Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
ErinB

Confessions

Recommended Posts

I'm so angry I want to punch my friend in the face! She wrote me a couple days ago to tell me she didn't think she'd be able to make it to my wedding, and claimed costs to be the issue. I let her know that I was disappointed that this was the situation. She wrote me back a pretty harsh email stating....but in amongst the harshness was a whole pile of things that were going on that she had never bothered to tell me. She makes me so angry that she gets mad at me b/c I didn't know any of this!!! I'm not a mind reader! But if she'd actually explained to me in a nice manner what's been going on, I would have understood why she's not able to come! F***!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know how you feel. I ran into these excuses a lot when we were leading up to our wedding. You find out a lot about people when you plan something like this. We had a lot of people that we would have NEVER thought would book.. and then some of the people that we thought wouldnt miss it had some LAME-O excuses. It is amazing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by barbiegirl_27 View Post
I'm so angry I want to punch my friend in the face! She wrote me a couple days ago to tell me she didn't think she'd be able to make it to my wedding, and claimed costs to be the issue. I let her know that I was disappointed that this was the situation. She wrote me back a pretty harsh email stating....but in amongst the harshness was a whole pile of things that were going on that she had never bothered to tell me. She makes me so angry that she gets mad at me b/c I didn't know any of this!!! I'm not a mind reader! But if she'd actually explained to me in a nice manner what's been going on, I would have understood why she's not able to come! F***!!!
I completely undertsand!! I have a few people who are acting so lame when it comes to booking. Of course times are hard and not everyone has the money to just book a vacation within a few months. I get it. However, what people are forgetting is this is a wedding. We're not asking people to just go on vacay with us, we're asking family and close friends to witness one the biggest days of our lives.

Kat- its crazy how you REALLY see peoples true colors when you plan a DW. We were counting quite a few family members to definitely come and all of a sudden last minute, they cant come? Seriously? Then on the other hand, I have friends whom I havent seen or spoken to in awhile who are the first to book. Its really sad when you can depend on friends more than family.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

even sadder when you can depend on "internet friends" more than your real-life friends/family!!!

 

i confess that i thoroughly enjoyed reading all the b*tchy back and forth that occurred in a certain thread today! opinions are like a-holes ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by cougs View Post
i confess that i thoroughly enjoyed reading all the b*tchy back and forth that occurred in a certain thread today! opinions are like a-holes ...
That was scary! I was all "duck and cover!! duck and cover!!" lol.

I confess that I have been a horrible employee these last two weeks and have spent almost all my time at work on here or working on invites!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_delerium View Post
That was scary! I was all "duck and cover!! duck and cover!!" lol.

I confess that I have been a horrible employee these last two weeks and have spent almost all my time at work on here or working on invites!

Ditto...I try to limit how much time I spend on here....It's hard....My confession...I sneak and eat food/treats that i don't want to share in my car so our kids or FH can't ask me...then I feel slightly guilty!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I confess that i have been totally slacking on the gym. It's just to freaking hot to leave the house once I get home and I just want to sit on the couch. If DH doesn't push me, I don't go.

 

BTW Kat I love your siggy pic!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • Peach looks better on tan skin. Red is a nice contrast against fair skin. 
    • How about installing a home web cam? And hire a house sitter to check up every week?
    • You can hire a graphic designer on Fiverr to create the wedding cards then just print them yourself. Another option so you can save money is to create the card how you want it on Canva and have them printed at a printing shop.
    • My wedding is coming soon, and I would like to know where I can find best wedding cards at affordable prices. I only find one store known as Lavenderpaperie.com where the cards are lovely and unique, But I want to know the other option name so that I can choose best wedding card. Please, if you have any suggestion on where to go, let me know. Thanks & Regards,
      Cadlen Leroy
       
    • Hi Brides! I have a Wally Bag - 66" available - $90 + shipping (US only) The wally bag typically sells for $120-$180. I used this gown bag once to transport my dress from MN to Mexico for our wedding - IT WAS PERFECT!   I was actually able to pack 4 additional maxi dresses, and my husband's wedding attire, plus a few pairs of shoes and some jewelry. I packed the dress the night before we left, and just moments before we left, I zipped the bag and folded it - ready for travel. It comes up with a nice over-the-shoulder strap, making it really easy to carry through the airports. No issues on Delta with the bag as my carry-on - I chose to put in the overhead bin, but the flight attendant did offer to hang it in the closet for me. Once we got to the resort, about 10 hours after I first folded the bag, I unpacked the bag and my dress was perfect - no wrinkles! My dress was mostly lace and had a bit of a train, but it arrived perfectly!  Honestly, this is the best way to travel with your dress! 
  • Topics

×