father/daughter song

Oh no! What do I do!? I told my dad that he could pick the song that him and I dance to at the wedding...big mistake! He just emailed me the song he chose and I totally hate it! What do I do!? Suck it up (I did tell him he could choose the song) or be honest?

Here are the lyrics:

Daughter of Mine

These are the thoughts of a father

On the wedding day of his daughter

As his mind wanders back to the first time he held her

He looks at her now, the same pride in his eyes

As onto the dance floor they glide

This is the dance of the bride and her father

Dance with me daughter of mine

On this your wedding day

You'll soon be going away

I loved you since you first began

Now you've found a new man

But I love you so, and this you must know

That my love won't falter

So dance with me daughter

Beautiful daughter of mine

We walk down the aisle

On my face there's a smile

But deep in my heart there's a tear

Our friends and relations are here in the church

With smiles on their faces they stare

As we walk t'ward the man who has stolen your heart

And to whom I must give you away

But I wish you love and happiness too

On this your wedding day

Chorus

The dance has begun

We twirl around the floor

But I know you're not my little girl anymore

A lovely young woman has taken her place

And there's happiness written all over her face

But always remember although we must part

You may leave my arms but never my heart

Chorus

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucy106 View Post
Here are the lyrics:

Daughter of Mine

These are the thoughts of a father
On the wedding day of his daughter
As his mind wanders back to the first time he held her
He looks at her now, the same pride in his eyes
As onto the dance floor they glide
This is the dance of the bride and her father

On this your wedding day
You'll soon be going away
I loved you since you first began
Now you've found a new man
But I love you so, and this you must know
That my love won't falter
So dance with me daughter
Beautiful daughter of mine

We walk down the aisle
On my face there's a smile
But deep in my heart there's a tear
Our friends and relations are here in the church
With smiles on their faces they stare
As we walk t'ward the man who has stolen your heart
And to whom I must give you away
But I wish you love and happiness too
On this your wedding day

Chorus

The dance has begun
We twirl around the floor
But I know you're not my little girl anymore
A lovely young woman has taken her place
And there's happiness written all over her face
But always remember although we must part
You may leave my arms but never my heart

Chorus
Yes, I know. I LOVE the lyrics. I just really dislike the sound of the song itself. I think I will just go for it, because I did give him the go ahead. I just really really dislike the overall sound. I spose it's just one song. And it does mean something to me that he put the effort into finding a song. That itself means something to me, so I guess I just answered my own question.