Day after photo session?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 jthrasher

jthrasher
  • Banned
  • 486 posts

Posted 01 January 2007 - 11:01 PM

This is something I really want to start offering to clients and I want to get your opinions on it. I've seen some other photographers offer a day after photo session where you would spend 2 or so hours with your photographer the day after your wedding.

The point of the session is to get more really romantic, sexy photos of you and you new spouse in the beautiful setting where you chose to get married. Example shots would be something like on the beach laying in the sand letting the waves roll up over you both or hanging out cuddling in the hammock under the palm trees. It's meant to capture the romance and passion of your love for each other after your first night together as husband and wife.

Is that something that interests you as brides? I think it would make a very cool addition to your album or even as a separate album in of itself.

thoughts?

#2 Christine

Christine
    • VIP Member
    • 21,514 posts
    • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
    • Wedding Location:Napa, California
    • LocationReno, NV

Posted 02 January 2007 - 01:37 AM

I think it is a very cool option, also an option would be to offer time with the entire group (a lot of people do a group activity the next day), but as discussed in a previous thread, not everyone has tons of money to spend on photography. This might be an option for couples who are not able to get engagement photos done? If I had extra money in my budget I would get as many pictures as possible because I am a picture junkie.
    Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#3 jthrasher

jthrasher
    • Banned
    • 486 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 02:03 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Soon to be Mrs. Hull
      If I had extra money in my budget I would get as many pictures as possible because I am a picture junkie.
      should we start our own BDW 12 step program for photo junkies?

kidding kidding.

I do have some clients that have family members that want me to come early to do family type photos. But, it's always nice to make the most of what you can with the B&G. DW's are so easy for this because I can usually come early or stay late.

#4 -Kate-

-Kate-
      • VIP Member
      • 7,676 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 02:13 AM

Once we get a better handle on budget when people start rsvping we might try to work this into our wedding. I love the idea - esp in Mexico where you can get such great colors and light.

#5 Janet

Janet
        • VIP Member
        • 7,459 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 02:33 AM

I love the idea of this and have seen some great photos like this...but I have to say once my wedding was over I was so ready to just chill out, not have to get all dressed up again, or worry about anything. In the end, I'd probably like to have those photos, but I also loved that once the wedding was done I could finally completely relax.

#6 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
          • 11,659 posts
          • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 02 January 2007 - 02:40 AM

there are alot of brides that are going to do this...sarah, edyta...but for me it was not an option...i did not want to roll around in my dress because i told my husband i would sell it on ebay but i am having a hard time parting with it.

also, i really am not a good "subject". i do NOT like to get my photos taken. my husband was just telling me for the 80th time how great i look in casual pics when i do not know the camera is around...yes, backhanded comment...yes, i smacked him.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
          Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
          Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
          Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
          sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
          Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#7 jthrasher

jthrasher
          • Banned
          • 486 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 02:51 AM

i wouldn't make the couple get dressed up again. Just very casual. No wedding attire.

The "trash the dress" photo session is a whole other thread. :-)

#8 Jackie

Jackie
            • 2,290 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 09:11 AM

I am all for this too. But I would probably schedule it for the day before the wedding. I"m thinking once the wedding day is done, I might just want to relax and enjoy Mexico with a vacationers mindset.
              My Dreams Cabo Wedding Review
              http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t22576

#9 TammyB

TammyB
              • 10,630 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 11:10 AM

I think it's a great idea if it's within your budget. How great would it be to have a professional capture you surfing, snorking, laying out on the beach or whatever, the day after your wedding.

#10 *JillD*

*JillD*
                • 5,112 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 11:33 AM

I think it's a great idea! I'd probably want to do it the day before though, like others said it will be nice to just relax once the wedding is done!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users