Sign in to follow this  
ErinB

Confessions

I'm so angry I want to punch my friend in the face! She wrote me a couple days ago to tell me she didn't think she'd be able to make it to my wedding, and claimed costs to be the issue. I let her know that I was disappointed that this was the situation. She wrote me back a pretty harsh email stating....but in amongst the harshness was a whole pile of things that were going on that she had never bothered to tell me. She makes me so angry that she gets mad at me b/c I didn't know any of this!!! I'm not a mind reader! But if she'd actually explained to me in a nice manner what's been going on, I would have understood why she's not able to come! F***!!!

I know how you feel. I ran into these excuses a lot when we were leading up to our wedding. You find out a lot about people when you plan something like this. We had a lot of people that we would have NEVER thought would book.. and then some of the people that we thought wouldnt miss it had some LAME-O excuses. It is amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbiegirl_27 View Post
I'm so angry I want to punch my friend in the face! She wrote me a couple days ago to tell me she didn't think she'd be able to make it to my wedding, and claimed costs to be the issue. I let her know that I was disappointed that this was the situation. She wrote me back a pretty harsh email stating....but in amongst the harshness was a whole pile of things that were going on that she had never bothered to tell me. She makes me so angry that she gets mad at me b/c I didn't know any of this!!! I'm not a mind reader! But if she'd actually explained to me in a nice manner what's been going on, I would have understood why she's not able to come! F***!!!
I completely undertsand!! I have a few people who are acting so lame when it comes to booking. Of course times are hard and not everyone has the money to just book a vacation within a few months. I get it. However, what people are forgetting is this is a wedding. We're not asking people to just go on vacay with us, we're asking family and close friends to witness one the biggest days of our lives.

Kat- its crazy how you REALLY see peoples true colors when you plan a DW. We were counting quite a few family members to definitely come and all of a sudden last minute, they cant come? Seriously? Then on the other hand, I have friends whom I havent seen or spoken to in awhile who are the first to book. Its really sad when you can depend on friends more than family.

even sadder when you can depend on "internet friends" more than your real-life friends/family!!!

i confess that i thoroughly enjoyed reading all the b*tchy back and forth that occurred in a certain thread today! opinions are like a-holes ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougs View Post
i confess that i thoroughly enjoyed reading all the b*tchy back and forth that occurred in a certain thread today! opinions are like a-holes ...
That was scary! I was all "duck and cover!! duck and cover!!" lol.

I confess that I have been a horrible employee these last two weeks and have spent almost all my time at work on here or working on invites!

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_delerium View Post
That was scary! I was all "duck and cover!! duck and cover!!" lol.

I confess that I have been a horrible employee these last two weeks and have spent almost all my time at work on here or working on invites!

Ditto...I try to limit how much time I spend on here....It's hard....My confession...I sneak and eat food/treats that i don't want to share in my car so our kids or FH can't ask me...then I feel slightly guilty!

I confess that i have been totally slacking on the gym. It's just to freaking hot to leave the house once I get home and I just want to sit on the couch. If DH doesn't push me, I don't go.

BTW Kat I love your siggy pic!