Sign in to follow this  
Alyssa

Do you take Probiotics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnR View Post
what the hell are they? lol sounds like a sci-fi movie.
Ha. Funny. monkey.gif

I don't take these, but I do eat yogurt every morning and add the benefiber to everything I eat....I suppose that takes care of everything. Probiotics help with digestion and all that jazz.......shitfan.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by starchild View Post
LOL I believe our resident microbiologist can explain them best, but here's a snippet:
Probiotics-Topic Overview
I think they did a pretty good job with explaining it. If anyone has specific questions I'd be happy to answer. I love talking about bacteria. :)

Too bad no one yelled, "is there a microbiologist in the house?" That would be cool.

I take them. I had some stomach problems and after a lot of tests - and a few scares where they thought it was something serious like cancer - they still can't figure out what's wrong. The doctor recommended I start taking them so I have been for a couple months. Here's what it says on the bottle:

Jamieson Brand Lactobacillus Acidophilus Probiotic Complex

and

Webber Naturals Brand Digestive Enzymes

I don't really notice a difference but my though is they're like multivitamins. I mean, when you take multivitamins you don't really notice a difference but there probably is one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan View Post
I think they did a pretty good job with explaining it. If anyone has specific questions I'd be happy to answer. I love talking about bacteria. :)

Too bad no one yelled, "is there a microbiologist in the house?" That would be cool.
HAHA...I know, that would have been cool :P

I've taken them before - usually after being on antibiotics or something. I don't really know if they're necessary in everyday life. But then again I also eat a ton of yogurt. I never really noticed any effects from them which I think is good.