Photo

Post pictures of......

• Please log in to reply
221 replies to this topic

#21 TammyB

TammyB
  • 10,630 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 04:47 PM

Sarah can you email me those pictures you posted? I can't see them at work, but I might be able to give you some suggestions. I was going to be an interior decorator but decided against it. I love decorating.

#22 Christine

Christine
    • VIP Member
    • 21,514 posts
    • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
    • Wedding Location:Napa, California
    • LocationReno, NV

Posted 19 February 2008 - 04:49 PM

Sarah I love the layout of your house, it seems so open and unique. I miss big houses, houses here are so small, unless you are independently wealthy and can afford a huge home.
    Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#23 beachbride08

beachbride08
    • VIP Member
    • 2,372 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 04:55 PM

Sarah, I think we have the same dining room table.
      Michelle

#24 Rachelle E.

Rachelle E.
      • VIP Member
      • 4,116 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 04:57 PM

Quote:
        That's totally what I want to do Rachelle- wood throughout. The problem is that the carpet was literally brand new when we bought the house, so it's kinda hard to justify ripping it out right away. Wood is definitely the long term plan.

So, with that dark fireplace would you do light or dark wood? I have SUCH a hard time decorating... it's impossible for me to make decisions on stuff! Besides the fact that I have champagne taste on a beer budget. lol
        I see what you mean about ripping out the carpet...but I have to say I'm glad wood is the long term plan! I think that will look great!!!

I'll have to see if I can find a pic...but one of my friends has this wood in her house that is mostly dark, but has some really pretty golden type colors running through it. I'm emailing her right now to find out! lol!

#25 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 6,996 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 04:58 PM

Yup, that's the great thing about michigan Christine- the economy is crappy so we all have big houses! lol

I love my table Michelle- it's really tall and expands to seat 8, and is square.

#26 Rachelle E.

Rachelle E.
          • VIP Member
          • 4,116 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 05:40 PM

Ok, I found the info on those floors I think are pretty...

Here are some pics from my friend's house - hopefully you can see well enough to get an idea of what they look like!

Click the image to open in full size.

and I think this is the company they used.

Shaw Floors: Carpets, Hardwoods, Ceramic, Laminates and Area Rugs -ShawFloors.com

#27 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 6,996 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 05:43 PM

omg Rachelle I LOVE that! That's totally the type of wood we have in mind. I'm hoping that will be next year's project.

Her house is beautiful!

#28 Rachelle E.

Rachelle E.
              • VIP Member
              • 4,116 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 05:44 PM

ok, I found a much better one...

Oh no! It's tiny! lol! I can email it if you're really interested...sorry about that! lol!

#29 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 6,996 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 05:47 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by redwards
                  ok, I found a much better one...

Oh no! It's tiny! lol! I can email it if you're really interested...sorry about that! lol!
                  Yes, if you would! I'm totally bookmarking that page...

My email is AQHARider@hotmail.com

#30 Rachelle E.

Rachelle E.
                  • VIP Member
                  • 4,116 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 05:48 PM

Quote:
                    omg Rachelle I LOVE that! That's totally the type of wood we have in mind. I'm hoping that will be next year's project.

Her house is beautiful!

yeah, I think it's really pretty too! They saved for YEARS for this house...and still only own one car - quite a feat in TX where everything is so spread out and there is virtually no public transportation! But it's what they wanted so that's where they spent their money. :-) I joke that her house is a pottery barn showroom since that's where they got ALL of their furniture! It's really nice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users