Jump to content

Photo

I've gotten a response from Michael, Riu's Photographer


  • Please log in to reply
141 replies to this topic

#71 Sandra E.

Sandra E.
  • Sr. Member
  • 2,183 posts

    Posted 03 April 2008 - 08:28 AM

    I'm reading this thread and I can't believe it. This is absolutely insane! Michael should be reported. We hired our own photographer for our wedding in Cabo at the Riu Santa Fe and the only thing we were required to pay for was her day pass.

    #72 Mich

    Mich
    • Newbie
    • 96 posts

      Posted 03 April 2008 - 09:18 PM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by ochoriobride
      Yes we do bring a photographer from home. My FI aunt is a photographer and she is coming at our wedding and she offer us to take the pictures for our wedding!
      Where in Canada are you from?
      Do you have your own photographer to are using Micheal?
      I live in the Toronto actually AJAX, Ont. Unfortunately I am still undecided. I have a lot of family from JA and I am trying to find someone down there to do it. Worse case though I may go w/ Michael. I've seen many of his pics from the recent brides and they look beautiful. However, there are a couple of specific types of pics that I want and I don't really know if that's his style.
      So stressed about it.

      #73 Birdie07

      Birdie07
      • Sr. Member
      • 1,218 posts

        Posted 03 April 2008 - 09:34 PM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Mich
        I live in the Toronto actually AJAX, Ont. Unfortunately I am still undecided. I have a lot of family from JA and I am trying to find someone down there to do it. Worse case though I may go w/ Michael. I've seen many of his pics from the recent brides and they look beautiful. However, there are a couple of specific types of pics that I want and I don't really know if that's his style.
        So stressed about it.
        If you want certain pics tell him. We told him ones we wanted and he was fine with it. I would give him a list and tell him you want these poses. He's fine with it!

        #74 Mich

        Mich
        • Newbie
        • 96 posts

          Posted 03 April 2008 - 09:37 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by CaliaA07
          If you want certain pics tell him. We told him ones we wanted and he was fine with it. I would give him a list and tell him you want these poses. He's fine with it!

          Thanks! I do have some examples that I will bring w/ me.

          #75 Agape Gems

          Agape Gems
          • Sr. Member
          • 1,260 posts

            Posted 07 April 2008 - 10:53 PM

            i contacted Michael about using his videography services and you can split up the hours. I asked if I could book him for the ceremony from 11-12 and then later from 2-3 for the reception and he said yes- it would be $300 for the first hour then $90 for the additional hour.
            See our professional weddings photos http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t21339

            #76 PrecisePlans

            PrecisePlans
            • Member
            • 802 posts

              Posted 07 April 2008 - 11:32 PM

              12piece........are you using him for photography also, or just videography?

              #77 Agape Gems

              Agape Gems
              • Sr. Member
              • 1,260 posts

                Posted 07 April 2008 - 11:38 PM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by md_ocr
                12piece........are you using him for photography also, or just videography?
                Just video. I'm using Robin Depaula for photos- which by the way, i love that photo of her's that you posted. I hadn't seen that one. VaVaVaVoom!
                See our professional weddings photos http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t21339

                #78 PrecisePlans

                PrecisePlans
                • Member
                • 802 posts

                  Posted 07 April 2008 - 11:39 PM

                  i know........she's fantastic!!!! I only HOPE that my photographer can bring it like that!! Your pics are going to be off da hooooookkkkk!!!!! :-)

                  #79 Agape Gems

                  Agape Gems
                  • Sr. Member
                  • 1,260 posts

                    Posted 07 April 2008 - 11:41 PM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by md_ocr
                    i know........she's fantastic!!!! I only HOPE that my photographer can bring it like that!! Your pics are going to be off da hooooookkkkk!!!!! :-)
                    Everyone keeps asking if I'm nervous about getting married, and the only thing I'm nervous about at all is my mom seeing the TTD pics!!! I'm just hoping my guests aren't standing around while we do this. are you bringing someone from home?
                    See our professional weddings photos http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t21339

                    #80 PrecisePlans

                    PrecisePlans
                    • Member
                    • 802 posts

                      Posted 07 April 2008 - 11:46 PM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by twelve_piece
                      Everyone keeps asking if I'm nervous about getting married, and the only thing I'm nervous about at all is my mom seeing the TTD pics!!! I'm just hoping my guests aren't standing around while we do this. are you bringing someone from home?
                      no, i'm actually flying in my photographer from NY. I met her online and her work is great too! We are doing our TTD the day after the wedding so nobody will be around (hopefully) and we are going to try to "tame" down the sex appeal so we can show all of our family and friends. Maybe put a playful, (splashing water) type of spin on it instead of "sexual healing" feel.....but as always, you will be my guinea pig!!




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users