Photo

So What do you do for a living?

• Please log in to reply
577 replies to this topic

#181 chickadee024

chickadee024
  • 140 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 05:39 PM

I work at the Indiana State Department of Health in the Public Health Preparedness and Emergency Response division. I am the Program Director for the Emergency System for Advance Registration of Volunteer Health Professionals (ESAR-VHP) and the Medical Reserve Corps (MRC), two statewide programs that corral healthcare professionals into volunteering and assures that their credentials are verified. I started out as a Bioterrorism Coordinator for Monroe County, home of Indiana University.

I am also the Central Chapter President for the Indiana Public Health Association.

Whew! Those government jobs sure have long titles....

#182 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 9,504 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 05:45 PM

Wow! You have a lot of initials and acronyms! It sure makes you sound important! I'm impressed! LOL

#183 BachataBride

BachataBride
      • Banned
      • 9,310 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 05:52 PM

Yup...sounds impressive to me too!!!

#184 chickadee024

chickadee024
        • 140 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 06:11 PM

Thanks girls! They are impressive until you mix them up while presenting them....then I just look stupid. And I feel like my business card needs to be index-size.

The most important ones I haven't achieved yet....MPH and DrPH. Soon, though!

#185 tchuchuca

tchuchuca
          • 361 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 07:07 PM

I am the VIP Manager for the Glass Cactus Nightclub at the Gaylord Texan Resort. Basically I sell people space for parties... Cool title for a pretty lame job!

#186 tylersgirl

tylersgirl
            • 1,681 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 08:03 PM

I am a drug dealer...jk...I am a Pharmaceutical Representative

#187 Jess

Jess
              • 4,455 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 08:25 PM

I'm an independent insurance agent - I mostly handle employee health benefits, vision, dental, life, disability, and long term care insurance with all the major carriers

#188 nevisbride2010

nevisbride2010
                • 24 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 10:19 PM

Wow, you guys have some really interesting jobs.

I'm a socio-economic researcher. Although I have been unemployed for over three months due to budget cuts. As boring as it sounds and was some days I actually miss it!

My FI is a system network engineer AKA computer nerd. :)

#189 litl_april

litl_april
                  • 351 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 10:31 PM

Wow! I love reading what everyone does for a living! Such a wide variety!

I am currently an Assistant Teacher with Head Start. What I want/hope to do with my degree (Child Development and Family Sciences) is developmental screenings on infants and toddlers. It may soon happen if the opportunities are available as FI and I will likely soon be moving as he is 1 1/2 months from graduating as a Mechanical Engineer and received a great job offer for pretty much anywhere in the US! I'm excited, I love working with the preschoolers, but it's a very exhausting environment.

#190 edssbride09

edssbride09
                    • 233 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 12:17 AM

This is kinda cool! I work for a large Environmental NGO doing project development. Mostly I work on creating funding proposals for all the cool environmental projects we want to get started. So basically my job is "saving the world"... (that was supposed to be funny)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users