4634 replies to this topic

#1021 -Kate-

-Kate-
  • VIP Member
  • 7,676 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 09:46 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by LadyP
    I worked out last night for 1 hour martial arts class and 15 minutes on the treadmill prior to.
    My problem is sweets. Trying to give up soda and chocolate any advice.
    For chocolate I started eating Luna Bars - Nutz Over Chocolate flavor. My worst time of the day for food craving is around 3-4 pm. I eat one of those bars around that time because 1) it fills my need for chocolate and 2) the protein holds me over until I get home.

As for soda just try to cut back. I tried to cut it out completely but that didn't work. Now I have max of 1 can per day.

#1022 LadyP

LadyP
    • 3,156 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 10:05 PM

will try them tomorrow. they arent nast are they. I hate healthy tasting food.

#1023 -Kate-

-Kate-
      • VIP Member
      • 7,676 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 10:07 PM

Quote:
        will try them tomorrow. they arent nast are they. I hate healthy tasting food.
        I like them. They are pretty big and have a rice krispy texture. The bottom is dipped in chocolate. They are like a candy bar. When you first try it I'm sure it will taste a little "health foody" for you.

#1024 LadyP

LadyP
        • 3,156 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 10:12 PM

I can do a rice krispy thingy with chocolate. do they have the single one in the candy isle to try first.

#1025 -Kate-

-Kate-
          • VIP Member
          • 7,676 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 10:16 PM

Quote:
            I can do a rice krispy thingy with chocolate. do they have the single one in the candy isle to try first.
            They are with the "health" bars - not usually with the candy. In our grocery they are near the beauty aisle. At Trader Joe's they are by the nuts.

#1026 TOESNTHESND

TOESNTHESND
            • 486 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 01:25 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by LALA
              For chocolate I started eating Luna Bars - Nutz Over Chocolate flavor. My worst time of the day for food craving is around 3-4 pm. I eat one of those bars around that time because 1) it fills my need for chocolate and 2) the protein holds me over until I get home.

As for soda just try to cut back. I tried to cut it out completely but that didn't work. Now I have max of 1 can per day.
              I gave up soda. I thought I would crave it but not too much. Although I wonder if coffee makes you fat? I drink sugar free creamer and splenda, I don't know if I could give up my morning coffee. My weak spot is salty chips for some reason. My FI is the sweets whore.

#1027 Amy&Andy

Amy&Andy
              • VIP Member
              • 3,405 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 02:56 PM

Ok...can someone please tell me why we women sabotage ourselves when working out/dieting I've been so so so good and then had one of those days yesterday......Got all the way to the gym and realized I had no pants ...and while I like the way my butt looks, I don't think anyone at the gym needs to see me working out with no bottoms...

So I got all the way home and decided I should go for a run instead since I really need to workout. I got about a mile into it and it started to absolutely downpour. (I live in Washington, so I should have known better)

I felt like I was running with an extra 5 pounds because I was so soaked. Needless to say, when I got home I was not in a good mood. I yelled at my FI for something...can't even remember now, then attacked the jar of peanut butter with a spoon....dipped the peanut butter into a box of cereal and went to town like I hadn't eaten in days.

Why in gods name do I do this? Please someone tell me you get mad/angry/sad/something....and eat odd things in horrid quantities. Sometimes I think I'm nuts!

#1028 *JillD*

*JillD*
                • 5,112 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 03:02 PM

I've had that kind of day for the last couple of days. I worked out everyday for about 8 or 9 days straight, I was eating really good and then I had a late meeting on wednesday and we went to a mexican restaurant for a drink. I had a jumbo margarita because I've been so good and then I end up eating a ton of chips and guacamole and even though I didn't eat dinner and hadn't eaten much else all day, I still felt really guilty about it. And I haven't worked out since tuesday, wtf! Why do we do this!

#1029 LisaG

LisaG
                  • VIP Member
                  • 7,839 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 03:12 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by amy&andy08
                    Ok...can someone please tell me why we women sabotage ourselves when working out/dieting I've been so so so good and then had one of those days yesterday......Got all the way to the gym and realized I had no pants ...and while I like the way my butt looks, I don't think anyone at the gym needs to see me working out with no bottoms...

So I got all the way home and decided I should go for a run instead since I really need to workout. I got about a mile into it and it started to absolutely downpour. (I live in Washington, so I should have known better)

I felt like I was running with an extra 5 pounds because I was so soaked. Needless to say, when I got home I was not in a good mood. I yelled at my FI for something...can't even remember now, then attacked the jar of peanut butter with a spoon....dipped the peanut butter into a box of cereal and went to town like I hadn't eaten in days.

Why in gods name do I do this? Please someone tell me you get mad/angry/sad/something....and eat odd things in horrid quantities. Sometimes I think I'm nuts!
                    ROFLMAO!!! You are CRACKING me up!!!! I'm sure there were a few people at the gym that would have loved to see you pantless...haha!! That does suck though! It's happened to me before with my shirt. I had a sports bra...but uummmm....fat rolls hanging over shorts aren't so attractive!

#1030 Amy&Andy

Amy&Andy
                    • VIP Member
                    • 3,405 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 04:16 PM

God sometimes you just have to laugh at yourself instead of feeling crappy about falling off the wagon. I was laughing on my way back from lunch today thinking about how I attacked that peanut butter like it had personally offended me.

My FI asked why I cant take out my bad mood/agression on him (yes in the dirty way) instead of food. I was like, yeah you or cereal covered peanut butter in a spoon....tough one actually.

We need to remind eachother that these moments are totally normal and WE ALL DO IT! Sometimes I think i'm totally nuts....but no.....it's just all women are nuts about food

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users