Sign in to follow this  
S2BLennon

purchase wedding bands in St Thomas?

OK so I am going on a cruise next week and we are stopping at St Thomas where we plan on having the wedding in another year.. Anyone have any suggestions on where to look for a wedding band/ what to keep an eye out for?

I thought it would be romantic if we purchased our rings from the island we plan on getting married at.. :)

suggestions?

That is so cute.

I got a very cute white gold ring with diamonds from the H. Stern Outlet on St. Thomas.

One friend of mine got her DH his wedding band at the Tiffany's store n St. Thomas.

There are so many jewelry places.

I have to get back to you on this. My FI bought be a band there on our cruise in August. When I brought it to a local jewler he couldn't believe the quality for what he paid. It is a 1.2 carat eternity band and it was 750.00. We have to look for our paperwork then I'll send you the place.

I'm so excited I get to share this place with you it was amazing. (He did haggle a bit, but you have to on the islands)

St. Thomas shopping is basically all jewelry. Every other store is a jewelry store!! You'll have no problems finding something. The H. Stern Outlet is great. Cardow is also nice. I found that the smaller stores are more willing to go lower on the prices than the bigger stores.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaLovesBrian View Post
St. Thomas shopping is basically all jewelry. Every other store is a jewelry store!! You'll have no problems finding something. The H. Stern Outlet is great. Cardow is also nice. I found that the smaller stores are more willing to go lower on the prices than the bigger stores.

Good to know - thank you! There is a Tiffany's on the island?! OMG I am going to run out of time there! We will have 3 appts to see resorts and go to Megans bay and buy rings!?! I better have my coffee in the morning!

I spent most of my time on St. John and it was the same way - jewelry stores everywhere! One other thing to check out - they have cute bracelets called hook bracelets. Everyone sells them. If you wear the bracelet with the hook facing your heart it means you are taken.

we bought both my engagement ring and fi's wedding band from jewels forever in charlotte amalie. fi's family has been doing business with them for yeeeeeeears. they have a great selection and it's pretty low pressure as far as jewelry buying goes.

OK so I found my stuff the place is called Imperial Jewelers. They have a website, but it really doesn't show the stuff they have. They have so much in person. Be careful...The Tiffany store I went to there was not any cheaper. At least not enough that I noticed.

I actually got my engagment ring on the cruise ship - it is beautiful and we got an awesome price on it. (I didn't know FI bought it at the time) So I would say check out the store on the ship too - We were on a Royal Caribbean ship and the jewelry store's home office was in Miami (I checked it out)