Confessions

ErinB

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseykitten View Post
Yes, he actually told my parents he doesn't approve of us getting married on an island. Nice right? I think part of this is because we got engaged rather quickly...after a month...but we did go to high school together and reconnected through Classmates.com...and we're 39 & 40, not 20 and it's really none of his business anyway....

But the update is that my sister called the travel agent and told her she is hoping to come and use the trip as an anniversary celebration (her anniversary is 3 days after my wedding)....and that she is trying to figure out what to do with her kids...the travel agent just told me that yesterday. I'm just keeping my mouth shut and my fingers crossed for now.
You young crazy kids! Don't you know better? LOL That's pretty funny. A month is quick but it's not like you just met or anything.

Oh well, at least she's thinking about coming anyway. Good luck!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlogan00 View Post
Confession: I originally planned to have a DW at an adult only resort but, he wants his children to be present!!
I'm right there with you girl! I'm secretly hoping the kids mother won't let them go. We booked their trip but put insurance on because we know there's a good possibility it's going to be a HUGE deal when she finally finds out. My FI hasn't told his ex that we're engaged or getting married because it will only cause problems. He says why have to deal with her crap for a year if I can only have to deal with it for a couple months. I understand his thinking because for the last 4 years she's been nothing but trouble.

Is there a possibility that even if you don't do it at an adults only and plan on bringing the kids that they won't get to go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcram View Post
I'm right there with you girl! I'm secretly hoping the kids mother won't let them go. We booked their trip but put insurance on because we know there's a good possibility it's going to be a HUGE deal when she finally finds out. My FI hasn't told his ex that we're engaged or getting married because it will only cause problems. He says why have to deal with her crap for a year if I can only have to deal with it for a couple months. I understand his thinking because for the last 4 years she's been nothing but trouble.

Is there a possibility that even if you don't do it at an adults only and plan on bringing the kids that they won't get to go?

No, they will definitely get to go because he has custody of them. I just don't want him to get too involved with the children during that time when we are entertaining the guest and before the ceremony.

I completely understand! It's going to be hard for him to "split" his time. And really it's your wedding and honeymoon time so you shouldn't feel like you have to share:) Are you going to at least be able to have them stay with someone else so you just have your room to you and your FI? My FI's kids will be staying with his mom or sister which they will love so it all works out if they do come along but I know his time will have to be shared and I want to be selfish during this time!

I just thought I would add my two cents in on the topic of having yours or your FIs kids (i am not directing this to anyone specific) at the wedding. If you are going to bring them but are not too keen on spending the whole week with them, make sure whoever it is that you would like to watch them for the week knows about it before hand and isnt forced into feeling like they have to watch the kids. I know personally for my dad and stepmoms wedding, they brought my little step-siblings and it was just dropped on myself and my brother to watch them and pretty much expected. No one ever asked if we wanted to watch them the entire week and while I didnt mind, there were days that I too like the bride and groom wanted my own adult-time and didnt want to feel like I had to watch the kids. I also found it very upsetting to just wake up in the morning on the vacation and my dad and stepmom had already taken off for the day and left the kids with me to feed and entertain without having the courtesy to ask if it was ok with me. It gave me a very bitter feeling towards my dad at the end of the trip.

Ok so I guess that turned into a vent lol, but just please dont make anyone feel pressured into watching your kids while on vacation for your wedding.

Okay, I have to get this out... I am so thankful I have this forum or I would explode right now!! I can't tell anyone this because it involved my entire BP and FI which basically encompasses all my best friends!

I know when my 'surprise' bridal shower is... I feel so bad that I know because everyone (including FI) seems to be so proud of themselves for keeping this a secret from me; especially since I have said many, many times that I did not want/need a bridal shower because everyone is already spending so much $$ to come to the wedding. I wish I could just forget that I know; but I can't. Now I am all worried about how I am going to act surprised!!! They deserve the genuine reaction that they are expecting. ARG censored.gif!!!

Btw, it is this Saturday (April 25th)...

Phew, now I feel better (kinda). It helps just to get that out.

CONFESSION: I am so over stupid people...

Okay I might be a little bridezillay and over dramatic but seriously people are dumb.

Background:

So FI's mom calls me 2 weekends ago and says that one of thier firends was overcharged from the TA. I email the TA and ask if they have heard from so and so. She says they have no record of it. I email so and so and they say oh not that was the price I was quoted from TA's assitant. Basically so and so emailed TA's assitant did not mention our wedding and was quoted a different rate since he did not mention our wedding and did not recieve a quote for the room rate. **NOTE this is now 10 days after the deadline. TA agrees to offer them the lowest rate if they can book today.

FI's dad calls and tells me the room rates are better on Orbitz. I call so and so and tell him he can book with TA today for the lower rate but checking orbitz vacation packages he may be able to get a better deal there.

So today FI picks up his mom from the airport and she says" so and so had an awful experience with TA and ended up having to book on Orbitz"!!!!!!!!!!!!1

WTF.. what is wrong with people that she got such a DISTORTED version of what actually happened.

SEE PEOPLE ARE DUMB :)

Okay, thanks for the rant. I am not trying be crazy, but really, come on dont complain about things when you own stupidity causes it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsetbride1 View Post
Okay, I have to get this out... I am so thankful I have this forum or I would explode right now!! I can't tell anyone this because it involved my entire BP and FI which basically encompasses all my best friends!

I know when my 'surprise' bridal shower is... I feel so bad that I know because everyone (including FI) seems to be so proud of themselves for keeping this a secret from me; especially since I have said many, many times that I did not want/need a bridal shower because everyone is already spending so much $$ to come to the wedding. I wish I could just forget that I know; but I can't. Now I am all worried about how I am going to act surprised!!! They deserve the genuine reaction that they are expecting. ARG censored.gif!!!

Btw, it is this Saturday (April 25th)...

Phew, now I feel better (kinda). It helps just to get that out.
LOL, the question is... How did you find out!?

Start practicing your fake surprise look! I always find out too!