Confessions

ErinB

My Confession for today

I am so tired of everyone (especially my MIL) bugging me about having a baby. I think that it's really rude to just come out and say to someone, "so when are you having kids?"

Maybe there is a problem and they can't have kids, maybe they don't like kids, maybe it;s just none of any one's business and the correct way to ask about kids, IMO is, "do think you want kids at any point" or something like that

Although we will be trying soon, I just feel like telling my MIL we decided to NOT have kids and continue to get puppies...Hahahahahaha UGH

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by **~Jenn~** View Post
My Confession for today
I am so tired of everyone (especially my MIL) bugging me about having a baby. I think that it's really rude to just come out and say to someone, "so when are you having kids?"
Maybe there is a problem and they can't have kids, maybe they don't like kids, maybe it;s just none of any one's business and the correct way to ask about kids, IMO is, "do think you want kids at any point" or something like that

Although we will be trying soon, I just feel like telling my MIL we decided to NOT have kids and continue to get puppies...Hahahahahaha UGH
I totally agree!!! FI and I aren't sure if we'll have kids and ppl are already asking us that question...ugh sad.gif

I confess that I've totally freaked myself out about the bad reviews about my resort on Trip Advisor and am in the process of talking to my travel agent about switching resorts. There'll probably be a penalty and if it's too pricey I can't go ahead with it, but I just feel like if we were to only switch to this other resort, everything would be perfect.

I don't know why but ever since I booked this resort I've had a bad feeling about it. I'm sure it's probably fine and if we have to stay with it, we'll have a good time anyways, but it just doesn't feel 'right'. In my head it's like this entity that I hate. "The Resort" haunts my dreams.

Pretty sure I'm totally loosing my mind. haha

Jenn - OMG, I'm totally in the same boat. I find myself getting mad at people for asking me because I've been pestered so much.

You know what's funny though, I was asked WAY more when I first got engaged over 2years ago if I was going to have kids back THEN. I think I overracted to a few people and the person who drives me the craziest is my BF/MOH... she had 2 kids before she got married (got pregnant on her first official date with her now husband) and she literally grills me on the subject.

I am barely just started to entertain the idea of having kids in the future, like years, I'd be totally fine without them and all this bugging me makes me not want to have them at all. It's amazing how many people get offended by you not wanting to do it immediately and be thrilled about it. I don't understand...

Yeah, I have the same problem too ladies. I actually had one lady tell me that I should just have a baby anyways (even though we are in debt up to our eyeballs from our undergraduate degrees, and now we are both doing our masters while working full time to try and pay for it). Best part is, her reason for telling me to have a baby right away was "because you aren't getting any younger you know"....WTF??

Quote:
Originally Posted by *kellis* View Post
I thought that it might be hard for me after the wedding when I didn't have anything to do anymore. But it's not, I'm glad to have the stress lifted and to actually be married, it's a wonderful feeling, even if we do have to go back to work and "real life" now.

However my confession is that the wedding did not go how it was supposed to. The ceremony was incredible and everyone had a great time and says it was a beautiful wedding but all I can think of is what didn't go right and the way that some people acted, including my "best friends" and even my mom not being there as much as I hoped she would.
Plus for some reason it's like you get married and everyone disappears, trying to give you that "newlywed time". I didn't really expect to start my married life feeling deserted by friends. I love my husband and am so incredibly happy to be married, but I still need friends you know?
I figured if anyone, you ladies would know what that's like.

At least you got to enjoy your day. I was throwing up in the room during the dinner and reception. I missed everything except the 20 minute ceremony and pictures. So I know how you feel.

I look at everyone's pictures of them toasting, cutting the cake, first dance, father daughter dance, partying on the beach with drinks in hand, sand between their toes, and palm trees in the background and I just cry.

Weddings never go exactly as planned. Your friends definitely didn't desert you. They traveled to be there with you on your wedding day! I have 7 VERY close friends and only 1 came!

What's done is done. I'll just have to plan an AHR (which I WASN'T going to do because I couldn't afford it) so that I can do it all over again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenHeart View Post
Jenn - OMG, I'm totally in the same boat. I find myself getting mad at people for asking me because I've been pestered so much.

You know what's funny though, I was asked WAY more when I first got engaged over 2years ago if I was going to have kids back THEN. I think I overracted to a few people and the person who drives me the craziest is my BF/MOH... she had 2 kids before she got married (got pregnant on her first official date with her now husband) and she literally grills me on the subject.

I am barely just started to entertain the idea of having kids in the future, like years, I'd be totally fine without them and all this bugging me makes me not want to have them at all. It's amazing how many people get offended by you not wanting to do it immediately and be thrilled about it. I don't understand...
I guess people think that you get married just to have kids. Actually my cousin (male) said that to me last summer..He said he only got married to have kids....I was like Whathuh.gif

I def want kids and we are going to be trying really soon, but I guess I get weird about it because you just never know if you can even HAVE kids unless you get knocked up by accident or you start to try.
And what if you can't? Don't these people think of that? That is exactly what I would think of and that is why I would never ask. Not the way every one is bugging me.

Well I guess it's good that I am not the only one. I am sure you didn't overreact, so good for you for standing up for yourself..LOL :) People need a reality check sometimes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoesiesluvr View Post
Confession :: while I am working and sweating my ass off at the gym all I am thinking of is just 1 slice of pepperoni and jalapeño pizza that I will not be able to have until a very looong time from now
Omg...Cindy! I was the same exact way right before my wedding. All I kept thinking of is everthing I couldnt eat and I couldn't wait for the wedding because I was planning to eat everything i could at the resort! hahahahaha
That's probably why I gained like 10lbs last summer. I was so damn glad the wedding was over, I ate everything i craved while dieting...hahahaha

Hang in there girl :)

My confession is extremely selfish, but my Fi has been sick since Feb, and they still can't figure out what's wrong.....so exercising is out of the question, meanwhile I've been busting my butt at the gym and various workouts, while he sits on the couch playing video games. It really pisses me off some nights when all I want is to go for a walk with him and enjoy the beautiful weather, but if we do he suffers the rest of the night b/c of it. *sigh* I know it's selfish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by **~Jenn~** View Post
My Confession for today

Hahahaha I love this! I did something similar. I must admit I played a sort of mean joke on my FMIL recently. I love her to death but every time we talk she asks..."so how is the wedding planning coming?" followed by "and have you guys talked more about kids? are you going to start on the honeymoon or when you get back? and have you guys decided to have more than one?" She freaked out when we told her we only want one child. We currently have two dogs and are thinking about getting a third...she has been adamant that animals should not out-number people so we shouldn't get a third till we have kids. So in our last conversation once she started along her usual shpeel of questions I said "We decided to just have more dogs instead". There was a long pause......my FI was laying next to me while I was talking to her, he knew what was going on but when she started stuttering he mouthed to me to let her know I was joking. A little cruel....but it was so hilarious...she was completely flabbergasted, she just couldn't find words. I confess it was mean, but funny for me...I'm just tired cause every single time we speak she asks those same questions in the same order....come on! But don't get me wrong I love her....just don't like the prying.