Banned?

• Please log in to reply
174 replies to this topic

#111 boscobel

boscobel
  • VIP Member
  • 24,213 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 04:17 PM

It letts you refresh and search as often as you want. It's awesome!

#112 Stormsong

Stormsong
    • 287 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 10:14 PM

what is flood control? not that i am anywhere NEAR enough points to start buying cool things! (Though, i have stopped opening EVERY thread around! lol)
      Lisa

#113 DLyteful

DLyteful
      • 879 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 10:59 PM

WOW! I never knew any of the "stealing points" stuff.... Well, it really doesnt matter b/c I would never steal from you girls.. I dont want to get a bad rep, but I think it's funny how it gives the little messages of "dont you feel bad". And it's so funny how the Mods are like, go ahead and try it see what happens. Only on BDW would you be encouraged to steal.. you girls are too funny.

#114 jajajaja

jajajaja
        • VIP Member
        • 9,794 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 12:09 PM

I tried to steal three times from a banned member- now I barely have any points. hahaha- I'm a gambler. I admit it.

Anyways, after I suddenly became poor I looked up the odds of being successful at a theft. Its really bad odds. Only 3 people have been successful out of like 27 attempts. Don't do it!! haha
          Happily married since 2008

#115 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
          • Moderators
          • 25,218 posts
          • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
          • LocationSeattle

Posted 12 March 2008 - 06:21 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by LC_Rachel
          I tried to steal three times from a banned member- now I barely have any points. hahaha- I'm a gambler. I admit it.

Anyways, after I suddenly became poor I looked up the odds of being successful at a theft. Its really bad odds. Only 3 people have been successful out of like 27 attempts. Don't do it!! haha

Did the points disapear from your banked points? I just ran across a banned member with a buttload of points and was thinking of trying this, but not at the risk of all of mine! I like to give gifts and stuff! How many got taken from you each time?

#116 Yari

Yari
          • VIP Member
          • 10,928 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 06:39 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by DougsGirl
            Did the points disapear from your banked points? I just ran across a banned member with a buttload of points and was thinking of trying this, but not at the risk of all of mine! I like to give gifts and stuff! How many got taken from you each time?
            Let's say you try to steal 200 points. You have to have 200 points active (not banked) and then if you are successful you get 200 points, but if you are unsuccessful the 200 points are taken away.

Also know that it takes away Karma points too! I use to have three, now I have zero...boo hoo.

#117 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 18,759 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 07:05 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Yari
              Let's say you try to steal 200 points. You have to have 200 points active (not banked) and then if you are successful you get 200 points, but if you are unsuccessful the 200 points are taken away.

Also know that it takes away Karma points too! I use to have three, now I have zero...boo hoo.

I got my karma back pretty fast. But I lost 3 too. Not sure why I was able to get it back so quick. I donated 50 points to a ton of newbies. I thought maybe that would give me good karrma. Then I started getting these really nice thank you notes :) I felt a little bad that I had done it just to see if I could get back my karma.

#118 Mandy

Mandy
              • 514 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 07:07 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Morgan
                I got my karma back pretty fast. But I lost 3 too. Not sure why I was able to get it back so quick. I donated 50 points to a ton of newbies. I thought maybe that would give me good karrma. Then I started getting these really nice thank you notes :) I felt a little bad that I had done it just to see if I could get back my karma.
                I think this should go in the confessions thread!

#119 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 18,759 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 07:10 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Mandy
                  I think this should go in the confessions thread!
                  Really, I felt bad. The PMs would say "thanks you are so nice I really appreciate it" and I was so ashamed I had just done it as a test. Well, I did pick noobs because they need 50 points the most so I guess I was a little thoughtful.

#120 Mandy

Mandy
                  • 514 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 07:13 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Morgan
                    Really, I felt bad. The PMs would say "thanks you are so nice I really appreciate it" and I was so ashamed I had just done it as a test. Well, I did pick noobs because they need 50 points the most so I guess I was a little thoughtful.
                    I would understand the shame were you trying to steal 50 points from tons of people, but donating the points, for whatever reason, can't be that bad. I mean how many people do you know that only donate to charity because it makes them feel good or helps them out with taxes? Just think of the karma as a tax refund! (Sorry, I guess I'm in tax mode today!)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users