Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
ErinB

Confessions

Recommended Posts

Yamille, I'm with Erin ~ tell them you aren't happy, see if you can get a refund or at least partial. I'm so sorry that you aren't happy with them. Save up and do it for a 1 year (that's my plan if I don't gain too much after wedding weight!).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was one of the girls that went to the shoot with Yamille... and I feel the EXACT same way! I got all the proofs yesterday and am so disappointed. I'm mostly disappointed in myself for just jumping in and not researching the photographer at all! I also want to fork up some cash and get them redone. I know that FI would love any picture of my half naked, but I'm not happy with them, and that's important to me. The more I look at them the more and more I dislike them. I'll look at other photographers BD blogs or sites, and could just cry that I didn't use one of them... any of them instead. This SUCKS!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Casey and Yamille - Im so sorry the pics didn't turn out well - that is so disappointing! Dont be mad at yourselves! You both are BEAUTIFUL and i agree with Andrea and Tracy that you can always get them redone for your anniversary or if you can before the wedding. So sorry!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by yamille View Post
I confess- that I HATE my BD pics and am very sad. I jumped on the band wagon of a group shoot with a not so experienced photographer in my opinion. I only paid $250 with crappy hair and makeup included plus the rental of car cause it wasn't in the city. I am just super bummed because this was a big deal for me.

I have struggled with my self image and body issues my whole life and have come to a healthier place but seeing this horrible lighting, non artistic shots, and bad makeup (which i didn't correct becuase I didn't bring any of my own makeup!!) has thrown me for a loop. I feel horrible. I was hoping the experience would be liberating, fun and empowering and it wasn't. Now that I see the pics i am a bit depressed. They look trashy and not good. I am supposed to pick 30 that i like but can only find about 6.

I am considering forking out the dough for another shoot with a more experienced photographer -even though i don't have it at all- ugh..
thanks for letting me vent.

* I don't want to say who the photographer is becuase there are 2 other girls on here that did it with me. I will wait to chat with them first.
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Casey* View Post
I was one of the girls that went to the shoot with Yamille... and I feel the EXACT same way! I got all the proofs yesterday and am so disappointed. I'm mostly disappointed in myself for just jumping in and not researching the photographer at all! I also want to fork up some cash and get them redone. I know that FI would love any picture of my half naked, but I'm not happy with them, and that's important to me. The more I look at them the more and more I dislike them. I'll look at other photographers BD blogs or sites, and could just cry that I didn't use one of them... any of them instead. This SUCKS!!!

Oh girls, I'm so sorry this didn't turn out well for you. I definitely agree with pp that if its possible reshoot them with someone else. Look at the first shoot as a lesson, you probably learned a lot of what you like/ didn't like and can take that with you to a 2nd shoot. Also, you'll probably be more comfortable the 2nd time around because you kind of know what to expect. It really sucks when you are so excited for pictures and then they don't come out as you had hoped. sad.gif I wouldn't even pick the 30 pictures. I would probably tell the photographer that there aren't 30 you like and see what they.

Maybe, since both of you don't like your pics you can find a new photog that you both love and book a group shoot with them at a discount?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm so sorry to hear about the BD photo shoot girls, those pics are meant to empower you and instead they have left you feeling down. You are both gorgeous women, and I agree with the others who mentioned asking for a partial refund-- most of these photographers rely on good verbal marketing, and having TWO upset clients is something they will want to quiet quickly. I may even be as audacious as to request a full refund if you were that unhappy.

 

I'm so sorry it went so terribly, BD photos should be fun and fabulous, not dreadful and disappointing. I really recommend trying it again girls, the right photographer will make you feel comfortable and shoot your beauty far more effectively!smile03.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You ladies are amazing. Thanks for the advice- I also just want to say that Casey looked HOT at the shoot- and I don't know how the photog could have screwed it up but she did!

 

Thanks for all the kind words. I really needed it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by drtracy View Post
Now two of those friends are coming to our wedding with their wives, one's even a groomsmen. I'm not sure how I feel about it but since my FI knows and doesn't care it's cool but still a little funny to have someone I "KNOW" (ah-hem) as a GM.
Uh yeah. My confession, one of my GM's was really more of a Bridesman because he is my BFF. It was a sticky situation since. Me and GM work togther and went on a business trip and decided to spend a few days in Cabo as an add on, since our business was in LA. At the time we booked it, we were both single. We had shared a room before, no biggie. The last night of the trip some stuff happened (lol) and I had been with my now DH for a few weeks. But we werent exclusive yet or anything so I was like whatev. But I never told DH. He said he was okay with my friendship with him as long as nothing ever had happened, so I never mentioned it. Well a year down the road we broke up, and he wanted to get back together so I came clean so that he could make a decision knowing all factors. He was horrified, but now a year later, they are okay and he let me have him in the wedding. So alls well that ends well. Plus my GM is really handsome...blush2.gif but he is also my best friend now and all those experiences brought us as close as we are now. Nothing will ever happen between us again obviously, but I don't really regret anything since DH and I were not exclusive yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by yamille View Post
I confess- that I HATE my BD pics and am very sad. I jumped on the band wagon of a group shoot with a not so experienced photographer in my opinion. I only paid $250 with crappy hair and makeup included plus the rental of car cause it wasn't in the city. I am just super bummed because this was a big deal for me.

I have struggled with my self image and body issues my whole life and have come to a healthier place but seeing this horrible lighting, non artistic shots, and bad makeup (which i didn't correct becuase I didn't bring any of my own makeup!!) has thrown me for a loop. I feel horrible. I was hoping the experience would be liberating, fun and empowering and it wasn't. Now that I see the pics i am a bit depressed. They look trashy and not good. I am supposed to pick 30 that i like but can only find about 6.

I am considering forking out the dough for another shoot with a more experienced photographer -even though i don't have it at all- ugh..
thanks for letting me vent.

* I don't want to say who the photographer is becuase there are 2 other girls on here that did it with me. I will wait to chat with them first.
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Casey* View Post
I was one of the girls that went to the shoot with Yamille... and I feel the EXACT same way! I got all the proofs yesterday and am so disappointed. I'm mostly disappointed in myself for just jumping in and not researching the photographer at all! I also want to fork up some cash and get them redone. I know that FI would love any picture of my half naked, but I'm not happy with them, and that's important to me. The more I look at them the more and more I dislike them. I'll look at other photographers BD blogs or sites, and could just cry that I didn't use one of them... any of them instead. This SUCKS!!!
Oh no girls! I agree, if you are that unhappy with the pics you should maybe express your unhappiness with the photog. I am sure you wouldn't want to re-shoot with that photog being that you really are that unhappy with the first go round....but maybe you could get your money back or something?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yall are so sweet for all the kind words and advice! It makes me feel better to know that yall care. And Yamille, you looked amazing too! It was honestly not our fault. If all 3 of us weren't thrilled, then you know something was wrong with the photog.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess View Post
Uh yeah. My confession, one of my GM's was really more of a Bridesman because he is my BFF. It was a sticky situation since. Me and GM work togther and went on a business trip and decided to spend a few days in Cabo as an add on, since our business was in LA. At the time we booked it, we were both single. We had shared a room before, no biggie. The last night of the trip some stuff happened (lol) and I had been with my now DH for a few weeks. But we werent exclusive yet or anything so I was like whatev. But I never told DH. He said he was okay with my friendship with him as long as nothing ever had happened, so I never mentioned it. Well a year down the road we broke up, and he wanted to get back together so I came clean so that he could make a decision knowing all factors. He was horrified, but now a year later, they are okay and he let me have him in the wedding. So alls well that ends well. Plus my GM is really handsome...blush2.gif but he is also my best friend now and all those experiences brought us as close as we are now. Nothing will ever happen between us again obviously, but I don't really regret anything since DH and I were not exclusive yet.
Wow. Scandelous! lol.

That's great that DH knows everything, and you probably feel a GAZILLION times better knowing that he knows. I think it speaks volumes about your relationship! I'm glad it all worked out in the end. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • Are you looking for a guide where you’ll find many tips and steps to follow to make your wedding a success? We design a special for you, where you will find: Photography Tips To-Do List Check list How to choose the best dress? Memories and invitations And much more! Download it now for free from: http://emweddings.com/WeddingGuide/index.html     Don’t stress. Enjoy every moment, tomorrow will be your best memories. See you soon!
    • Another option is to find an app that allows for group talk. This Wedding Party App looks pretty neat. https://apracticalwedding.com/wedding-party-app/ 
    • Hi Everyone, So, I was cleaning out my closet and realized that I never sold off my extra wedding OOT bag stuff from our wonderful DW.   46 Daily Spanish for Dummies 30 Pool colored OOT fabric bags - approximately 13in x 13in. They lay flat.  I used them for our wedding and they were perfect for everything we needed to fit in each bag. There’s a slight shade variation in the group; I’m guessing some were cut from a different bolt of fabric.  They are also a little wrinkled from storage and will probably be wrinkled from shipping. I have three additional ones, but they somehow got something on them (likely toddler related). If needed, I can try to wash it out and send those as well. 
    • I’m getting married in six months to my foreign girlfriend. I was advised by a friend that one of the things I need to do before saying I do is to get a prenuptial agreement. Basically it’s supposed to protect my assets and properties in case my relationship with my future wife goes down the drain. I don’t know though if this is an acceptable practice when marrying Kiev ladies. I don’t want to do it if it would be insulting on her end. I need advice on this. Please help me.
    • So we are currently looking for an all inclusive resort for the wedding. We have 60 guests and found all the Dreams resorts as options and all of them gave us a quote and discounted price since it’s off season etc. Resorts in Punta Canta gave us a reasonable price, Dominicus gave us a really good deal then La Romana Resort and Spa gave us their regular price and so hard to negotiate. Will someone tell us how special is this resort that they won’t give us a good discount when all my guests are staying in their resort for 5-8 days. We are bringing $$$ in their resort and not give us a discount?  What is so special with this resort?  Can somebody recommend a beautiful resort? 
  • Topics

×