Photo

purchase wedding bands in St Thomas?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 S2BLennon

S2BLennon
  • 668 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 02:53 AM

OK so I am going on a cruise next week and we are stopping at St Thomas where we plan on having the wedding in another year.. Anyone have any suggestions on where to look for a wedding band/ what to keep an eye out for?

I thought it would be romantic if we purchased our rings from the island we plan on getting married at.. :)

suggestions?

#2 Yari

Yari
    • VIP Member
    • 10,928 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 02:57 AM

That is so cute.

I got a very cute white gold ring with diamonds from the H. Stern Outlet on St. Thomas.

One friend of mine got her DH his wedding band at the Tiffany's store n St. Thomas.

There are so many jewelry places.

#3 Alipires1

Alipires1
      • 298 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 03:21 AM

I have to get back to you on this. My FI bought be a band there on our cruise in August. When I brought it to a local jewler he couldn't believe the quality for what he paid. It is a 1.2 carat eternity band and it was 750.00. We have to look for our paperwork then I'll send you the place.

I'm so excited I get to share this place with you it was amazing. (He did haggle a bit, but you have to on the islands)

#4 Jessica

Jessica
        • VIP Member
        • 11,939 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 03:23 AM

St. Thomas shopping is basically all jewelry. Every other store is a jewelry store!! You'll have no problems finding something. The H. Stern Outlet is great. Cardow is also nice. I found that the smaller stores are more willing to go lower on the prices than the bigger stores.

#5 S2BLennon

S2BLennon
          • 668 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 03:37 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by JessicaLovesBrian
            St. Thomas shopping is basically all jewelry. Every other store is a jewelry store!! You'll have no problems finding something. The H. Stern Outlet is great. Cardow is also nice. I found that the smaller stores are more willing to go lower on the prices than the bigger stores.

Good to know - thank you! There is a Tiffany's on the island?! OMG I am going to run out of time there! We will have 3 appts to see resorts and go to Megans bay and buy rings!?! I better have my coffee in the morning!

#6 jillhiggins

jillhiggins
            • Banned
            • 386 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 07:32 AM

I spent most of my time on St. John and it was the same way - jewelry stores everywhere! One other thing to check out - they have cute bracelets called hook bracelets. Everyone sells them. If you wear the bracelet with the hook facing your heart it means you are taken.

#7 katrina

katrina

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 4,328 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 09:43 AM

we bought both my engagement ring and fi's wedding band from jewels forever in charlotte amalie. fi's family has been doing business with them for yeeeeeeears. they have a great selection and it's pretty low pressure as far as jewelry buying goes.

#8 Alipires1

Alipires1
                • 298 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 09:05 PM

OK so I found my stuff the place is called Imperial Jewelers. They have a website, but it really doesn't show the stuff they have. They have so much in person. Be careful...The Tiffany store I went to there was not any cheaper. At least not enough that I noticed.

#9 Betsy

Betsy

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 4,513 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 12:40 AM

I actually got my engagment ring on the cruise ship - it is beautiful and we got an awesome price on it. (I didn't know FI bought it at the time) So I would say check out the store on the ship too - We were on a Royal Caribbean ship and the jewelry store's home office was in Miami (I checked it out)

#10 Alipires1

Alipires1
                    • 298 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 12:46 AM

I don't know if this helps, but this is the ring I was talking about.

Click the image to open in full size.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users