I might be getting a new ring!!!

Oh and for reference here's my current ring (except I have round stones instead of Princess)

Click the image to open in full size.

and the current WB...

Click the image to open in full size.

The band I was looking at today had small princess cut diamonds that matched up (in positioning) with my ER.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

JaimeLynne - Have you guys been to Robbins Bros? I know there is one in Dallas...they have SO MANY SETTINGS. So, if nothing else, it will give you a chance to try on everything from their solitaire settings to super detailed Tacori settings...just to see what you like. I ended up finding my dream ring there (actually FI found it while I was wandering around, completely overwhelmed). If you choose to buy there they will find diamonds within your price range with varying elements and let you pick your favorite. We looked at rings at the Houston location but FI bought the diamond at the Dallas location, overall our experience there was wonderful.

Jaime, that's so exciting! I do have to say tho that I like your original set A LOT! I have a solitaire, and I adore it, but if I went any blingy-er it would be just like your original. So pretty!

I also got a different ring after proposing. Marc initially wanted me to pick my own setting so he found a jeweler that allowed him to pick the diamond and she put it in a simple white gold setting. Then after the proposal, we went back down there to pick the setting. I printed a couple things online and she replicated it (with a few changes) for me. So really, I got a whole new ring after the proposal too. I like Jen's idea to find your diamond first, then pick the setting. Get exactly what you want.

Good tips everyone - thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jujigirl View Post
JaimeLynne - Have you guys been to Robbins Bros? I know there is one in Dallas...they have SO MANY SETTINGS. So, if nothing else, it will give you a chance to try on everything from their solitaire settings to super detailed Tacori settings...just to see what you like. I ended up finding my dream ring there (actually FI found it while I was wandering around, completely overwhelmed). If you choose to buy there they will find diamonds within your price range with varying elements and let you pick your favorite. We looked at rings at the Houston location but FI bought the diamond at the Dallas location, overall our experience there was wonderful.
Hi juji! Yes, we are definitely going to Robbins Bros! We were thinking of checking them as well as the Diamond Doctor out - do you happen to know anything about them? That huge Robbins Bros store looks like SO much fun - I can't wait to check it out! elefant.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougsGirl View Post
Jaime, that's so exciting! I do have to say tho that I like your original set A LOT! I have a solitaire, and I adore it, but if I went any blingy-er it would be just like your original. So pretty!
Thanks Abbie. I like it too, especially the ER by itself but paired with the WB it's just a little too blingy and I don't like it with a solid white gold band. The baguettes are a bit of a pain too - difficult to clean. Overall though it is really pretty... and sparkly! wink.gif

I haven't heard anything about Diamond Doctors but Robbins Bros is SO fun! My FI even had a good time (I think he was dreading it). When we walked in we were greeted at what looks like a hostess stand at a restaurant...you get a guy that tells you about all of the settings and helps you out. This was great for us since it was our first time ring shopping...you guys may like it better if you just wander, but no matter what it is FUN! Oh - and make sure you and your FI go to the bathroom...I know it sounds weird but the Houston one had really awesome bathrooms - but I won't give it away :)

Jaime,

Why not take one of your stones and have it moved into the new ring? Then you could take the old band, put some CZ's in it for when you travel. It would be less expensive than buying a whole new ring with stone, and it gives you a backup ring for situations where you might not want to risk damage/theft of your real ring.

That's what we did---- We got a really good deal on the center stone and just moved it to a new band, so it only wound up costing us the price of the new band and resetting fees. (about $1500 total)... we saved probably $4000 by re-using the diamond.