Confessions

ErinB

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK so here's my confession. I wouldn't admit this to anyone else, esp. my FI, FMIL and Mother (who all said I would regret it) but for the first time, I seriously regret getting a tattoo. The tattoo is located on my right shoulder blade and my dress is a halter. I tried to cover it with my MAC, but it didn't work. I really don't want to look tacky on my wedding day but I'm afraid it will.

WestBacaniWedding - I'm sorry to hear that you feel uncomfortable and judged around your in-laws, but YAY that they live 7 hours away! :) I lived in South Korea for 3 years and a lot of my friends were married/dating interrculturally and I saw a lot of their struggles and pain with the parents of the Korean partner. Funny enough it was usually only a problem if the white partner was female, but if it was a white male with a Korean female, the parents were a little more accepting. At least that's what my friends conveyed to me.

As long as your FI loves you, that's all that matters!! :) love.gif

My confession for today: I'm jealous of all you girls who can put your legs behind your head!! LOL!! Is there a trick to it?

Eeek! ok this is my first confession! how did i not see this thread months and months ago?! lol

1: i can't stand my BILs girlfriend...she's is soooo cutesy and annoying and talks like a baby and is even worse when the ILs are around, yet my M&FIL LOVE her and tell me everytime they seem me what an angel she is..so annoying!! can't stand her...and after my DW neither can any of my family or friends stand to be around her. now shes coming to stay with us for 2 nights in a few weeks...exact same days that M&FIL are coming to stay...so you know it will be full on cuteness with that girl! soooo annoying!!

2: i'm scared to see my FIL in a few weeks...haven't talked to him since my DW...he yelled at me 2 days after the wedding (and i still get upset when i think about it 3 months later) cause he was hobbling around on crutches (and had been for 5 months) the entire week and didn't get a wheel chair and yelled at me basiccally because i didnt have it arranged for him....like i didn't have 50 other people and a wedding to attend too. when we saw all of our guests off and were leaving on our honeymoon week...he wouldn't even say goodbye to me, i had to go up to him and he just said...oh right dear, bye. from everyone else it was big hugs and loves and congrats and have funs...from him i didn't even get a 2 armed hug. now he has to come to MY house for a few nights...BOO HOOO!!

oh hum!!

I have a few...

1) I dont LOVE my wedd dress. I got it because my family liked it, and it was sord of cheap. But whenever I watch "say yes to the dress" and the brides get all teary because ITS THE ONE, I get bummed out because mine isn't.

2) the FSIL did NOT show up to my bridal shower and I bet its because she's jealous

3) the FSIL is NOT going to the wedding either. And that hurts me because it hurts my FI

4) some of my bestfriends wont go to the wedding because they were not responsible enough to save $75 a month for a couple of months. losers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by krista.baird View Post
Yeah, I have the same problem too ladies. I actually had one lady tell me that I should just have a baby anyways (even though we are in debt up to our eyeballs from our undergraduate degrees, and now we are both doing our masters while working full time to try and pay for it). Best part is, her reason for telling me to have a baby right away was "because you aren't getting any younger you know"....WTF??
Wow... don't people understand how RUDE that is? Unbelievable... I was talking to a customer on the phone at work that was asking why I changed my name... I told him I got married, he congratulated me and proceeded to ask..."So, how's your clock?" I say, "Excuse me?" He says, "You know, your CLOCK... how is it, do you have... time?" I was pretty taken aback by this... wow. I've never met this guy or seen him in person either, ballsy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khomac View Post
At least you got to enjoy your day. I was throwing up in the room during the dinner and reception. I missed everything except the 20 minute ceremony and pictures. So I know how you feel.

I look at everyone's pictures of them toasting, cutting the cake, first dance, father daughter dance, partying on the beach with drinks in hand, sand between their toes, and palm trees in the background and I just cry.

Weddings never go exactly as planned. Your friends definitely didn't desert you. They traveled to be there with you on your wedding day! I have 7 VERY close friends and only 1 came!

What's done is done. I'll just have to plan an AHR (which I WASN'T going to do because I couldn't afford it) so that I can do it all over again!
OMG, I'm so sorry to hear this! Did you get sick down there? I know you didn't want an AHR but I'm sure it will satisfy a lot of the typical bridal moments you've been looking for. I hope that one goes off flawlessly :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by **~Jenn~** View Post
I guess people think that you get married just to have kids. Actually my cousin (male) said that to me last summer..He said he only got married to have kids....I was like Whathuh.gif

I def want kids and we are going to be trying really soon, but I guess I get weird about it because you just never know if you can even HAVE kids unless you get knocked up by accident or you start to try.
And what if you can't? Don't these people think of that? That is exactly what I would think of and that is why I would never ask. Not the way every one is bugging me.

Well I guess it's good that I am not the only one. I am sure you didn't overreact, so good for you for standing up for yourself..LOL :) People need a reality check sometimes
OMG, got married just to have kids? What is he thinking!

You're absolutely right, first of all it's no one's business whether or not your having kids. Sometimes people haven't decided or don't know etc. People could ask if you're planning to have kids or what the next plan is.

I tell people my plan is th buy a house because I hate living in an apartment. I get people saying, "well I grew up in an apartment as a kid and I did alright..." why does this always get turned around to focus back on them if they're asking about me...