Confessions

ErinB

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jena0609 View Post
Right now I don't have a confession. But I wanted to let you know that if you are getting and Alt Cert in SPED then you are good to go. I live in Las Cruces and they are hurting for SPED teachers...I can imagine that it is worse in Albq. I am sure that you will find something.
thanks for the reassurance. I am getting my cert at cnm, so I should be done quickly. I hope to get a job on an intern lic. this fall. I thought i was the only new mexico bride on here! As for your friends, I assume you guys are going to el paso? Just tell them to screw off. If the can't make the time to come than you don't want them there anyway. I am so corny and always say every party loves a pooper and thats why we invited you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWandMJ View Post
I confess that I'm procrastinating on writing my wedding review because I have some bitter feelings about our big day.
I know what you mean Marie! I got married in January & STILL haven't written anything! It has nothing to do with the resort. The weather sucked...my pics are terrible...and overall I didn't have a great vacation. Poor DH is getting so frustrated with me - everytime the wedding or pics are mentioned I bitch about it. I don't know how many times I've just sat & cried over it. He's starting to think I'm crazy!!

By the way...I apologize to all my girls for still not having my review done!! blush2.gif

Amanda ^^^ what would have made your pics better?? the ones you have posted for your siggy look good... Im only asking because i have been pushing my fam to agree with me that pro pics are neccessary.. ( we already booked them so it doesnt matter what they think)

confession- my parents dont know yet that we booked photogs.. im scared to tell them because they will think im stupid because they think that its not important (photography) but i see it otherwise and booked them anyway... my parents are paying for the whole wedding but not the photogs.. lol

We had Claudia. She was very organized when it came to the things we discussed and gave me everything I asked for, I just wished that she had more of a presence on the big day. I've spent the last few hours typing up my review, now I'm just battling with getting the picture to post properly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jax_the_beach_bride View Post
Amanda ^^^ what would have made your pics better?? the ones you have posted for your siggy look good... Im only asking because i have been pushing my fam to agree with me that pro pics are neccessary.. ( we already booked them so it doesnt matter what they think)

confession- my parents dont know yet that we booked photogs.. im scared to tell them because they will think im stupid because they think that its not important (photography) but i see it otherwise and booked them anyway... my parents are paying for the whole wedding but not the photogs.. lol
OMG Jax...you did the right thing booking a pro!
We had DHs uncle...he has a great camera, but I should have known. He's a pretty boring monotonous person, so I should have realized he would not be a creative photographer. The weather was crap too, which I think hindered our photography...we didn't go to the beach, or the clifftop like planned. The time that we would have spent on photography in between the ceremony & dinner was spent hanging out at the bar.
I did get a few good pics out of it....but overall it was just a huge disappointment.

aww.. thats the thing with using family is that you really cant complain and demand things because someone will say something and it will cause problems... my mom suggested we just rely on the guest's pics but COME ON.. no one is going to want to dedicate their day to taking the kind of pics that i want!!... lol im still chicken to say i spent that kind of money on photogs even though it was a steal and worth it to me.. (all together for two FULL days of photography and all the rights to images.. its costing 1500$ thats incl their trips for two photogs)

Amanda and Marie! Come on ladies we are dying for those reviews! Our lives depend on them! wink.gif (was that enough of a push?)

Amanda- Are you still going to do a photo shoot in Mexico next year to make up for it? I hadn't heard anything new on that for awhile. I hope that is still the plan, you deserve it! :)

Jax- Amanda is right! Do not regret it, you are doing the right thing! Photography is the most important thing to me! I'm planning to spend the most money on that and everyone thinks I'm crazy but I don't care! It's my day! Just like its you day and you deserve to have the memories from it! Don't let them get to you! Would they not expect you to get a photographer if you were married at home?

good question... i dont know .. my instincts say that they wouldnt think to get one period... i guess its because my mom and dad think that its about getting married and reality.. not the photos or the details... but we see it differently.. I dont want to be disappointed with my photos because that is all that I am going to have at the end of the day.. and i want them to be brilliant! Im not regretful for getting them at all.. im just afraid to see what their reaction is going to be... the other thing is, both FI and I are just finishing up university so we dont have alot of money.. and to afford the photogs we maxed our credit cards LOL.. BUT a year from now that financial tension will be history and we will have those photos to look back on and remember that AMAZING time we had with all of our friends and family!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jax_the_beach_bride View Post
aww.. thats the thing with using family is that you really cant complain and demand things because someone will say something and it will cause problems... my mom suggested we just rely on the guest's pics but COME ON.. no one is going to want to dedicate their day to taking the kind of pics that i want!!... lol im still chicken to say i spent that kind of money on photogs even though it was a steal and worth it to me.. (all together for two FULL days of photography and all the rights to images.. its costing 1500$ thats incl their trips for two photogs)
That is a fantastic price...I could have gotten the same price for 2 photographers and passed! Probably the BIGGEST regret of my life.
And it's not that I was afraid to tell him what pics I wanted - I provided a list for him. But he did what was on the list & that's about it. And there were no real creative/candid shots. And if they were candid they were not great shots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Stephanie~ View Post
Amanda and Marie! Come on ladies we are dying for those reviews! Our lives depend on them! wink.gif (was that enough of a push?)

Amanda- Are you still going to do a photo shoot in Mexico next year to make up for it? I hadn't heard anything new on that for awhile. I hope that is still the plan, you deserve it! :)
I know, I know...I'm terrible. I'm not a great writer...I have trouble putting thoughts into words...and not rambling & trying to be fluid. Plus the crappy way I feel about it. It just makes it really hard!
I'm still hoping that we're going to do the shoot in Mexico...but DH is not all cracked up over it. We'll see when the time gets a bit closer. I'm just getting tired of focusing on it - I just kind of want to forget all about it. I dunno - it sucks sometimes!!