Sign in to follow this  
PrecisePlans

I've gotten a response from Michael, Riu's Photographer

I feel sorry for all of you that are dealing with this. I was worried about Michael before we went but we planned on using him anyway. At the wedding was the first time we saw him and he was very accomidating to everything that we wanted. We were very happy with him and his work. I hope everything works out IRIE!

I can't believe that happened to Robin. I am using her as my photograher and she sent me a similar email regarding the hard time she was having. Maybe I will change my package to the free package to try and avoid Michael.

I also have an email from the Riu Wedding Department which I will be sure to have with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi View Post

Hey honey! Just walked in my door - I need for you to make a post on the BDW forum to warn all girls that are planning on bringing in outside photog & any destination wedding photogs that have weddings booked there.

I have never in my life been as scared as I was yesterday evening (my last night at the resort) - the goons at the Photoshop had one of the bellboys come threaten me during (another bride's) reception in the disco. He was trying to pull me out, demanding my room #, etc. Was so glad it was my last day there & would be leaving this am. I am going to lodging a formal complaint with the main office of the RIU, and so is the bride - she was livid!!!
Wow!!! That's insane. I don't like hearing this kind of stuff because I love that resort sad.gif I wonder how she got them to leave her alone, did she just refuse to indulge their harrassment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi View Post
!!!!!!!!!!IMPORTANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just received the following email from the photographer I (and three others while I was at ROR) hired & brought to Jamaica with me...

Hey honey! Just walked in my door - I need for you to make a post on the BDW forum to warn all girls that are planning on bringing in outside photog & any destination wedding photogs that have weddings booked there.

I have never in my life been as scared as I was yesterday evening (my last night at the resort) - the goons at the Photoshop had one of the bellboys come threaten me during (another bride's) reception in the disco. He was trying to pull me out, demanding my room #, etc. Was so glad it was my last day there & would be leaving this am. I am going to lodging a formal complaint with the main office of the RIU, and so is the bride - she was livid!!!

I'll also put out there that we had ABSOLUTELY NO PROBLEMS AT ALL with Michael or Photoshop. We booked a FREE package - and Michael is not notified of those weddings. HOpefully, if you book the free package and bring an outside photographer nobody will bother you...

Heidi.........any updates on this situation? I wonder if it was a BDW bride?

Quote:
Originally Posted by md_ocr View Post
Heidi.........any updates on this situation? I wonder if it was a BDW bride?
No update. It was a BDW bride - I changed the name in case she didn't want that info out there. rolleyes.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlmostMrsForbes View Post
I think it is Michael's attempt at extortion. And ... I think that the Riu has been either too busy or not bothered enough by it to care and/or do anything about it.
When we were freaking out about this, my husband called and asked someone (the TA, or Chandlyn or someone) and we found out the Micheal is the brother of the GM. That's how he gets away with it.

-Heather

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hez43 View Post
When we were freaking out about this, my husband called and asked someone (the TA, or Chandlyn or someone) and we found out the Micheal is the brother of the GM. That's how he gets away with it.

-Heather
That explains a lot.

This is all just so crazy and infuriating! I am getting married at Riu Negril and they have started saying the same thing. My TA called headquarters and was told to talk to the WC. I agree that it seems to be how they feel that day. Grrr! Keep on keeping us posted ladies!

Its so easy to vent here. I wish they could see all these posts and how stressed they are making people! I am using their videography, just not their photography. They should be happy with that!