At Home Reception 3 months later??

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#11 lucy106

• 2,880 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 03:21 PM

We are in the exact same situation! Our Nov Cancun wedding puts us right at the start of holiday season when we get home. Plus Chicago winters suck! We are going to wait until early spring so we can wait until after holidays and enjoy an outdoor bbq. Like everythine else with a DW, anything goes!

#12 amyrak

• 469 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 03:36 PM

Yes, Chicago winters suck just as bad as her in Michigan :) I do love Chicago though..think I'll be doing my bachelorette party there.
      Hmmm..maybe I'll decide not to wear my dress after 3 months I might be over it. We'll see.

#13 sohappy

• 260 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 03:41 PM

I think your friends and family would appreciate attending the AHR after the bustle of the holidays and you'll have more time to plan things out. I say go for it!

#14 tlomlad

• Banned
        • 1,949 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 05:26 PM

no that is perfectly fine!

#15 flygirl

• 263 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 11:36 PM

That's exactly what we're doing. Our wedding in Novemeber and our AHR is February because it gives the people that are coming to Mexico and the AHR time to recover. Also, I really want time to get my pictures back and put together some sort of video to show at the AHR.

#16 amyrak

• 469 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 12:18 AM

That's another good reason- to put together a video..Like it!

#17 happyone

• 223 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 12:31 AM

I'm having the AR at least a few months after my DW. I haven't set the date of it yet but I am in a wedding the month after mine and then we are headed to a DW in Maui the month after that.
                -No time until after the other celebrations!!

#18 jmill130

• 601 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 10:33 AM

Exactly as Flygirl has stated... Waiting a few months is almost necessary if you want to show wedding photos and or videos at your AHR. Depending on your photographer or videographer it may take some time to get all this back from them.

#19 Sandra E.

Sandra E.
                  • 2,183 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 10:42 AM

I'm not doing a AHR, but I have a couple of friends that waited a couple of months before doing theirs and it was fine. Another excuse for everyone to see each other. :)

#20 starchild

• Moderators
                    • 26,161 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 11:10 AM

We had ours 3 1/2 months after (along with another ceremony!) so anything goes :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users