Photo

First Draft of my Menu Cards

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#11 Stormsong

Stormsong
  • 287 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 12:27 AM

oh...yes..fonts....i want to change those....just forgot! (Sarah gave me some that I LOVE...) Problem is....i can't figure out where they download to. Or how to get them to work. So, when my FI comes home, I will get him to show me. And I will use different fonts.

I thought I had centered them...though....having really never created anything in powerpoint before....other than stealing Morgans stuff....i had trouble with that. I will try to center them better!

I would LOVE to work on yours Courtney! Or, send you this when its done, and you can add your own menu to it.

I am going to try to get it right, then print it off and see how I want to display it. I will let everyone know and have a looksee when its done!

Thanks girls!
    Lisa

#12 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 18,759 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 12:44 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Stormsong
      oh...yes..fonts....i want to change those....just forgot! (Sarah gave me some that I LOVE...) Problem is....i can't figure out where they download to. Or how to get them to work. So, when my FI comes home, I will get him to show me. And I will use different fonts.

I thought I had centered them...though....having really never created anything in powerpoint before....other than stealing Morgans stuff....i had trouble with that. I will try to center them better!

I would LOVE to work on yours Courtney! Or, send you this when its done, and you can add your own menu to it.

I am going to try to get it right, then print it off and see how I want to display it. I will let everyone know and have a looksee when its done!

Thanks girls!
      I center stuff in powerpoint two ways.

1. stretch the text box so it covers end to end. Then use the text center button

2. turn on the grid (view-->grid & gridlines-->display grid on screen)

I use powerpoint a lot for my job so I've gotten pretty use to designing things with it.

Installing fonts it pretty simple. I download them from dafont into a folder i made for them in my documents. Then I unzip them & move the file into the C:WindowsFonts folder. Viola, you have a pretty new font.

Windows Vista : Right-click on the font files > "Install"
      Windows XP : Put the font files into C:WindowsFonts
      Mac OS X : Double-click the font file > "Install font" button.

#13 Stormsong

Stormsong
      • 287 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 01:08 AM

Cool! Thanks!
        I got sucked into Dafont!! Eeksss!!! How do you know what to look for!!! I think i downloaded like 8 fonts! Wow! I am going to play with them tomorrow.

Thanks for the tip about stretching the box to the end of the papers. I was trying to make the boxes small...so yah, i guess if you stretch it, then centre text, it WOULD center it all! Great tip! Thanks!!
        Lisa

#14 trisha0612

trisha0612
        • 491 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 01:57 AM

It looks great! I haven't even thought of doing this yet!
          Travis & Trish
          10-10-08
          Tulum..uhh I mean Cancun, MX

#15 tlomlad

tlomlad
          • Banned
          • 1,949 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 03:06 AM

they are looking great!!!

#16 nenamono

nenamono
            • 282 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 06:01 PM

Nice job, now you have me wondering how Im going to do ours.
              I found a spelling error before you print final copies. The dessert header should be Postres you have Lostres. But I see it spelled correctly right below.

#17 anaderoux

anaderoux
              • 3,220 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 06:08 PM

Lisa I would change "Entrantes" for "Entradas" and "Lostres" for "Postres"

#18 foxytv

foxytv
                • VIP Member
                • 7,740 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 06:27 PM

[quote=Stormsong;266447]Cool! Thanks!
                  I got sucked into Dafont!! Eeksss!!! How do you know what to look for!!! I think i downloaded like 8 fonts! Wow! I am going to play with them tomorrow.
                  [quote]

I know what you mean about dafont.com .. but just take some time and play around.

If you know you want script writing, focus on that search first, etc.

I downloaded a TON of fonts on my other laptop, which has since crashed, so now I am back to square one for everything I don't already have printed.

It SUCKS!!!

#19 lucy106

lucy106
                  • 2,880 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 06:43 PM

They are looking great! You will have to post a pic of the final product.

#20 becks

becks

VIP

• VIP Member
                    • 4,881 posts
                    • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
                    • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
                    • LocationNew York

Posted 19 February 2008 - 06:44 PM

I think they look GREAT! With a little bit of fancy font, and the typos above fixed, I think they'll be fantastic!

Also, if you're printing on tan, what about using a nice chocolate brown instead of the black?

I don't know what your wedding colors are, but you might also think of incorporating one of those into the "shadow" under the flourish. Note though, that printing on tan you'll have to run a few test copies to make sure the colors look the way you want.

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users