So What do you do for a living?

• Please log in to reply
577 replies to this topic

#291 meghan

• 832 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 06:30 PM

I am a grade 1 teacher...busy and lots of fun!

#292 mrsgtobe

• 153 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 06:53 PM

I'm a Financial Analyst for Coca-Cola...plus mom to an 18 year old son and 7 year old daughter...soon to be mom to a 16 year old daughter and 13 year old son (because of course, planning my wedding! lol) ...plus I'm in my final year of getting my Bachelor's Degree....busy busy!

September Siggy Challengehttp://i103.photobuc....llyJericho.jpgOYE! My head! Man, we really need to lay off the catnip!

#293 Jessica

• VIP Member
      • 11,939 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by TA Maureen
        I'm a TA and I help brides plan beautiful destination weddings and love doing it! Ok, so maybe you know what I do for a living, lol! Here is what you might not know, I also am a proud Mommy. I have a daughter and a 7 month old son. I also went to grad school (but didn't complete the program as of yet) for Applied Behavior Analysis so occassionaly I pick up jobs after office hours doing in home therapy for children with autism and behavior disorders and try to keep up with current studies and work in this field.
        I so wish I would have gotten documentation of my hours when I was working in the field so I could have taken the extra classes and gotten my BCBA. I seriously kick myself daily for not doing that. It would have been nice to have just in case... especially since I did the work for 6 years!

Anyway, I replied to this thread before but I will update since my others are outdated. I make money by being a professional problem listener. I am a therapist and currently work with adolescents and young adults who are in the foster care system. In the next 3 years or so I'd like to start doing private practice work and focus on family therapy.

#294 sunset78

• 1,280 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 08:11 PM

I work as a Mechanical Inspector for an oilsands company, I mainly deal with pumps. Plus I own and run my own home business selling pet products. I know it's quite the contrast in jobs...lol

#295 lil_reeves

• 237 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 08:21 PM

I work in sales and marketing for a national transportation company! I moved out of the city (Calgary) a few years back and my company decided to let me work remotely from home.

I'm one lucky lil lady!!!

#296 ~Angela~

• 4,172 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 08:26 PM

I am a teacher of the deaf and hard of hearing. Today was the second day of school after summer vacation .... I miss it already!

#297 *Meagan*

• 5,521 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 09:45 PM

I am a radiologic technologist in a Trauma I facility!

#298 Weddingin2010

• 155 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 10:07 PM

I run a restaurant while my fiance stays home with our 1-year-old son. I enjoy my job but the hours are long and it can be pretty stressful at times. Plus most of my staff were born in the 90's which makes me feel OLD! :)

#299 stina76

• 54 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 11:12 PM

I'm a high school counselor. Angela - today was our second day back to school also so I feel your pain! : ) Summers go by too fast!!

#300 KarenM

• 1,920 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 11:16 PM

I'm loving reading about what everyone does!
                      I'm an RN and will be running around midtown giving flu shots at various businesses this Fall. Also in school for family nurse practitioner & doctor of nursing practice degrees (think I may have lost my mind).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users