577 replies to this topic

#201 zorlack76

zorlack76
  • 259 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 06:37 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Stephany@EyeSpy
    I'm a wedding photographer. :)

But I used to be a 911 dispatcher 8 years ago. That was a crazy job, you definitely need to be a Type A personality person to do it successfully. There were crazy calls, funny calls, and scary calls. That is where I met my hubby, so I always knew what type of situations he was getting into and I don't worry so much.

Everything has to be super documented and professional (obviously) on the radio and in the reports, but one night, a group of the dispatchers were shooting the breeze and I had an open mic and said "dirty whore" on the radio. Luckily it was 4am and all of the cops were sleeping....

I also had to wear brown polyester so after a few years of my fashion restriction, I said I'M DONE!!!
    Hahaha...Im a police officer so I can totally understand where you are coming from with that. Thats too funny...I remember when I was a young buck, one of the guys I got hired with was a complete idiot. He was calling off a traffic stop, and said, "Oh shit, where am I at?" He got crap for that till he quit like a month later. Too funny!!!

#202 dolphin

dolphin
    • 39 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 02:19 AM

I am a NYC Police Officer. I think Lucy is the only other cop. I figured there would be a few more. There are so many nurses---just a special thanks you guys, nurses are always so nice to all the police officers. We appreciate it.

#203 DWandMJ

DWandMJ
      • 274 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 04:17 AM

Both FI and I work for the California Dept. of Corrections and Rehabilitation.
        I'm not really sure how I ended up here, I was going to school for Interior Design...

#204 teresayax

teresayax
        • 24 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 07:54 AM

I am a forensic DNA analyst. I've always wanted to go into police work until I fell in love with my biology courses in college...I know I'm a nerd!

#205 Angela139

Angela139
          • 455 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 02:16 PM

I'm a plain old boring lawyer :) I practice mainly commercial litigation. Everyone else has such interesting jobs! lol

#206 *Casey*

*Casey*
            • 5,209 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 02:19 PM

I work for CBS Sports in NYC pulling highlights and clips and keeping all the talent happy.

#207 sunsetbride1

sunsetbride1
              • 1,083 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 04:06 PM

I am a fragrance evaluator; I creatively project manage cologne/perfume development for a fragrance house in NYC which involves LOTS of smelling fragrances all day long. =)

#208 Angela139

Angela139
                • 455 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 04:23 PM

Shannon - which is your favorite perfume? :)

#209 sunsetbride1

sunsetbride1
                  • 1,083 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 12:27 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Angela139
                    Shannon - which is your favorite perfume? :)
                    That's a tough one... part of me wants to be partial to the ones that I worked on developing!!!
                    Let's put it this way -
                    I wear Tom Ford's White Patchouli
                    I worked on an love Calvin Klein's Secret Obession.

#210 Maybride2009

Maybride2009
                    • 408 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 12:36 PM

I am an entrepreneur! I started and am running my own online business. I sell high quality, artist dyed knitting yarns. Yup, I am a knitting nerd!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users