Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
ErinB

Confessions

Recommended Posts

Caroline, I know exactly how you feel!! None of my siblings (I have three of them) are coming to my wedding either, despite the fact that I constantly travel to see them, and have always lent them money and helped out in other ways. But when it comes time for MY turn to need something from them, they all turn their backs, and in fact gossip among themselves about how "selfish" and "outlandish" I am for wanting to get married somewhere other than my hometown (where I haven't lived for 15 years, and where almost all of my guests would have to travel to anyway!). I guess we just have to let it roll off our backs, and focus on how amazing our weddings are going to be, right? :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiebelle View Post
My confession is that I have come to detest my MIL! My FI has cancer and I have given up almost everything to be with him and take care of him...but she is still awful to me! The sad part is the whole family lets her behave like this! I however secretly cannot stand her! Also, we are just trying to get to the wedding date...and all she is doing is complaining about all the details and preaching about etiquette! I mean she should be happy we are getting there! Damn woman!!

voodoo.gif this is awful, but so funny this icon!
She will get over it! She just has to realize life isn't about her. I love that icon too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevsgirl View Post
I have a few:
1) I am embarassed by my dad's drinking and his behaviour. I always have been, but lately it's gotten bad or more noticeable again. FI and I were invited to his ex's house for a nice dinner (we call her my fake mom - she's wonderful and he still loves her) and he got really embarassing - saying really inappropriate things.

2) Despite trying to give FI's grandmother the benefit of the doubt, I now think she's a mean old bat.
I had a family bridal shower planned for last Saturday and she was supposed to drive down with 2 other people. A 3rd was meant to come along too and when the other two and grandmother found out about the 3rd woman, they decided they didn't want to go (spend 2 hrs in the car with this 3rd woman) so they decided not to come in the morning of the shower. So it was cancelled. The 3rd girl is deaf. How petty is that? Also, she's done other weird mean things. She was going t come to our wedding and then cancelled after FMIL and FFIL had paid for her room. They lost their deposit because of her. Etc.

3) I think my FSIL is very selfish and crazy overprotective about her kid. She uses her kid as an excuse to not do most things. Including going to our wedding.

4) A biggy:
Deep down I am angry with myself that I left the PhD program and Toronto after 5 years in a very unstable relationship with my ex fiance. And I am very jealous and hurt that he was seemingly unaffected and finished his PhD. frown.gif
I think you need to finish your PhD then! Usually guys do better when they throw themselves into something. That is probably what he did. Asshole!

Quote:
Originally Posted by caroline View Post
I confess to be really nosey... and am DYING to know why Dbld78 (who has a shit load of points) was 'banned?'

Confession #2. I confess to being really hacked of with the majority of my siblings, who are not going to make it to our wedding. I get that $$$ is tight but remember back when, when I didn't have a pot to piss in and yet made it to every one of their weddings... (internationally) That certain members holiday twice a year in Milan - but can't make it to their little sister's wedding?!
I confess to feelling that they all could give a shit...
Sometimes bans are just better left alone. It's always because someone broke the rules somehow. lol
My cousins didn't come to my wedding. I went to EVERY single one of theirs. They didn't even send a present! I traveled to Cali for every single damn one of them, which is more expensive then it would have been for them to fly to Cancun! Whatever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angela139 View Post
Caroline, I know exactly how you feel!! None of my siblings (I have three of them) are coming to my wedding either, despite the fact that I constantly travel to see them, and have always lent them money and helped out in other ways. But when it comes time for MY turn to need something from them, they all turn their backs, and in fact gossip among themselves about how "selfish" and "outlandish" I am for wanting to get married somewhere other than my hometown (where I haven't lived for 15 years, and where almost all of my guests would have to travel to anyway!). I guess we just have to let it roll off our backs, and focus on how amazing our weddings are going to be, right? :)
You know what? The people that don't go are the losers. Your guests are going to have SO much fun and never stop talking about it. Your siblings are going to feel like they missed one hell of a party!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat81 View Post
I think you need to finish your PhD then! Usually guys do better when they throw themselves into something. That is probably what he did. Asshole!
I don't know if I'll ever get back to it. I'm hapiper now anyway, so it was a good move for me to leave. It just makes me really mad that his work was so unaffected. JERK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat81 View Post
You know what? The people that don't go are the losers. Your guests are going to have SO much fun and never stop talking about it. Your siblings are going to feel like they missed one hell of a party!
Amen to that! I can't wait for my FSIL to feel totally pathetic and lonely when we're all down there and her DH is even there and she's at home, with shitty weather and snow and her daughter. I hope she feels really left out. HA!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevsgirl View Post
I don't know if I'll ever get back to it. I'm hapiper now anyway, so it was a good move for me to leave. It just makes me really mad that his work was so unaffected. JERK!



Amen to that! I can't wait for my FSIL to feel totally pathetic and lonely when we're all down there and her DH is even there and she's at home, with shitty weather and snow and her daughter. I hope she feels really left out. HA!
Holy Balls! I just realized how close your wedding is!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, I have another confession for today:

 

I think that my gym has brainwashed me into wanting to buy the Core Rhythms exercise dvd. The infomercial is always playing on one of the tvs when I go in to run on the treadmill. smile116.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat81 View Post
Holy Balls! I just realized how close your wedding is!![/QUOTE]

 

OMG Kat you crack me up! rofl.gif

 

I KNOW! I'm SERIOUSLY FREAKING OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!friday.gif

Dont freak out! Be excited! Do you need any help with any last minute stuff?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevsgirl View Post

Dont freak out! Be excited! Do you need any help with any last minute stuff?!

I think it's all under control... I'm concerned about stuff FI is supposed to do, but I'll nag him tomorrow. Til then, friday.gif

Thanks!

 

Sorry for the post hijack!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat81 View Post

I think it's all under control... I'm concerned about stuff FI is supposed to do, but I'll nag him tomorrow. Til then, friday.gif

Thanks!

 

Sorry for the post hijack!

Cool! Good luck! I can't wait to hear all about it...

OK folks back to your regularly scheduled program....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • Hi my husband and I are renewing our wedding vows at dreams Punta cana resort and spot QE hace the ultimate dream package but it's very simple the resort is charging a whole lot for decorations any one ever bought their own decorations to the resort they also charge to put your decorations up.
    • How to login Hotmail? Today I am going to show you how to login to any Hotmail account on Desktop and Mobile. If you have a Hotmail account but you don’t know how to sign in Hotmail, this post helps you login Hotmail easy way with pictures. If you don’t have Hotmail account, of course, let Sign up Hotmail. And now, Here is how to sign in Hotmail.
       
    • I and my partner are going to get married on August 12th. We met each other through a lesbian dating website. Both of us want that day to be a memorable day. We are in confused on which dress to wear for the wedding ceremony. Any suggestion on lesbian wedding dress? I prefer white, whereas my partner prefers of-white. Which one do you think will look good? Should we go for same dress or different one? Share your thoughts.
    • Choose the flower that is matching with the bride and gown dress.
    • Hotmail gmail login: How to change your gmail password and how to delete your Gmail account? GMAIL is the most popular emailing service, with almost had a billion people worldwide logging on every day to check their emails. Google has recently added a number of new updates to make it easier to secure your Gmail, as well as safely deleting your email account. How do you change your password or delete your hotmail account?
  • Topics

×