Personally, I really want my sister there, but with the way my brother in law has been acting', I don't really care if he's there or not. He told my parents he doesn't approve of us getting married in Jamaica...so IMHO he doesn't have to come.
I'm sorry but this just cracked me up, he doesn't "approve" of YOU getting married in Jamaica? Did your sister marry your father or something? How completely random. LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

im glad im not the only one with problems with relatives not going to our wedding... FI father told us he cant come because of 'health' reasons ... and i know he is lying.. he has never really been a great support for FI.. so i guess i should have seen it coming.. im glad that his mother and step father will be there though.. the only thing that kills my ass is that his step mother talks about them not being able to go to our wedding as though it was OUR fault!!! its so frustrating!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I must confess that I read all of the DIY posts, get awesome ideas, and then re-read them again and again, but never actually do anything. I'm such a procrastinator. LMAO

 

- Mary

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by uspoiledme View Post
I must confess that I read all of the DIY posts, get awesome ideas, and then re-read them again and again, but never actually do anything. I'm such a procrastinator. LMAO

- Mary
That is totally me!! Im all talk but not action LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by drtracy View Post
I'm sorry but this just cracked me up, he doesn't "approve" of YOU getting married in Jamaica? Did your sister marry your father or something? How completely random. LOL
Yes, he actually told my parents he doesn't approve of us getting married on an island. Nice right? I think part of this is because we got engaged rather quickly...after a month...but we did go to high school together and reconnected through Classmates.com...and we're 39 & 40, not 20 and it's really none of his business anyway....

But the update is that my sister called the travel agent and told her she is hoping to come and use the trip as an anniversary celebration (her anniversary is 3 days after my wedding)....and that she is trying to figure out what to do with her kids...the travel agent just told me that yesterday. I'm just keeping my mouth shut and my fingers crossed for now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseykitten View Post
Yes, he actually told my parents he doesn't approve of us getting married on an island. Nice right? I think part of this is because we got engaged rather quickly...after a month...but we did go to high school together and reconnected through Classmates.com...and we're 39 & 40, not 20 and it's really none of his business anyway....

But the update is that my sister called the travel agent and told her she is hoping to come and use the trip as an anniversary celebration (her anniversary is 3 days after my wedding)....and that she is trying to figure out what to do with her kids...the travel agent just told me that yesterday. I'm just keeping my mouth shut and my fingers crossed for now.
You had to get this update from your TA?? wtf.gif
Seriously...that's messed up!! Why is she not talking to YOU about it??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • I remember my honeymoon and my wife on the beach. We sing, dance, eat and have sex with the product đồ chơi tình dục cao cấp
      Maybe I will never forget
    • We are Clandestine Events, Wedding Planner & Events Agency located in Barcelona, Spain, one of the most beautyful, modern and cool cities in the world. We can help you to organize your destination wedding in Barcelona, doesn't matter where you come, and whats the style of your wedding. The team of Clandestine Events can design and plan each point of the wedding with the best providers. If you want more infromation contact with us ==> Wedding Destination Barcelona. Cheers!
    • Good afternoon, I wanted to inquire if anyone has or knows someone who got married at this resort. How was it? How are the coordinators? Packages that were chosen. Any help would be greatly appreciated.   Thanks.
    • Hi all! I know this is an old thread... but just in case there are other destination wedding brides out there with the same question, I thought I would answer! My guy and I live in Texas and just got our marriage license (yay!). We are getting married in Playa del Carmen, Mexico. The Dallas County clerk informed us that we can get our marriage license in Texas, bring it and a Texas-registered officiant to Mexico, have the ceremony in Mexico, then bring the marriage license back to Texas to file and it will be LEGAL in the US.  In  other words, we can legally get married in Mexico using our Texas marriage license and officiant (who is a family friend), then file the paperwork when we get home. Where it says 'county in which ceremony was performed' on the license, we just put in Playa del Carmen, Mexico and bam! Married :) I do not know if this is true for other states, but it is CONFIRMED for Texas! I suggest asking the clerk when you register for your marriage license. I am overjoyed that we can have a US-legal marriage in Mexico so our wedding date on our license will be the actual day! NO blood tests, or getting married before or after the trip required!  
    • Every Bride spends a lot of time researching and worrying about her perfect wedding dress. While many Indian brides choose the traditional red colour for their bridal gown, a few of them find some different colours to wear on their special day. Here is a description of how to choose an Indian wedding dress that suits your skin tone. 1) Fair complexion: You can choose any shade of blue or bright shades of pink and red. In the shades of blue- select scuba blue or royal blue. Among other colours this season, you can pick up your dress in tangerine.   2) Wheatish complexion Just select those colours which bring out the warmth in your complexion. Some of the best options for you are tangy orange, saffron yellow, vibrant shades of red, mint green and hot pink.   3) Dusky complexion: If you have an olive skin tone, then you can pull off any rich and dark colour quite well. So, the colours like classic blue, marsala, burnt orange and brick red are just perfect for you. Also the metallic silver, gold and bronze will even flatter your face pretty well
  • Topics

×