Have you exercised today?

• Please log in to reply
4634 replies to this topic

#4571 LisaandJeff

LisaandJeff
  • 296 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 12:17 PM

Hi NikkiT1021,

The Dailey Method (and it's competitor The Bar Method) are strength and conditioning studios that use ballet barre work, pilates, and other core conditioning methods to strengthen and lengthen...

It is really amazing...  and HARD!!  Go to either website (www.thedaileymethod.com or www.barmethod.com) to get more info and to see if it's in your area yet. 

I have done both and like Dailey better because they are better at modifying exercises for my bad knees.  :) 

I have been working out like crazy for the past months by myself -- cardio training, weight training, free weights, ab classes, pilates, Zumba, etc. and this is the very first day that I've been this sore  -- after just one class. It feels great!!! 

June 18, 2011 * Cabo Azul Resort

#4572 Brenners

Brenners
    • 807 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 06:03 PM

I went prom dress shopping at the Mall of America AND I shoveled over a foot of snow on Monday.  I am calling both a workout!  But I do need to get serious about exercising!

#4573 Sharon99

Sharon99
      • 1,301 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 06:08 AM

A foot of snow!! UGH!!  That is a workout! The beach would be nice right about now huh...lol!

#4574 NikkiT1021

NikkiT1021
        • 210 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 06:55 AM

thanks! I'll check it out!

Hi NikkiT1021,

The Dailey Method (and it's competitor The Bar Method) are strength and conditioning studios that use ballet barre work, pilates, and other core conditioning methods to strengthen and lengthen...

It is really amazing...  and HARD!!  Go to either website (www.thedaileymethod.com or www.barmethod.com) to get more info and to see if it's in your area yet. 

I have done both and like Dailey better because they are better at modifying exercises for my bad knees.  :) 

I have been working out like crazy for the past months by myself -- cardio training, weight training, free weights, ab classes, pilates, Zumba, etc. and this is the very first day that I've been this sore  -- after just one class. It feels great!!! 

#4575 Banksnelson

Banksnelson
          • 109 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 04:47 PM

yoga today!

#4576 Brenners

Brenners
            • 807 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 04:53 PM

Sharon, I LOVE the idea of going back to the beach now!  Spring cannot come quickly enough.  I feel a cold coming on right now so maybe a lack of appetite will get the ball rolling.  lol

#4577 lesee

lesee
              • 320 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 04:54 PM

on the "no fun" diet

week work out consists of:

1 - 1hour spin clas

1 - 1 hour session with trainer

2 - 5 mile runs.

#4578 Brenners

Brenners
                • 807 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 05:25 PM

Diets are never fun.  Which is why the word "die" makes up the first part of "diet."

#4579 perry1217

perry1217
                  • 355 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 11:13 AM

Brenners I love it!!!

So I have been working on building my strength back up (I hadn't worked out in forever) and now I am starting the 30 Day Shred with Jillian Michaels.  Did Day 1 today with 5 lb weights.  Feeling good, actually feeling so good that as long as I am able to walk tomorrow, I may move up to 8 lb weights at Day 5 of Level One instead of coasting through!

I'm definitely on a bit of a time crunch since I promised my photographer/best friend that we would do my boudoir shoot waaaaay early (April 3rd!) so that she could build up her portfolio in that area as she is starting to get more and more weddings booked. Gotta get it right, get it tight!

Playacar Palace Bride - January 6, 2012!!!!

#4580 blondy

blondy
                    • 133 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 04:09 PM

I skipped my planned spinning class today, but still got in 4 days of exercise this week.

We're getting married at Moon Palace Cancun on April 8, 2011!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users