Confessions

ErinB

Andi- Did I ever tell you my groomsmen didn't book until the day before DH and I left? People are freakin' idiots.

Marie- I know what you mean about the posts that repeat themselves constantly. It makes it harder for people to navigate the site. Thank goodness our Mods do such a good job cleaning up.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I confess that I've had this week off from school (but I have picked up extra hours at work) and I haven't done any of the homework I had hoped to accomplish, such as the 2 papers that are due shortly, the two exams I have next week, oh and getting ready for seeing my first real patient! Who knew going to school for dental hygiene would be so hard and time consuming!

okay.....back to writing one of my two papers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andi View Post
Ok, I am pretty sure this is already in this thread somewhere wink.gif but i just need to vent!

I confess that my unbooked, haven't RSVP'd guests are driving me INSANE! I am about ready to pull all reference to hotels and airfare off of our wedding website! girl_werewolf.gif

I am irked because I sent my STD's out 10 months before the wedding and the invitations 6 months before!!!!!!!!! the RSVP date on the invitations was for January 15th...this week alone we have had 4 people come to us and tell us that they now want to go and want to book!!!! (mind you these are people that have NEVER told us previously that they wanted to come!)

I thought that there would be a few RSVP stragglers but SERIOUSLY they are now OVER a month past due!!!!!!!!!! UGH!
Andi! I totally agree.. my RSVP date has come and gone and still only HALF of my guests have RSVP'd!! This is driving me crazy.. I mean we sent out our STD over a year ago and sent out our invites about 3-4 months ago.
Also, I have 9 rooms booked through my TA and we need one more room to get the Free Cocktail party. FI's aunt, who is in the wedding party, has said that she is going to booked so we can get it. Well, she has called the TA and that's about it!! Her flights are booked.. so what's so hard about booking the room?!?! I have asked her like 3 times now.. it's really starting to tick me off.
Ugh, does no one have any respect for the wedding couple trying to plan their wedding?!?

I am bummed about our wedding pictures sad.gif It wasn't in the budget to hire a photographer outside of what came with our ceremony package. Our pics came yesterday and they are just okay. Maybe one or two keepers and that's really it. Plus it POURED rain on our wedding day, was windy, cloudy, and the lighting sucks. Everything looks gray and blah. We had to get back to the ship and were super rushed because of a missing minister situation that made everything happen late. I so wish we would have figured out a way to hire a photographer to come along with us.

Aw Andrea! I know exactly how you feel.

I confess that I love my dog, but am wondering if it was best get a puppy. I feel like we should have gotten an older dog. She has eaten every piece of furniture we own! Thank goodness the bed is iron! I've tried every spray on the market and have baby gates to every room in the house.

I don't know if this will help Erin but I have heard that if you can get horse hoof clippings for her to chew on she won't chew the furniture. Just an old wives tale. But if they are easy to get it's worth a shot.

Andrea- That really sucks. I hope the couple you like are super good for you :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess View Post
Marie- I am not sure who you mean, but this thread and the venting thread are meant to be safe outlets for people to vent on wedding frustrations. I found planning the wedding to be difficult, and without this board, I would have been totally alone. And venting here was great because other people in the same boat would be there to support things that those not having a DW wouldnt understand.

As far as the search functionality, I agree people shouldn't keep posting, but seaching threads is ridiculously hard. If you dont get the results you want you have to wait, and with common words like Wedding Coordinator, or Wedding Programs, you won't get concise results. I would rather us not get mad at Newbies, and just try to help them. If you are better at a search, post the link and tell them what you searched on.
On the contrary, if you look at the start of this thread or any recent post for that matter, you willl see that this thread was to confess essentially anything and everything, thus not requiring it to be wedding-related at all.

Nevertheless, I do apologize if you or anyone else took offense to my post. Like others, including the Mods, have stressed it is imperative to perform a search function prior to posting a new thread to keep the forum clean and organized ~ that's just a matter of forum etiquette. Believe me, I understand that the search function can be quite intricate, I too sometimes struggle with it. rolleyes.gif But as of late, there have been numerous threads that are repetitive in nature/topic that have been addressed almost ad nauseum. And as you kindly suggested, I have and will continue to direct those members to the area where they can find their answers.

You certainly need not emphasize to me the value of this forum ~ I have continued to rave about it being a source of great inspiration and guidance throughout the planning process, almost to the point where my family and friends think I'm kinda nuts, lol cheesy.gif So yes, this forum is a huge blessing, and I know I'd be a total basketcase without it!!! msnwink.gif

So again, sorry to the Newbs if you were offended, I know it can be tough being a rookie ~ and like I said when I posted my original rant, PMS and work may have gotten the best of me at that moment. Nevertheless, it's all good punk.gif

Andrea ~ awww sorry to hear your bummed about your pro-pics sad.gif Have you seen the pics taken by family and friends? Sometimes, our loved ones will surprise us in having taken some gems that have truly captured the meaningful moments. I remember for my cousin's wedding, the pics he loved the most were the ones taken by my brother!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarieSam View Post
Andrea ~ awww sorry to hear your bummed about your pro-pics sad.gif Have you seen the pics taken by family and friends? Sometimes, our loved ones will surprise us in having taken some gems that have truly captured the meaningful moments. I remember for my cousin's wedding, the pics he loved the most were the ones taken by my brother!
Thanks for your support wink.gif. We do have a friend who took some good pics and we will cherish those for sure!