Post pictures of......

• Please log in to reply
221 replies to this topic

#191 Rachelle E.

Rachelle E.
  • VIP Member
  • 4,116 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 02:14 PM

omg...that's a killer deal on that living room furniture Christa!!! It's SO pretty too!

And I think you'll be fine w/ the white leather. We have light beige leather in our living room and it's holding up great! Just keep some good spot cleaner around...just in case! :-) Most stuff wipes off just fine though.

funny story though...our best man was staying at our apt the night of our wedding (he had taken all the gifts back there etc.) Anyway, he had gone out w/ all the boys to a strip club after the reception, was VERY drunk, came back to the apt and crashed out on our couch. We come home to find a red XXX stamp on the arm of the sofa and Toby feeling just terrible about it! lol! Turns out that was the stamp they'd used when he was getting into the club and when he'd fallen asleep his hand was stuck in that one position all night...transferring the stamp from his hand to our sofa!!! Luckily the leather cleaner we use on the seats in our car took it off - you can't even tell it was ever there! :-) But it was pretty funny/scandalous at the time!

#192 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
    • VIP Member
    • 11,403 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 02:17 PM

Oh wow...note to self: no passing out on new leather couch when any stamps present on body.

#193 Jenn3878

Jenn3878
      • 5,681 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 04:08 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Christa
        Well, I'm super bummed I can't post any pics of our actual house - we still don't have internet access...ergo can't upload pics & post to BDW. GRRRR.

However, I did buy a new couch this weekend, luckily it's up on Macy's website, so here's a link.... Macy*s - Furniture - Vice Versa Modular Tufted-Leather Living Room Furniture Collection

I am super stoked because I got 5 pieces for $600 at auction!!! Retail would have been $4300 for the two corner pieces, two armless chairs & one ottoman. Hell ya!!!
        That is a SWEET couch!!! Can't wait to see your pics of your new place!

#194 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
        • VIP Member
        • 11,403 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 04:42 PM

Thanks ladies. I'm thinking of buying some accent pillows in fun colors. These silk pillows in aqua are on sale at overstock.com... Click the image to open in full size.

#195 Rachelle E.

Rachelle E.
          • VIP Member
          • 4,116 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 04:49 PM

ooh! I like those!! and the aqua would look gorgeous on that new couch!!

#196 Janet

Janet
            • VIP Member
            • 7,459 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 05:19 PM

OMG why have I not seen this thread in MONTHS? Am I blind?!? I love all of your homes and being able to get some design ideas. Our house is in a total state of half-done. I have a feeling it always will be.

But here are a few pics anyway:

I painted the master bedroom like 4 times before I settled on this gray color:

Click the image to open in full size.

Umm yes have I mentioned I have a craigslist addiction. I bought this sofa on craigslist for $80 and painted the wood frame a glossy white. My husband HATES it. But I love it. (Don't worry you won't hurt my feelings if you tell me you hate it.) I am trying for a very modern gray/yellow combo in here. I need new bedding though. And a headboard.

#197 Janet

Janet
              • VIP Member
              • 7,459 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 05:22 PM

I haven't even started dealing with our 2nd bedroom. Here is what it looks like now.

And here is my "inspiration" for what I want to do in here, at least colorwise:

#198 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
                • VIP Member
                • 11,403 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 05:44 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Janet
                  OMG why have I not seen this thread in MONTHS? Am I blind?!? I love all of your homes and being able to get some design ideas. Our house is in a total state of half-done. I have a feeling it always will be.

But here are a few pics anyway:

I painted the master bedroom like 4 times before I settled on this gray color:

Hi Janet! OK, I love that grey you have in your bedroom. Save me some work & tell me the color!!

#199 Janet

Janet
                  • VIP Member
                  • 7,459 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 05:50 PM

Christa -- It's Benjamin Moore Revere Pewter. I also really like Behr Wheat Bread. They are both warm, inviting grays, not cold, stony grays. And trust me, I wasted like 140 hours of my life researching this! :)

#200 Christine

Christine
                    • VIP Member
                    • 21,514 posts
                    • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
                    • Wedding Location:Napa, California
                    • LocationReno, NV

Posted 21 April 2008 - 05:52 PM

Janet it looks great
                    Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users