• Please log in to reply
4634 replies to this topic

#1601 Angel

Angel
  • 2,635 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 11:20 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ana
    You can totally do it! Honestly the first month and a bit sux because you're not totally into a routine yet, and you're seeing minimal results. But something happens around the 2nd month and suddenly there's big changes in your body etc... by then you're in a pretty good routine too and seeing the changes is a huge motivator. At least that's what I've found in myself. Its easy to keep it going after that because you've seen what you can do Keep up the good work!

See, that's my problem. I don't see results fast enough so my routine stops. I've always been tiny and never had a weight problem, I just want to be toned. But my kids do it with me so it makes it fun. You should see them doing Tae Bo LOL, too funny!! But I'm going to stick with it this time because we have our girls trip in July, Cruise in December and then I get married in March. We will see what happens.

#1602 Amy&Andy

Amy&Andy
    • VIP Member
    • 3,405 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 04:45 PM

Alrighty....checking in from last week's workouts:
      Monday: Took Off
      Tuesday: triceps, shoulders, chest; 45 min cardio
      Wednesday: Back, biceps, lats, no cardio
      Thursday: AM cardio (55 min)
      Friday: Off
      Saturday: Chest, Triceps, shoulders with Andy; 55 min cardio
      Sunday: Lats, back, biceps with Andy; 40 min cardio
      This week:
      Monday: AM light push workout & 35 min cardio
      Tuesday: Gone for work conference in Seattle; bringing gear for hotel gym
      Wednesday: hotel gym cardio

#1603 baybride

baybride
      • 33 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 07:19 PM

I worked out today, there is a gym in my building where I work so I go down on lunch. I've started my new routine 6-days a week, 3 days of cardio and 3 days of weight training. I have until March to get this body beach ready!

#1604 DLyteful

DLyteful
        • 879 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 08:21 PM

Just got back from step class that kicked my butt.

#1605 amyrak

amyrak
          • 469 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 08:35 PM

I walked over 6 miles today! Once again this nice weather we are having is motivation enough. Tomorrow will be softball practice and we walk on our 20 min breaks at work.

#1606 dragonfly

dragonfly
            • 1,820 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 10:10 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Ana
              I ran in a big race for the first time today. I usually run on my own or with a partner, but being surrounded by 59,000 people all running at the same time, is really something else. Its inspired me to begin training for the Toronto Marathon in October I'm so excited! I think I'm going to join a running clinic which so that I can learn how to do this correctly.
              I did this a couple of years ago. The Canadian running series , in Toronto is a great race schedule to work up to the marathon. The Running room offers some great clinics. I always had the most fun at these races, and the final marathon is such a blast, the marathon for this use to be in september.

well I am off to the gym to do some cardio and weights, hmmm and maybe a steam after:)

#1607 sunnydaes

sunnydaes
              • 684 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 11:19 AM

OK, fell off the wagon for about a week since i was on Vacation! but back to it, pilates yesterday and today and then going on vacation again on thursday! (not complaining) but i plan on really getting back on track in may

#1608 Yari

Yari
                • VIP Member
                • 10,928 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 02:24 PM

I too fell off the wagon! I am back on though!

I went this morning and got yelled out by my trainer for not being in all last week. Oh well, I worked out with him for 30 minutes.

#1609 nikkianddean

nikkianddean
                  • 1,881 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 03:45 PM

About an hour and 15 minutes today during lunch. I have also gone off sugar to get my butt back in shape!!!
                    http://i264.photobuc....h/IMG_1002.jpg

Mr. & Mrs. C
                    February 14, 2009

#1610 Denise40

Denise40
                    • 407 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 10:24 PM

First day to the gym. I signed up last week and kept coming up with excuses, no one to work out with (hubby was out of town), that time of the month, yada yada yada. Well today at work several ladies were talking about working out and it got me excited. I went to the gym and went on the treadmill for 35min. It's not much but it's a start. I had a spinal fusion to my lower back in Sept so I am starting out slowly, I meet with a personal trainer tomorrow night!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users