• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#11 lambert13

lambert13
  • 901 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 12:00 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by foxytv
    I found a TON of great ideas on the www.michaels.com site -- but I am going to stick with the starfish and flip flip molds. I think I know how to do the different colors now ... but it will definitely be an all-day project! lol.

I hope I can find the time to get it all done with trying to get our house ready for new hardwoods and possibly selling, starting the new job, showers and b-party, final fittings, trying to come up with extra $$ for this wedding out of my a$$ and final prep and planning. AARRGGHH!!!

Is there a smilie yet for :pulling my hair out: ??
    I made soap a few years ago for Mother's Day gifts with stuff bought from Michael's and they came out awesome.

One idea I used was to buy some fake flowers there to suspend in the soap bars. They came out so cool looking. I did orange on the bottom and yellow on top with the flower in between the layers.

#12 foxytv

foxytv
    • VIP Member
    • 7,740 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 12:07 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by lambert13
      I made soap a few years ago for Mother's Day gifts with stuff bought from Michael's and they came out awesome.

One idea I used was to buy some fake flowers there to suspend in the soap bars. They came out so cool looking. I did orange on the bottom and yellow on top with the flower in between the layers.
      I saw the floating flowers and love it. I'm going to try it with some starfish and shells and see how that turns out as well!!

#13 nylalany

nylalany
      • 625 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 08:26 PM

oh the chocolate from Trader Joes is a good idea - would that be crazy to put 3 or 4 in little cellophane bags with a ribbon and a sticker with our log on it? Would they get smushed on the way down? - I don't think I'll have time to do 75 bags in Mexico...ugh!

#14 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
        • VIP Member
        • 11,403 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 12:46 AM

Tami - I may be late on this, but I've made tons on home made soap. I feel like you should start simple - basic soap first. When you start to get tricky & add things w/texture like oatmeal, lavender, ground apricot seeds, you will want to have a feel for how the soap works/responds. I like to use white glycerine in combo with the clear to give the soap a creamier appearance.

Good luck!

#15 foxytv

foxytv
          • VIP Member
          • 7,740 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 03:12 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Christa
            Tami - I may be late on this, but I've made tons on home made soap. I feel like you should start simple - basic soap first. When you start to get tricky & add things w/texture like oatmeal, lavender, ground apricot seeds, you will want to have a feel for how the soap works/responds. I like to use white glycerine in combo with the clear to give the soap a creamier appearance.

Good luck!
            Nope, you're not late at all! Tom and I went to Michael's yesterday, but I'm going to wait til payday to buy the rest of the stuff. I think I'll get one of the kits so that I have complete instructions, etc the first go-round.

And I think you are right to start out simple. I think we better do that b/c if we don't -- I'm afraid we'll bite off more than we can chew and they might not turn out so great.

Thanks for bringing me back to reality. lol

#16 nylalany

nylalany
            • 625 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 08:42 PM

I saw the molds but not the soap part - where do you see that part?

#17 gkashmira

gkashmira
              • 1,962 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 08:45 PM

I just had to laugh at myself! I thought you wrote homemmade SOUPS and I was like, Yum! I love soup!

Alas, soaps are nice too !
                Kashmira & Dan
                Happily married since June 16, 2007
                http://i95.photobuck....a/IMG_0769.jpg
                Our mini-video: http://www.bajavideo...m/Kash_Dan.html
                Photo slideshow: http://www.tomasbarron.com/recent.php

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users