Sign in to follow this  
destinationbride07

Have you exercised today?

I love going at lunch time. That way you are not having to get up early, which I hate, or force yourself to go after work, by then I just want to go home. So, lunch works perfect for me.

I wish I had some machines at home, I would be so hot. lol If I could watch tv at the same time, it would be the best.

I worked out to Cindy this morning. Wow, Sarah, you weren't kidding - my abs are still hurting - I am scared for how they will feel tomorrow. And I did it with 8lb weights ... maybe not a smart idea!

During the ab workouts, I always feel it in my "upper" abs, right below the ribcage. But that's not my trouble area ... I want to target that pouch - whether or not you have one, you all know what I am talking about! Any ideas, ladies - does anyone know of a good sit-up to target that area?

Ann when people start getting "abs" it's easier to get the upper ones versus the lower ones, I used to tell people I had "baby abs" because you could see a 4 pack not an 8.. lol Go online and search for ab workouts, you will see that some will target the lower ones.

BTW I have workout equipment at home, and ummm well I don't use them that often.. I get bored way to easy doing the same thing all the time..

So true, tammy - I have a 4 pack as well, or when I am in shape I do - there's a good start to one anyway! But that pouch I can't seem to get rid of. Ok, I haven't been trying that hard, but I will ... !

I totally agree, I get sooo bored as well - that's why I can't do those stationary machines (tread mill, elliptical, etc.) - I'd rather do an aerobics class, play soccer, etc. But that's hard to do all the time! Though soccer season (indoor) does start this weekend - YAY!

Hey girls, my trainer, when I had one, told me that you can do exercises to target your lower abs, but that just makes them stronger, it does not get rid of the fat on top of them. You need to eat right and do cardio to get rid of that, its the only thing that will work. Sure you want muscles for when the "pouch" is gone, but it will not help you get rid of it. I have also read this a few times in my Shape magazine that I subscribe to.

If you have a Roman Chair at your gym It looks like a big chair with no seats, just arms sticking out, you get on that and do full leg lifts (straight out) and that targets your entire abs. Also do some just raising your knees. Does that make sense?

I have a two pack, working on a 4, hoping for at least a 6 by the time our wedding comes.. lol...

I loved doing kick boxing classes,, they got me in shape really fast. What sucks is that most of them suck and the one I used to go to is 45 minutes away from where I live now.. :-(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julesr View Post
If you have a Roman Chair at your gym It looks like a big chair with no seats, just arms sticking out, you get on that and do full leg lifts (straight out) and that targets your entire abs. Also do some just raising your knees. Does that make sense?

yeap makes since. And I actually heard that too, actually it's for all over your body too, some people who want to loose weight do just weights and not cardio so they end up building muscle under the fat and get discourged and quit. So good advise..