Have you exercised today?

• Please log in to reply
4634 replies to this topic

#1001 Amy&Andy

Amy&Andy
  • VIP Member
  • 3,405 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 07:37 PM

God I was sitting here at my desk 5 mintues ago trying to talk myself out of working out tonight after work until I read everyones motivational posts!
    I'm going!
    Sheesh if I could get paid for talking myself into or out of things I'd be a billionaire! Thanks everyone for keeping eachother honest....I'll want to be posting every day!

#1002 -Kate-

-Kate-
    • VIP Member
    • 7,676 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 08:01 PM

I went to the gym this morning - 35 min cardio and the rest was abs. I wasn't super into it. But - this thread did inspire me to pass on a regular ice cream sandwich (my fav). I'll have a skinny cow tonight and be happier bc I didn't blow my workout!!

Keep up the good work ladies!!

#1003 jenn050709

jenn050709
      • 10 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 08:08 PM

Well, after getting into Billy Blanks' Bootcamp for a while, I got burned out and stopped working out. This weekend I picked up the Dancing With The Stars workout video and tried it Saturday. Let me just say it kicked my butt! I only did probably 5 whole minutes of it, but it felt SO good.

Tonight, though, I got home and forced myself to do the routine again. Of course I'm starting with the toughest dance, the Jive, but it's the dance I've always wanted to learn. I did the 5 minute warm up, 5 of the 10 minute Jive, and then the 5 minute cool down. Seriously, the cool down was actually harder than the dance. I was more out of breath after it.

But here I am, and hour and a half later, and if my knee wasn't hurting so badly, I'd go back down there! I've always loved to dance and watch dancing but never took lessons, so this is perfect for me!!

Okay, enough rambling....I guess I could have just said I worked out, haha!!

#1004 LisaG

LisaG
        • VIP Member
        • 7,839 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 10:06 AM

WTG Girls!!! Everyone has been doing a great job!!

I ran 2 miles yesterday then did a 30 minute abs class. Ran 1 mile today and did upper body for 45 minutes. My goal is to make it to the gym Mon - Fri for the next 5 weeks before we leave.....2 down alot to go!!

#1005 -Kate-

-Kate-
          • VIP Member
          • 7,676 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 10:20 AM

I got up this morning to do 30 minutes of rowing - but only made it 10. I am just feeling off lately. I did do strength moves though - lunges, squats, triceps, shoulders. I'm going to have to run when I get home.

#1006 Heligirl

Heligirl
            • 97 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 10:41 AM

just weighed in- it's been 3 weeks and I'm down 9 lbs!!! 11 more to go!!!

#1007 LisaG

LisaG
              • VIP Member
              • 7,839 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 11:04 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Heligirl
                just weighed in- it's been 3 weeks and I'm down 9 lbs!!! 11 more to go!!!
                Woo Hooooo Congrats!!!

#1008 JulieG

JulieG
                • VIP Member
                • 8,323 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 11:11 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by jenn050709
                  Well, after getting into Billy Blanks' Bootcamp for a while, I got burned out and stopped working out. This weekend I picked up the Dancing With The Stars workout video and tried it Saturday. Let me just say it kicked my butt! I only did probably 5 whole minutes of it, but it felt SO good.

Tonight, though, I got home and forced myself to do the routine again. Of course I'm starting with the toughest dance, the Jive, but it's the dance I've always wanted to learn. I did the 5 minute warm up, 5 of the 10 minute Jive, and then the 5 minute cool down. Seriously, the cool down was actually harder than the dance. I was more out of breath after it.

But here I am, and hour and a half later, and if my knee wasn't hurting so badly, I'd go back down there! I've always loved to dance and watch dancing but never took lessons, so this is perfect for me!!

Okay, enough rambling....I guess I could have just said I worked out, haha!!
                  That sounds awesome, where would I get that workout DVD? I want it!

#1009 JulieG

JulieG
                  • VIP Member
                  • 8,323 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 11:13 AM

I went and saw my trainer at 8:30 this morning. I decided I love working out in the morning, I feel great right now. Anyway, she kicked my butt, again. We did full body strength and 20 mins of hard cardio.

#1010 *JillD*

*JillD*
                    • 5,112 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 01:01 PM

I did the treadmill last night for 35 minutes, I know, kind of weak.... I get so bored on the treadmill

I haven't worked out yet today, I'll probably do some turbojam later

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users