Janet's STD's

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Janet

Janet
  • VIP Member
  • 7,459 posts

Posted 16 July 2006 - 12:10 AM

75 is our MAX too. I am trying to be easy going about it but if all these people really do buy tickets....ahhh!! I just keep telling myself it will make for a very fun party. haha.

I have to say I did most of my planning in January and February and I am SO GLAD I did that. First, I basically had my pick of vendors. Second, I haven't been stressed out really at all yet. I'm sure it will get crazier, but at least I will avoid the burnout I hope.

My planning trip was awesome. It was just me and my mom, so we were able to get a lot done. I basically just met with people I had already hired, but it helped build the relastionship with them, you know? Plus, we had never been to Cabo, so it just gave us an idea of where things are, how to get around, etc. It helps when we are giving advice to others about the little things: renting a car, going to the grocery store, etc. My whole long detailed review is in the Private Folder, FYI.

When will you be there in Nov for the planning trip? We will be there the 9-18 for wedding + honeymoon. Ahhh, I cannot wait.

we got our invites at einvite.com. If you are a member of Costso, everything is 25% off and honestly, the quality is great and I totally personalized them to what I want! If you use the link Click the image to open in full size.

Janet

AIM: jaynet03

Cabo Surf Hotel

Click the image to open in full size.

#2 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
    • 11,659 posts
    • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 16 July 2006 - 12:24 AM

"It's crazy..I thought we would have 50 people, and right now we have 72 who say they are coming. I guess I'll believe it when I see their plane tickets though...it's so hard to get an accurate count. "

i try to warn people that this might happen....steve and i thought we'd only have 10-15 people but had almost 60!

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
    Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
    Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
    Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
    sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
    Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#3 Janet

Janet
    • VIP Member
    • 7,459 posts

Posted 16 July 2006 - 12:28 AM

that's crazy! the difference between 15 and 60 is a lot more than 50 and 75!! I *should* be under budget if less than 75 come at least....

Janet

AIM: jaynet03

Cabo Surf Hotel

#4 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
      • 11,659 posts

Posted 16 July 2006 - 02:13 AM

you will be amazed how many people decide to come the last month or so!

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
      Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
      Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
      Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
      sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
      Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#5 NHPT

NHPT
      • 3,848 posts

Posted 16 July 2006 - 10:18 AM

i am sure- and we are still so far out everyone says they are coming but its SO hard to estimate who will really come. but we budgeted for 75 also- i am a little afraid it may go over- we both have really big families and then all of our friends are ready to go on a vacation! Janet- thanks for the info for invites- really appreciate it! so what details do you still have to do?

Nicole-NHPT

Dreams Resort

June 29, 2007

Wedding Site
        Destination Wedding Cabo San Lucas (3-29-07) Proud Momma to Avery (3-21-08) and Gracyn (10-12-10)

#6 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
        • 11,659 posts

Posted 16 July 2006 - 12:26 PM

i had this problem too..i had a few flake and a few who scheduled like the last week! i asked my travel agent to give me a heads up whenever someone booked with her...taht really helped.

Awards and recognition: 

#7 NHPT

NHPT
        • 3,848 posts

Posted 16 July 2006 - 12:45 PM

i had her do the same for me-she has been great. i think we are going to send out the save-the-dates pretty soon- which was sooner than we were originally planning- in hopes that people may book a little earlier (before we start reducing rooms from the room block)- haha- yeah right i am sure they will still all wait until the last minute- how many invites are you guys sending out? i think we are at about 150-175 with a total of about 250 people invited-ahhhh- that seems like so many!

Nicole-NHPT

Dreams Resort

June 29, 2007

Wedding Site
          Destination Wedding Cabo San Lucas (3-29-07) Proud Momma to Avery (3-21-08) and Gracyn (10-12-10)

#8 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
          • 11,659 posts

Posted 16 July 2006 - 01:21 PM

i sent out about 100 invites... i wanted my cabo wedding small because we are having an AHR in about 2 weeks that will be bigger.

Awards and recognition: 

#9 NHPT

NHPT
          • 3,848 posts

Posted 16 July 2006 - 04:58 PM

fun- we are not doing an AHR- so you are still planning away i bet! how many people are you expecting at the AHR?

Nicole-NHPT

Dreams Resort

June 29, 2007

Wedding Site

#10 NHPT

NHPT
            • 3,848 posts

Posted 16 July 2006 - 06:09 PM

wow- that is going to be so fun. are you wearing your dress? if not what are you wearing?

Nicole-NHPT

Dreams Resort

June 29, 2007

Wedding Site

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users