any UK brides going to Riu Ocho Rios?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 kitty_kat_uk

kitty_kat_uk
  • 170 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 04:12 PM

Hi there
    was just wondering if there are any fellow UK brides who will be travelling to Ocho Rios to get married.

IF so, have you had any problems with your travel agent? which agent are you going with?

THanks

Claire

#2 amandatheo

amandatheo
    • 247 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 04:36 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by kitty_kat_uk
      Hi there
      was just wondering if there are any fellow UK brides who will be travelling to Ocho Rios to get married.

IF so, have you had any problems with your travel agent? which agent are you going with?

THanks

Claire
      Hi Claire,

Let me guess its not Thomson you've booked with is it? I've booked the ROR for my wedding in May and I'm having major issues with them at the moment. Its about the time slot we thought they had reserved for us of which they didn't. Its only after visiting this site I found out someone else had the same date and time! I know I'm not alone either as I've been speaking to someone else who has exactly the same problem.

#3 AnnaReeves1

AnnaReeves1
      • 38 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 05:03 PM

Yup, Count me in! we are due to fly out 2 weeks tomorrow!!

Major issues with thomson, (from wedding times changing, to changing the seats on the plane, and not making their minds up how I was able to carry my dress on board the plane!)

#4 kitty_kat_uk

kitty_kat_uk
        • 170 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 05:10 PM

Yes, its Thomson. We couldn't book throug the weddings department till we had our holiday booked.

By the time our holiday was booked, the only day left is 2 days before we fly home. Thomson can only have 1 wedding a day at Riu apparently.

After reading these forums, I've contacted the hotel direct as they haven't set the dates yet formally. I've asked her to bring it forward. They have or can have 6 a day so I'm led to believe!

My only trouble is that the flight is already booked up, so those booking at a later date can't book as we don't have a wedding date.

What a disaster!!! Glad its not just me.

#5 amandatheo

amandatheo
          • 247 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 06:34 PM

Are Thomson doing anything to help? I've been on the phone everyday this week trying to sort something out, i've been speaking to chris, she's the weddings manager apparently, anyway as of yet all they can suggest is i'll have to wait and see if there's any cancellations. I'm not being funny but how many people do you think are gonna cancel their wedding 12 weeks before the big day?

And to think they are meant to be taking the stress out of the planning!

#6 amandatheo

amandatheo
            • 247 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 05:55 PM

Result!

Thomson have managed to rearrange our wedding for 4pm, but on a different date. How they managed to do this I don't know considering I was told the whole of may was booked! It must of been the fact I was on the phone everyday asking for compensation!

#7 kitty_kat_uk

kitty_kat_uk
              • 170 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 07:53 PM

well done! hope we're as lucky too!

#8 amandatheo

amandatheo
                • 247 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 08:22 AM

Good luck, hope everything works out for you!

#9 kitty_kat_uk

kitty_kat_uk
                  • 170 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 01:07 PM

I've dumped Thomson and gone direct with the hotel, so have got the date we wanted afterall!

#10 amandatheo

amandatheo
                    • 247 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 03:19 PM

I'm glad everything has worked out for you! Hopefully that'll take away any stress and worry. We're still with Thomson but i've got my new confirmation in writing so i'm hoping everything goes to plan.

Congrats again on getting the date you wanted!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users