Confessions

ErinB

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLC77 View Post
Amanda, I totally know what you mean when you say you felt torn between everyone. I had a meltdown before the wedding because I was so stressed about greeting everyone when they arrived and spending time with them while my FI was totally relaxed and doing his own thing. I cried! I was truly miserable for a day or so. It so hard to balance doing what you want (laying totally still in the sun with a margarita) versus doing what you think you should (waiting in the lobby- not in the sun- to greet your guests and making sure they are happy). I really struggled the whole time we were there with this.
I totally agree. I didnt even get any color from the 24th when we got there to the 1st when we left for our minimoon. I was too busy worrying about everyone else and meeting up with people, we werent even in the sun very much! I didnt really relax until after the wedding.

The problem with a destination wedding is that you also have a destination honeymoon!!!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BachataBride View Post
Isn't it shitty!!?? I had a few meltdowns. The day that we arrived (my TA had everything screwed up), the night before my wedding (my mom had a few too many & I was really disappointed in her), on the plane when we were coming back (thinking about everything that went wrong) & even last night again. My DH is soon going to commit me to the looney bin!! lol
I don't know...it all just wasn't what I thought it was going to be. I just wish I had an undo button & could start over!!
My mom did the same thing! I was so upset I was sobbing the night before my wedding. I got about two hours sleep and you can literally see the bags under my eyes in my wedding pics. Thanks Mom.

Wow I thought I was the only one that felt let down after the wedding! I hated it. (well, that may be a little strong). I spent the day of the wedding running around, setting up the reception area, picking up dresses, giving instructions, etc while everyone else was at the pool or beach! I never even got to the beach until it was time to take pictures. The DH and my kids were so pissed at the Photog that we didn't get pictures that I wanted to take. My sister didn't bother to come to the reception and for some reason, we got to the reception first! Where was everybody? They all showed up about 45 minutes later. All of the pictures from the reception were all dark. Ok, enough complaining. It was still better than the first time when I went to the Courthouse then for my honeymoon we went to see The Predator II where I promptly fell asleep. LOL

Ok, my big confession is it has been 3 weeks since I quit smoking and I want a cigarette NOW! I swore I would not start eating to replace smoking, but it is so hard. I am totally aware of how bad it is for me but maybe confessing will make the craving go away.

Sylvia, you had me cracking up at going to see the Predator II! And congrats on quitting smoking. Stay strong! I know it must be so hard.

I confess that I have post-wedding depression. It was so fun and exciting planning our wedding. Now I have work and school. Blah. Oh and my freaking husband and I ARE NOT LIVING TOGETHER YET! I'm trying to stay calm and not get upset with him, but come on... we're freaking married! I'd like to actually go to sleep next to him every night. I feel like he has no concept of time and how long it takes to get things done. We looked at 4 condos last Saturday and we would like to buy one. But I keep asking him about it and he has no plan, no next step, nothing to move forward in doing anything. I'm seriously getting pissed and trying to hold it in and be understanding, but WTF~ do you want to buy one of them or don't you and if you don't then where the ef do you want to live? This decision should take 5 seconds, not 5 days or 5 weeks. We have money, we have a pre-approval, just pick one already! Ok, vent over, but I'm sure I'll have more to say about it if something doesn't get done asap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by syl1115 View Post
Ok, my big confession is it has been 3 weeks since I quit smoking and I want a cigarette NOW! I swore I would not start eating to replace smoking, but it is so hard. I am totally aware of how bad it is for me but maybe confessing will make the craving go away.
Sylvia - don't give in. I promise your at the hardest part. When I quite, I had like an adrenaline thing going for the first two and half weeks -- I was so proud. The third and fourth weeks were insanely hard because I realized that I was really quitting and that meant resisting those damn cravings! The only suggestions I have are things I'm sure you've already heard (gum and sunflower seeds).

My confession is...I'm completely annoyed with our wedding party. Here's the rundown:

BM1 & GM1 got married last year. We had to take three days off for their wedding and we didn't even have to travel. They had so many events and activities that we had to be at. They just told me they are flying in Friday (our weeding is saturday) and flying out on Monday - WTH you couldn't take one extra day to spend time with us?

BM2 invited her sister, sister's husband and dad. Not too worried because her family is great. Meanwhile, she refuses to go with the other girls to look for a dress. I live 1,000 miles away from the 3 of them so I can't really pick her up and make her go along.

GM2 Just spent two weeks living at my house and whining about everything. He's mad because he's going to be out of the country for 3 months and is going to miss FI's bachelor party. Is that our problem?

GM3 decided to come the day before the wedding but is staying for a week after because his girlfriend is coming the day after the wedding (she's invited but can't miss a test on the day of the wedding).

Grrr. This our day and we really wanted our friends to be a part of it. I'm feeling really annoyed with them... but obviously won't tell them.

Is she still at it? WTF? Does she live in Dallas? It's just one short trip for me, I could trip her or hold her down and break her pointer fingers so she can't type... Maybe tie her up and make her listen to a song I wrote called butt the hell out and let Casey plan her own wedding......