Confessions

ErinB

I woke up needing to confess! I am seriously annoyed with my FI. We are renting a house with his 25 year old brother who JUST moved out of his mom's house for the first time when he moved in with us last March. So our lease is up, and last night I told FI I wanted to discuss our living situation. He says we should give his brother at least another year of living with us, because asking him to move out sooner would cause him too much stress. I told him I would really like it if we could start our married life out WITHOUT his brother, since I'm honestly tired of cleaning up after him (among other things). I said maybe we could comprimise and just ask for a 9 month lease so we could at least have our own place for our first holidays together.

So FI says "I'm going to have to ask my mom what she thinks!"

What!? Seriously?! You have to ask your mom what she thinks about where I should live? He said this is because maybe she'll have an idea about where his brother can live. HE'S 25 YEARS OLD!!!

Okay, so I know I'm probably over reacting and we'll figure something out. But for now I'm just so annoyed!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredBride View Post
I woke up needing to confess! I am seriously annoyed with my FI. We are renting a house with his 25 year old brother who JUST moved out of his mom's house for the first time when he moved in with us last March. So our lease is up, and last night I told FI I wanted to discuss our living situation. He says we should give his brother at least another year of living with us, because asking him to move out sooner would cause him too much stress. I told him I would really like it if we could start our married life out WITHOUT his brother, since I'm honestly tired of cleaning up after him (among other things). I said maybe we could comprimise and just ask for a 9 month lease so we could at least have our own place for our first holidays together.

So FI says "I'm going to have to ask my mom what she thinks!"

What!? Seriously?! You have to ask your mom what she thinks about where I should live? He said this is because maybe she'll have an idea about where his brother can live. HE'S 25 YEARS OLD!!!

Okay, so I know I'm probably over reacting and we'll figure something out. But for now I'm just so annoyed!
Dude you are not overreacting. I would be a bit bothered as well. If his mom is so worried about it he can move back in with her! You are about to get married. You are supposed to be able to get busy on the couch, the table, the bathroom etc. How are you going to do that with BIL sitting on the couch watching tv?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat81 View Post
Dude you are not overreacting. I would be a bit bothered as well. If his mom is so worried about it he can move back in with her! You are about to get married. You are supposed to be able to get busy on the couch, the table, the bathroom etc. How are you going to do that with BIL sitting on the couch watching tv?!
Thanks! I think I'll use that as part of my argument!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolcegirl01 View Post
Your pic is so cute--you look fabulous. And I am feeling the same way. It is so fun to have a husband. I am totally love that he is finally wearing a ring too!
Thanks Kate! Yours is fantastic too!!
He's wearing his ring?? DH is having trouble in that department!! One it's a bit too big & he's afraid he's going to loose it and two he's finding it really uncomfortable! He's off work this week so he's supposed to go get it sized - he better be wearing it after that!! LOL

Oh...and InspiredBride - I am totally with Kat!! Tell FI that FBIL has to go!! You both need your space as newlyweds!! And after you tell FBIL he should be the one to ask mommy for advie or help!!
Good luck!!!

My confession (it seems like I'm here a lot)...

I cannot look at anyone else's wedding pictures. It seems that everyone has what I wanted. I should not have given in so easily when DH said we couldn't afford a pro. I know that the weather has a bit to do with why I didn't get the shots I wanted (No beach pics, no sunset), but I"m not convinced they would have been great anyway. I also really regret not doing a TTD...we just jumped in the pool & did a couple pics, but nothing hot & sexy or even romantic at all for that matter. I am just so disappointed & I know this is something I can never get back. I'm just going to have to suck it up & focus on my life with my new husband. I hate feeling so depressed after what should have been the best day of my life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BachataBride View Post
My confession (it seems like I'm here a lot)...

I cannot look at anyone else's wedding pictures. It seems that everyone has what I wanted. I should not have given in so easily when DH said we couldn't afford a pro. I know that the weather has a bit to do with why I didn't get the shots I wanted (No beach pics, no sunset), but I"m not convinced they would have been great anyway. I also really regret not doing a TTD...we just jumped in the pool & did a couple pics, but nothing hot & sexy or even romantic at all for that matter. I am just so disappointed & I know this is something I can never get back. I'm just going to have to suck it up & focus on my life with my new husband. I hate feeling so depressed after what should have been the best day of my life.
Amanda, I know its probably not what you want to hear but you have some amazing pictures! You look so beautiful & happy in all of them. I know its hard not to compare especially on the forum but your right you have to focus on what you have and what being married means.
If its something you just cant let go of then you and your husband will simply have to take an aniversary trip to produce those pictures! Theres nothing wrong with that!~

Quote:
Originally Posted by missdanelle View Post
Amanda, I know its probably not what you want to hear but you have some amazing pictures! You look so beautiful & happy in all of them. I know its hard not to compare especially on the forum but your right you have to focus on what you have and what being married means.
If its something you just cant let go of then you and your husband will simply have to take an aniversary trip to produce those pictures! Theres nothing wrong with that!~
Thank you so much Danelle! I do love a few of my pictures! :)
But seeing other pics here on the forum I know what mine could have been! I don't think I can convince DH to bring along our wedding clothes on another vacation and pay for a photographer to shoot a "fake" wedding. But maybe I'll tell him either that or therapy, & therapy could get pricey!! LOL

I confess that I'm depressed, sad, lonely and PISSED OFF. I tried to talk to DH about our living situation (us not living together yet) and all he could do was joke and then ignore my questions. Finally I got pissed and started yelling and then got upset. Nothing is resolved. He had nothing to say. There is no plan in place. Every night that I go to sleep by myself I get more upset. I'm so hurt that he doesn't seem to care that we are not living together.