Sign in to follow this  
kitty_kat_uk

any UK brides going to Riu Ocho Rios?

Hi there

was just wondering if there are any fellow UK brides who will be travelling to Ocho Rios to get married.

IF so, have you had any problems with your travel agent? which agent are you going with?

THanks

Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty_kat_uk View Post
Hi there
was just wondering if there are any fellow UK brides who will be travelling to Ocho Rios to get married.

IF so, have you had any problems with your travel agent? which agent are you going with?

THanks

Claire
Hi Claire,

Let me guess its not Thomson you've booked with is it? I've booked the ROR for my wedding in May and I'm having major issues with them at the moment. Its about the time slot we thought they had reserved for us of which they didn't. Its only after visiting this site I found out someone else had the same date and time! I know I'm not alone either as I've been speaking to someone else who has exactly the same problem.

Yup, Count me in! we are due to fly out 2 weeks tomorrow!!

Major issues with thomson, (from wedding times changing, to changing the seats on the plane, and not making their minds up how I was able to carry my dress on board the plane!)

Yes, its Thomson. We couldn't book throug the weddings department till we had our holiday booked.

By the time our holiday was booked, the only day left is 2 days before we fly home. Thomson can only have 1 wedding a day at Riu apparently.

After reading these forums, I've contacted the hotel direct as they haven't set the dates yet formally. I've asked her to bring it forward. They have or can have 6 a day so I'm led to believe!

My only trouble is that the flight is already booked up, so those booking at a later date can't book as we don't have a wedding date.

What a disaster!!! Glad its not just me.

Are Thomson doing anything to help? I've been on the phone everyday this week trying to sort something out, i've been speaking to chris, she's the weddings manager apparently, anyway as of yet all they can suggest is i'll have to wait and see if there's any cancellations. I'm not being funny but how many people do you think are gonna cancel their wedding 12 weeks before the big day?

And to think they are meant to be taking the stress out of the planning!

woot.gif Result!

Thomson have managed to rearrange our wedding for 4pm, but on a different date. How they managed to do this I don't know considering I was told the whole of may was booked! It must of been the fact I was on the phone everyday asking for compensation!

smile159.gif

I'm glad everything has worked out for you! Hopefully that'll take away any stress and worry. We're still with Thomson but i've got my new confirmation in writing so i'm hoping everything goes to plan.

Congrats again on getting the date you wanted!!